Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bass Master Weekend Series

Started by Anthony Adams, March 23, 2007, 05:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Adams

In 2008 the ABA will be bring the Bassmaster Weekend Series to Michigan.

We expect this series will have between 65-90 Boats.

I would like to pool those who are interested in fishing it.

Do you think this series would be more successful if it were geared towards one side of the state? Meaning - All the events on the West or East side? Or all the events on big water or on inland lakes? Keep in mind we need good launch locations that can handle 90 boats.

What Lakes would you suggest.

For more info on the ABA go to www.americanbassanglers.com
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Eric

I think one on Erie & one on St Clair, simply because of the quality of fishing they offer and the draw they will have.  I also think 2 should be west side, or north side, or something other than eastside.  I don't think it should be another eastside (AuGres to Ohio) or Detroit club, but a variety of fisheries (and fish) will require some versatility to be successful. 
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

fastgambler2100

i love the idea i fished one last year on the grand river it was great just like the bfl wish they would fish at least 2 on this side of the state like grand river, muskegon lake then lake st clair detroit river maybe you could get more of these guys on this side of the state to fish all of them there is alot of good sticks on the west side but most of them dont like the idea of 3 tournaments on the east side and dont go over there        just hope the dates dont overlap with what im fishing     thanks  scott

BASS FISHERMAN

i heer of this gambler dude befour  :D :D :D
the wurd is fastgamblur is afraide to go to the big watur durin tournies  ;) ;) ;)
if big waves are out thar on the big watur or yous trims yur boat up high on the pad he is likeily to wet himselfs rite theen an thar  :D :D :D
one times is see hims lift goin into indian channle an lets the flying dutchman go on by  :D :D :D
dont hav a clue whuts thats bout  ;) ;) ;)

:-* :-* :-* RANGERS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

OUTLAW

I would like to see them all on the west side, but I know that is not an option. I would go 1- on the Grand River, 1- Muskegon, 1- Up North,  1- on Randel or cold water, and one in the middel of the state, like wixom, or hardy, cadilac,

If they do come to michigan next year you can count on me and my partner.

smbassman

I wanted to fish them this year  :'( so I'll definitely look at it for next year. 

No more than one tournament per lake, per year.  Saginaw Bay(before St. Clair opens) or up north somewhere(GTB?), St. Clair, Grand Rvr or Muskegon, finish on Erie.

I think to be successful, you need Erie and St. Clair but the other tournaments should move around as much as possible.

It would also be great to have an out of state "border" tournament before Michigan opens, similar to the old Tri-State.  Getting an early start by crossing the border, I think would attract a lot of guys that have the itch for some competition.  You might have to call it the TriState division though?

canvsbk

That tri state idea is a good one.
Like most guys on the west side I would be more inclined to fish 'em all if they were mixed up a bit. 1 up north - 1 or 2 west side & 1 or 2 east side.
There are a few spots in northern Indiana with enough water and the facilities you're looking for and in addition I'm sure that would add anglers too.

;D ;D ;D vote BASS FISHERMAN for School Board President  ;D ;D ;D
Look past what they want you to see.

LGMOUTH

I am also for the idea of a tournament down in northern Indiana first then one on the Grand River, One on Saginaw Bay, One on the Detroit river. That mixes it up enough your not catering to one area but your covering all of the areas that hold most of the fishermen. I think if you cater to one side or the other you wont get the boat numbers that your looking for. If the out of state tournament isnt an option then I would suggest two tournments on the west side and two on the east. Again I think thats where the numbers are so I would focus on those areas. Just my 2cents
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Anthony Adams

QuoteIf they do come to michigan next year you can count on me and my partner.

It is coming .... and the ABA plans to make it a priority.

I have been asked to put forth a lenitive schedule and provide insight to our national team.

I really like this series and the way the ABA has set it up - it is the shortest trip to the Bassmaster classic.... Only 6 Tournaments..

We will have 4 one-day events and one 2-day event here in Michigan.

I would consider a Northern Indiana event... But we have a Northern Ohio Division now.... this may not be plausible.

Keep the ideas coming ........

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

silverminnow

I like the idea of splitting it with 2 on the West side and 2 on the East side.  It makes it fair with travel and mixes up the style of fishing.

Flippin222

I agree with the spreading the tournaments spread throughout the state.

Muskegon, Grand River, Houghton/Higgins, Burt/Mullet, Traverse Bay, Wixom, St. Clair / Detroit River, Saginaw Bay, etc....

Would make for an interesting series.
Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

macbass

Muskegon the Grand river then go Wixom or Sanford then St.Clair then have the two day on the Elk and torch chain that would make for a good schedule.

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

smbassman

We will have 4 one-day events and one 2-day event here in Michigan.

I would consider a Northern Indiana event... But we have a Northern Ohio Division now.... this may not be plausible.

Keep the ideas coming ........

Okay, forget Ohio.  Erie is now closed there May and June anyway.  I don't think there is anything else to fish in Ohio unless you want to cross the whole state.

So we start in Indiana early May, have June, July, August and two day in September.  I think this would be the best way to spread out the series into our short season.

Since there are 5 tournaments.  I think there should be;

1) N. Indiana(Early May)
2) Up North/central/Saginaw Bay(Early June)
3) Alt. West side and Erie(July)
4) St. Clair(Aug)
5) Alt. West side and Erie(Sept. 2 day).

There will be 2 west side (Inc. Indiana), 2 east side and one neutral.  Alternating the 3rd and 5th tournaments every year will flipflop the 2 day'er from east to west side and keep things equal. 

I think you are going to need the equality to compete with existing tournament groups from the east and west and pull anglers that will fish the whole series.

OUTLAW

How about a east side and a west side, It will cut travel cost down for every one, and I feel you will get more numbers over all ie 50 boats east side and 50 boats west side that fish all of the tournaments (110), insted of just 50 boats that fish 1 division, The west side would cover randel, cold water, muskegon, grand river, and hardy dam. The east side could be erie, st clair, saginaw wixom.

squiggy

Quote from: fastgambler2100 on March 23, 2007, 06:43:33 PM
i love the idea i fished one last year on the grand river it was great just like the bfl wish they would fish at least 2 on this side of the state like grand river, muskegon lake then lake st clair detroit river maybe you could get more of these guys on this side of the state to fish all of them there is alot of good sticks on the west side but most of them dont like the idea of 3 tournaments on the east side and dont go over there        just hope the dates dont overlap with what im fishing     thanks  scott

I agree with fastgambler.  I have thought quite few times of fishing the BFL, and frankly the only reason i havent is becaause they have one on the westside and the rest on the eastside.  I live somewhat central michigan, but closer to the westside, and with the price of gas between 2.50 and 3.50, i would rather take a 1 hour and 15 minute drive verses a 2 1/2 hour drive. I also agree with OUTLAW.  There is enough water in Michigan to run 2 divisions East and West.  It would be a good way to find out which side of the state is going to produce the most boats, and at the very least, there are some people that would probably fish both divisions if they didnt overlap one another. 
I would fish this series if there are atleast 2 tournaments on the westside of the state, grand river, muskegon, white???

1javelin

I'm in for the East and West thing, maybe just flip flop the 2-day, send the East to Muskegon and the West to St. Clair.  Bet that would stir the pot a little and get some interest all the way around.  Since I live about 5 minutes from Lake Michigan on the Southwest side, even Muskegon and Hardy are 1 to 2 hours away, so fishing on the East side a few times is too much to play with.
Live to fish, Fish to live.

1javelin

Sign me up.  I'll donate some money for a good cause, as long as you guys promise to share some secrets.  I'm still new at this and need every tidbit I can get. ;)
Live to fish, Fish to live.

blakstr1

Are we any closer to hearing an anticipated schedule for the '08 season.  I know its early but just curious...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com