Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Help on Saginaw Bay

Started by thomas, March 21, 2007, 08:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomas

I'm fishing a tournament on Saginaw Bay June 2, 2007 and I've never been on that water. I fish the southeast area and know nothing about that water. I would like to make arrangements for someone to take me out on my boat, not so much to locate fish but show me where not to go and get in trouble. I can't afford a new lower end.

thomas
Jos.24:15 ....;but as for me and my house,we will serve the Lord."

smbassman

Where are you launching from?  What areas do you plan to cover. 

The most often hit areas are shown on the map.  If it is within a 5' contour on the map, it is dangerous.  If it is a rocky area and within a 5' contour, it is really dangerous.

I'll give more specific areas when you respond.

yukonjack2

Thomas - I'll be out there on june 3rd, and would also like to know where the safe areas to run are.  If anyone has some suggestions, they are greatly appreciated.

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

thomas

I believe we will be lauching from Au Gries and I thinking the shore line down to Pinconning.

thomas

dhuff

So the launch got moved to AuGres?  If so you guys got lucky.  Great place to launch.  It will probably take atleast 21-23 lbs to have a shot to win. 

smbassman

Quote from: thomas on March 22, 2007, 08:53:06 PM
I believe we will be lauching from Au Gries and I thinking the shore line down to Pinconning.

thomas

Launching in AuGres?  You may want to look a little more ENE!

If you are set on heading south out of AuGres, I'll look at my map and get back to you.

MBell

I have a marked up map in pdf format.  Send me a pm with your email and I can send it out.  Is that the FOM tournament?  Did they move it? 
-Matt

SethV

Yep, that is the FOM.  I am looking forward to it.  Never been there either, but based on my map study so far, I am THRILLED it will be out of Au Gres!! 

Seth

Anthony Adams

Hey Matt can I get a copy of YOUR Marked up Map? ...LOL

Tom .... If you get in touch with me when we get a little closer I can give you a couple of GPS locations of some bad rocks you will want to avoid.

Jack ....

I will be practicing for the ABA Tourney there on June 3rd. Your welcome to tag along for a day to get a feel ...

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

yukonjack2

sign me up - I'd really love to get out!

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

thomas

Matt,

My e-mail is tkvalead@yahoo.com  thank you very much.

thomas

Jack,

Anytime you want to hit Saginaw Bay on a weekend, I live in Westland. Looks like I could drive right by your place and pick you up.

thomas

thomas

Quote from: smbassman on March 23, 2007, 09:50:08 AM

thomas

If you are set on heading south out of AuGres, I'll look at my map and get back to you.

smbassman,

ENE, because better fishing or safer?

thomas

MBell

It's definitely not safer. 
-Matt

smbassman

Quote from: thomas on March 27, 2007, 08:52:59 PM
Quote from: smbassman on March 23, 2007, 09:50:08 AM

thomas

smbassman,

ENE, because better fishing or safer?

thomas

Better fishing.  The charity Islands are the honey holes for pig smallies on Saginaw Bay.  There are a lot of giant boulders and hazards to watch out for though.  If you have a flat sunny day, it is a great time to check things out. 

I'm sorry, I forgot to look at my map like I said I would.  I really only needed to refresh my memory on the rifle bar because I usually don't run by that one. 

The Saganing Bar has a slot you can run through that is 7' deep.  It is shown on the hot spots map.  There are very few high spots on the bar but some that could come into play when riding waves. It is best to run the slot or towards the end.
The Pinconning bar is one you want to stay off the end or at least 3/4 of the way out.  There are shoals that are anywhere from 1" deep to 3' deep depending on water levels and wind direction.