Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:34:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Ardent F700 flipping reel.

Started by Mike S., January 27, 2014, 04:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Who on here uses this reel?  What do you think of it?  Any issues with it? 

I bought one, and it showed up Saturday. I couldn't wait to get it out of the box, but I'm not sure I made the best choice. I would really like to hear from people who own or have owned this reel.  Thanks.

Crankinsmallies

I used 3 of them for a year, they are excellent flipping reels but they were to big for my hands.  The drag will never slip as it is set at 25lbs, they are simple to adjust.  If they were smaller I would still be using them. Good reels for flipping but thats all they are good for.

dartag

I bought one last year from crankinsmallies I believe.    Great reel for tight cover fishing.  Takes a while to get used to the narrow spool. But no backlashes when pitching.   I think you will like it.   

Mike S.

Does anybody feel that it is loud and rough?  Maybe it is because it's freezing cold out, but the reel doesn't feel very smooth, and it was really loud when cranking it. I don't know. I guess I will just fish with it and see.

Cy

Mike,

I have heard mixed reviews on the Ardent reels in general.  I have heard that every once in while people get a bad one.  You might send it back and just buy another one.

I would recommend you check out Lews or Abu, but that's just me.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Crankinsmallies

If it's rough send it back in and they will repair it or send you a new one if it is under 3yrs old.  If not it will be cheap to get fixed.  Their warranty is great.

Mike S.

It's brand new. I took it out of the plastic it was wrapped in in the box.