Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:26:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2014 MSU Bass Club Open LSC *June 22*

Started by MSURoss, January 28, 2014, 04:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSURoss

Hey GLB,

It's official! We are set at LSC Metro Park for June 22nd! Attached is a flier with all the details! Please spread the word! Thanks!

Ross Parsons  

Ryan

Ross,

Could you please post the flyer as a .pdf?  I'm having a hard time seeing it.

Thanks.

-Ryan

VinceR

Hey Ross, if at all possible, you might want to consider rescheduling this to Sunday. The Cash For Bass Opening Day Team Tournament is launching out of Selfridge on the same day. Not that two tournaments can't exist on St Clair, it just that CFB is growing fast and will draw just about all of the anglers interested in fishing a tournament on St Clair on opening day. Plus, they are paying out $5,000.00.

You stand a better chance of drawing more anglers by waiting a day. A lot of the guys fishing CFB on Saturday will fish both days if there's a tournament on Sunday, too.

MSURoss

Vince,
How many boats would actually fish both? That's a very expensive weekend... We already have 20 boats signed up and I would feel bad changing the date...I know CFB has big payouts but we are advertising $2500 based on 50 boats compared to CFB $5000 for 75.... Our $130 entry compared to their $200 I believe...thanks for feedback!

VinceR

You could get 10-15 more boats. As expensive as it is to fish both days, a lot of the guys that fish CFB are from the area, so travel is not an issue. What typically happens is that guys will get on to a pattern late in the day, and want try it out in a tournament situation as soon as possible. If there's a tournament the next day, they'll be right back there to give it a shot.

Plus, there will always be a few guys who come from a little farther away, and plan to make a weekend out of it. Especially opening weekend. Just make sure that you get the word out. Publicity is everything over there.

MSURoss

Vince,

I changed the date to June 22  ;D hopefully you come now  ;)

MSURoss

Flier is updated on original post. We are raffling off a F2 fulton jack and winch. Pretty high tech stuff!

MSURoss

Hey everyone we are planning on a great turnout Sunday! Contact me if you have any questions! 

YpsiBass

Sooooooooooooooooo many boats on LSC on the 22nd...

MSURoss

YpsiBass

Fishing the fins4paws tournament with Bob o on the 22nd out of selfridge.

TimH

Ross,

Do you have a count on how many boats you are expecting?  Anyone confirmed for sure?

MSURoss

Tim,

Just from friends and family etc we have around 20. I talked with Terry Melvin and he's cool with me handing out fliers at at cash for bass. I think we will be around the 40+ mark. 

TimH

Great!  Glad to hear there will be a good turn out.  See you on Sunday!

MSURoss

Rule clarification: Boats are typical 2 person teams.

WishingIwasfishing

Can I get an update on the weekend tournaments, who won and what was the wining weight(s)?

MSURoss

Only ten boats today. I know another Sunday tourney that only got 9.... 16.85 won ours. Pictures can be found at https://www.facebook.com/SnackDaddyLures

TimH

Nice job with the tournament Ross.  Well run and a lot of fun...just wished my buddy and I had a stronger showing at the scales.  Oh well, still had a good day on the water

YpsiBass

Quote from: MSURoss on June 22, 2014, 06:03:23 PM
Only ten boats today. I know another Sunday tourney that only got 9....

That must have been Fins4Paws.  We finished 8th with 5 largemouth and 10.01 lbs.  First place was won with a 20 lb. 12 oz. all smallmouth bag with a 5 lb. 13 oz. smallmouth in it winning big bass.