Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:17:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2014 Michigan College Bass Circuit Schedule

Started by MSURoss, January 27, 2014, 03:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSURoss

Hey GLB Community,

I'm very excited to announce the inaugural year of the Michigan College Bass Circuit (MCBC)! I am a co-founder of the series with one of my fishing buddies who attends WMU. Interest is picking up very fast as we have many of the states clubs already committed. Our Facebook page is getting lots of likes and shares! We are currently seeking sponsor partnership! A website will be built in the coming week!  

2014 Schedule

June 7th   Gull Lake
June 14th Kent Lake
July  19th Lake Lansing
Aug  9th   Hardy Dam Pond  
Aug  16th  Classic Lake TBD

mikesmiph

I know one sponsor that will try to be at all of them to help.

Waterfoul

Checked out the page.  Maybe include something that says which colleges are fishing the series??  How about letting us know here too.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

MSURoss

GVSU,WMU,CMU, and MSU all have several confirmed boats. Each school has 2-6 boats committed. There are several other clubs interested too.

FSUCJDoc

I'll check with the Ferris team and see if we can get some interest

Waterfoul

I don't know anyone on the U of M team anymore.  But with most of the lakes being north and west of Ann Arbor you would probably have a hard time getting them to commit.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

MSURoss

Ya they were never really committed to college FLW either...Kent and Lansing are "close"....

DAWGFishin

I will let the FSU club know and see how many teams we can get to committ to this. I think it would be awesome.

1javelin

I'm on the WMU team this year and plan on fishing all of these.  Looks like it's going to be a fun time and a growing opportunity for us here in the Mitten state to compete against other colleges without driving to the east coast.

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

MSURoss

Quote from: 1javelin on February 04, 2014, 11:29:14 PM
I'm on the WMU team this year and plan on fishing all of these.  Looks like it's going to be a fun time and a growing opportunity for us here in the Mitten state to compete against other colleges without driving to the east coast.

1jav

Very excited to have you guys in! That was why we started the circuit nobody wants to drive 15 hours to someones home water....lol

DAWGFishin

We talked about it at our meeting and we are planning on having two teams in the circuit this year. Look forward to more details.

MSURoss

thedude

1jav

wait a sec - thats not fair..... lol. RINGER!!!!
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

1javelin

Quote from: thedude on February 05, 2014, 01:10:42 PM

1jav

wait a sec - thats not fair..... lol. RINGER!!!!

I haven't really fished much in a few years Justin, probably going to be shown how it's done now. ;)

1jav

MSURoss

MCBC just picked up Snack Daddy Lures as a major sponsor. They will be giving our $300 per tourney in gift cards! They are offering people a discount code for 10% entire purchase as well (available to anyone)! Their tubes are nothing like I have ever seen or used. Very soft and tails are longer than standard tube.

MSURoss

1javelin

Good time to mention the June 7th tournament will be on Gull Lake instead of Gun if everything I seen is correct.

1jav

MSURoss

We have now changed the classic to a two day event (Aug 16 and 17). Two lakes that are on our radar are Manistee and Portage Lakes. I'm working with the Manistee County visitors bureau on a possible sponsorship. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.