Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:38:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

absolutely the worst show, Fishing University

Started by capt charlie's charters, January 15, 2014, 02:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt charlie's charters

okay so I gave up watching Charlie ingram long ago, but the latest episode  Indian River, Mullet Lake, figured it might be worth a view....NOT.   Was more an infomercial for Honda and Freedom baits, HORRIBLE back ground music and all of 8 minutes worth of pathetic fishing.  phew, now I feel better, but how do these shows stay on the air ????

bob o

fishing shows are not like they used to be anymore. they all seem to be hour long infomercials.
i refeuse to pay for the outdoor package that brighthouse sells so i guess i'm S.O.L. as far as fishing shows go anymore. oh well lots of work to do around the house anyway.

djkimmel

I haven't seen his show in a long time. But it sounds like you did not enjoy the episode? :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

capt charlie's charters

episode/show a total joke, I've caught more bass by accident that they do trying.....gee now tell me Big D had something to do with it, please no.

dartag

As a pro couch fishermen I don't think there is a show that is not an infomercial.  At least it is something to watch during our long winter months.   

Redbone

That show is a tough one to watch. But I think its just as bad Watching Bill Dance fish stocked ponds.

On the flip side of it. Major League Fishing is the best show on TV. Not to mention this year shows how good Michigans fishing is. To watch Brent Ehrler catch massive smallies left and right and to have Ike only catch 5 total pounds makes for a great show.

Waterfoul

Fishing U is nothing more than two fat guys out on the lake jawing about the people who paid for the show.  Can't stand it.  Never seen them catch a decent fish or more than a couple during an entire show.

Much prefer MLF or Bass Pros for sure.  Also like the coverage of the FLW and BASS events.  Another poor show is Lunkerville, avoid it.  Watch something on the Lifetime channel instead.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

dartag

Usually one of the fat guys owns the company.  he must be doing something right.  I think all he does is hunting and fishing shows plus fishes tournys.  While we sit at work watching it snow.....

TimH

Quote from: Waterfoul on January 16, 2014, 09:53:32 AM
Fishing U is nothing more than two fat guys out on the lake jawing about the people who paid for the show.  Can't stand it.  Never seen them catch a decent fish or more than a couple during an entire show.

Much prefer MLF or Bass Pros for sure.  Also like the coverage of the FLW and BASS events.  Another poor show is Lunkerville, avoid it.  Watch something on the Lifetime channel instead.

Watch Something on the Lifetime Channel instead...no need for such extremes. :D  Anytime I walk in the room and my wife has something from the Lifetime Channel on, I say " Nope, not happening" and then go either in the garage or watch TV in the basement.  I hate that channel.  I do agree with you that MLF and the Bass Pros are two of the better shows out there, but I don't get to see them much since I don't have the channel they are on.  I actually watch most of my fishing stuff through a computer that I have connected to my TV.  Really good shows available on-line, including "Bustin Sticks" the local one on one fishing show that BrandiRawks Production produced.  I don't know what everyone else thinks of that web show, but I thought it was well done and a very cool concept

djkimmel

Quote from: capt charlie's charters on January 15, 2014, 10:20:37 PM
episode/show a total joke, I've caught more bass by accident that they do trying.....gee now tell me Big D had something to do with it, please no.

Who do you mean by 'Big D'? Not me...? I don't think I even knew about the show until you posted your 'review' :)

Burt and Mullett are a lot more popular now. So are most of the bigger lakes up in Northern Michigan. I'm guessing it's the schools of big smallmouth bass...? :D

I haven't seen the MLF episode from Alpena. Sounds like they did pretty good?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Rangerman

I agree about the fishing shows being bad, but please guy quit talking about Fat Guys :D :D :D

Skulley

I always thought Fishing U was entertaining at best. However, if there is something better on, I watch that instead. It's not up there in my top 5 fishing shows on TV.

BD.              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Mojo

Mi outdoors is good enough for me... I always knew he was on a stocked pond..... Same as the hunters andthe guided reserves hunting the trails to the 4 pm auto feeder. 
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Got Fish??

Mich. out of doors is great. I also like those Linnder boys and, in fishermen.

dartag

How many of you guys remember Mort Neff and Howard Shelly or Jerry Chiappetta on Mi Outdoors. 

gmetime24

Mi outdoors is a good show and always has been. I dont care much for fishing u. The best in my opinion is Zonas Show. That dude is entertaining as hell and he provides some good info as well. Hook n look of course is a solid show, also like Bass pros and this years MLF

Got Fish??

I remember Mort and Jerry. I got a picture with  Mr. Chaippetta. at an out door show at the state fair coliseum.  I met Mr. Neff at a buck pole up north  with my grandfather too many years ago.

Skulley

Those were the good old days........................ 8)

BD                  ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

TimH

I really don't remember Mort Neff, Fred Trost is who I remember from when I was younger.  I do however have very clear memories, funny ones at that, whenever I hear the name Mort Neff.  My Grandfather was a big outdoorsman, but was very much an "old school" kind of guy.  He had his way of doing things, and was never one for any new technology or techniques.  He was a very quiet, soft spoken guy, but if he were out fishing and backlashed his reel, tossed a lure in a tree, or had some other issue, it was a different story, especially if someone made a joking comment about what he did.  My grandfathers response was almost always..."who the hell died and made you Mort Neff."  I still smile thinking about that comment to this day, especially whenever I hear the name Mort Neff.

fiker

I remember Mort Neff.  I hated it when Jerry C. took over.  Fred Trost wasn't all that great either.  I also remember Curt Gowdy, Phil Harris, and Bing Crosby pheasant hunting on the American Sportsman. 

Current shows that I like are Zona, Hook N Look,  Bass Pros, any of the Lindner shows, and MLF. 
Once in a while North American Fishing has a good show. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390