Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:14:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Where will you be on opening day?

Started by fiker, March 18, 2007, 07:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiker

Seems like somebody puts this up every year.  But, I've made a couple of minor adjustments.

Which lake will you be on on the opeing day of Bass Season? 
What type of structure & depth will you be looking for in that lake?
Which lure will you throw first?

I'll be on Cass with the East Side Bass Anglers. 
Depends on water temp as to location. 
Lure?  I'll probably change my mind a hundred times.  So many lures and so little time...........
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

bshaner

Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

bosshawg

possibly on whitmore lake - club tournament there on the 9th of june. as u know always a learning experiance even thou fish it in div. 57 nbaa quite regular. last year kinda stunk it up at the end there, so the work continues....
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

yukonjack2

I'll be on Cass lake with the EBC as well.  I'll be looking for those main lake drops off the sand breaks.  First cast will be a Carolina Chip custom painted Pointer.  A rattle trap will be close at hand as well.

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

1javelin

Opening day, they really have that around here???  I don't have any tournaments planned for that day :-\'  Sunday and Monday I do, but not Saturday.  Anyone know of an open entry event then in the Southwest corner?
  If no hits, I will probably be on Paw Paw just working out the kinks, probably fishing points and dropoffs in 10 ft. or so, deep rolling spinnerbaits and lipless.  First cast will probably be topwater though, maybe a secret lure!! ;)  Good luck for everyone!
Live to fish, Fish to live.

BASS FISHERMAN

i goin to be up thar to hardie pond on openin days  ;) ;) ;)
ya see NBAA well be havin thay  tourniee up thar theen  ;) ;) ;)
i fishes with thems ya see an me an me partnur well be aftur the big ones up in shallow watur spaunnin ya see  ;D ;D ;D
:o :o :o BIG WEIGHTS CUMES IN THAR  :o :o :o

:-* :-* :-* SKEETORS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

Revtro

I'll be on Cass with EBA looking for early spawners on the sand flats.  I'll have a t-rigged tube, and a creature bait tied on and a Pointer close at hand.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

BigSmallie

I will be on Saginaw Bay..............Top Bass.    ;)   Then off to Alpena Sunday to Long Lake.

BS  ;)
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

DennisB.

TCook

I will be fishing the NBAA northern at Hardy Dam on saturday and the BBT open at Muskegon on Monday. I dont know what I will be throwing or at what areas until I get to prefish.

T
FISH HARD!!!

OUTLAW

Sat- Shoreline White Lake- I will be in the White river tossin Dare Devils.
Sun- OUTLAW Grand River- I will be in the main river tossin some erie deries.
Mon BBT muskegon- I will Be at the pier driftin a spoon.

LGMOUTH

I will be Hardy opening day and I will be throwing a Jerkbait and a Erie Darter.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Skulley

Brest Bay. 

BD             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

thedude

which opening day C&R or "tourney" season? ;)

for c&r i'll probalby run to muskegon if they got the turds all cleaned up. I'll be fishing channels with 15-25' of water and wood using a purple/smoke chompers grub. I'll probably key in on some riprap shorelines also with a xrap or bandit if its sunny out.

for regular season... it looks like i might fish the kellogsville club tourney.... not sure if its on white or muskegon.... either way.. should be fun.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

1javelin

Well, looks as if I will be at Hardy Dam after all.  Never been there, so who knows what or where.  I'll be trying to win, so surely swinging for the fences. :D

LGMOUTH

Quote from: 1javelin on March 19, 2007, 12:44:56 AM
Well, looks as if I will be at Hardy Dam after all.  Never been there, so who knows what or where.  I'll be trying to win, so surely swinging for the fences. :D

Most of the big weights come off the beds, it took 19.5lbs two years ago and 21 last year to win. This is one of the best tournaments on the west side all year. There were 70+ boats last year and Im guessing there will be more this year. It should be a blast.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

1javelin

Of course it'll be won on the beds, I suck at bed fishing. :-\'  Actually I am still learning everything, so this will be a good experience.  Good luck to all that show up, and I hope we are still friends after I win!!!! ;D ;D

BASS FISHERMAN

i pulls a nice sack lass yeer by chuckin spinners bait heer an thar  ;) ;) ;)
thams brown fish lov spinners bait  ;) ;) ;)
try too keeps that in mine wheen yous out thar  ;) ;) ;)
may enin toss a dare devals out sume aswell  ;D ;D ;D

:-* :-* :-* TIDE CRAFTS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

motocross269

Burt and Mullet Pre fishing.....and then over to Long Lake....

OUTLAW

If you are going to hardy for the opener Email me and I will Give you some great spawning spots I live about 20 min from it and I am not fishing it.