Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:40:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2014 Ultimate Fishing Show Volunteer List

Started by mikesmiph, December 30, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesmiph

Late notice, I know, sorry. Set-up is Wed, from noon - 3. Anyone? I can't be there.

YpsiBass

Maaaaybe.  I'll have to check with the boss on Monday.

huston

I can be there but I'm sure I'll require instructions from someone.

mikesmiph

Dan will be there, just not me, I have to work. Message Dan, or call if you have his number. Thank you very much. The older Dan gets, the less I like him doing any heavy lifting by himself. LOL

Waterfoul

Here's hoping the weather is better by Thursday!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

No worries. I have a 4 wheel drive Suburban.......and I'm not afraid to use it! Ok, my wife has a Suburban.

YpsiBass

Quote from: mikesmiph on January 04, 2014, 02:26:14 PM
Late notice, I know, sorry. Set-up is Wed, from noon - 3. Anyone? I can't be there.

I'll be there as well.

djkimmel

1 or 2  extra persons there at setup is plenty. Please PM me if you want to help Wednesday with the time you could be there so I can coordinate when to arrive. It takes about 1 hour to setup and my time if between noon and 3pm to drive in the old Vibe full of stuff.

I might have a little more to setup this year. More than last year for sure with electricity back thanks to mikesmiph!! Still not too bad a deal to setup the booth.

We have a few extra things going on this year, but most of you just need to be able to talk about fishing to people as they walk on by during the actual show.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

The electricity is thanks to Bass Minder, not me personally. I give credit when credit is due.

djkimmel

Was trying to hurry so it's good that you clarified for me! Thanks! You should link that Bass Minder to their website.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: Hollada on December 30, 2013, 05:21:51 PM
Just curious what you need help with during the show?  Is it just manning the booth, handing out brochures, or what?

Can't remember if I got back with you between the 9 day power/Internet outage and this wonderful f/u snow storm? If you can talk to people about fishing, answer some questions, tell them about joining the free website(s) - GreatLakesBass.com at least, then you can be a BIG help!

djkimmel

Quote from: Waterfoul on January 05, 2014, 10:11:51 PM

Me too! Z is there on Thursday and it'd be nice if he makes it and lots of people come out to see him. And all the rest of the great stuff!

djkimmel

Okay - IMPORTANT: I've updated all the times to make sure they are correct. I've added in some additional slots and updated some of your schedules INCLUDING adding additional times. Please let me and/or Mikesmiph know if you need a change for some reason.

As I added in, we will be participating in a legal voter petition drive so I can use additional volunteers to 'supervise' that part and get signatures from registered voters. You do not have to deal with the petitions if you don't want to. It will be a separate activity for those willing to help to protect our sport from animal rights people and the November referendum against scientific fish and game management.

I'll be setting up the private board and adding you all to it later tonight for complete rules and volunteer exhibitor information.

We may have a larger booth to help handle to petition drive and spread out some activities we'll be doing at this show.

I don't have the budget to pay for parking. I would if I did. If you are coming more than 2 days from Thursday through Sunday for any reason, you can buy a $10 4-day parking pass ON THURSDAY ONLY if you can make it there to get it. I won't be able to buy a bunch for you though if you can get $10 to me for that before Thursday I can buy extra passes and figure out a way to get them to you. The storms have tapped out my budget between electricians, generator gas and food losses/cost.

dartag

Quote from: djkimmel on January 06, 2014, 03:05:31 PM
Quote from: Waterfoul on January 05, 2014, 10:11:51 PM

Me too! Z is there on Thursday and it'd be nice if he makes it and lots of people come out to see him. And all the rest of the great stuff!

2 people at work asked who he was and who was Gerald Swindell.   

djkimmel

djkimmel

Anyone who is on the volunteers list should also now be able to see the child board private only for identified GreatLakesBass.com show volunteers. There's more detailed information for volunteers in a post under that board.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you can't see the board (only volunteers can see the board - if you don't volunteer no secrets for you - neener neener).

The path to the volunteers board is: Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum > Bass Fishing > Ultimate Fishing Show Detroit > UFS Helpers Information

When you first enter the Ultimate Fishing Show Detroit board look for UFS Helpers Information  child board at the very top.

capt charlie's charters

greetings.....I just noticed I'm down for Saturday, but will have to pass we've been tasked to watch the grand kids out in Sterling Hgts, sorry but I will be there Friday and do you need my help on Thursday ?

capt c

djkimmel

Quote from: capt charlie's charters on January 08, 2014, 12:38:55 PM
greetings.....I just noticed I'm down for Saturday, but will have to pass we've been tasked to watch the grand kids out in Sterling Hgts, sorry but I will be there Friday and do you need my help on Thursday ?

capt c

Can you help 3 to 5 on Thursday? Or 4 to 6? If not, thanks for helping on Friday.

I took you off Saturday.

djkimmel

I'm going to need to track down some more Saturday people. We will be busy with too little help. Can anyone else volunteer?

We have 20 feet right now so we can have someone, or multiple someones running the petition signature requests too. It's pretty important to all of our goals of scientific management and more fishing opportunity. Thanks.

Mojo

Quote from: djkimmel on January 09, 2014, 01:01:04 AM
I'm going to need to track down some more Saturday people. We will be busy with too little help. Can anyone else volunteer?

We have 20 feet right now so we can have someone, or multiple someones running the petition signature requests too. It's pretty important to all of our goals of scientific management and more fishing opportunity. Thanks.

Let me know the 4 hour period you need Saturday and / or Sunday... Try to get me with Mike so Veronica and Caelyn can go climbing !
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan