Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:07:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Yamaha T1 and M props.

Started by Mike S., December 25, 2013, 07:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Who knows the difference between the Yamaha T and M props?  I have been running a 27M on my Skeeter since I bought it. The first two owners of the boat tell me they ran 29's on it, and are telling me of top speeds right near 80 mph. I have been looking on the owners galleries on BBC, and comparing the details they give of their set ups to my boat. There are several guys with the same boat. They are all claiming high 70's with a 27 T1. What makes that prop so different t from my 27M?  I just want to go as fast as my boat possibly can. I get the jollies from speed. I'm also in the market for a new prop. 

LAPORTE

Talk to 21xdc he knows props...
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

21XDC

First off.... Don't believe all the speeds posted on the net or dock talk. Many of these numbers are inflated and give false hopes to the readers...  The T1 has thicker blades, better rubber hub, and larger diameter. The 23T1 is 14 1/2 diameter, 25 and 27P are 15 1/8 diameter and the 29P is 14 3/4 diameter. Turning taller pitchs props don't mean more speed if your not spinning the motor up near the upper rpms of your motor. Actually getting a lower pitch can increase speed many times. Having the correct pitch is only part of the equation. You need to get a prop that provides the right lift for the load, hull, HP, LU design, gear ratio, jack plate setback, motor height, etc....

The T1 has much more blade area than the Pro Series "M" for the larger HP motors and bigger boats... The "M" just cant lift or transfer the HP efficiently to the water. The "M" is best used on 150-200 HP applications and boats 18-20 ft.

The 3 blade TXP is one of the faster props on a skeeter/Yamaha. http://www.turbo-props.com/products/turbo-txp-series_txp  These props will run high on the jack plate and still provide good lift.. Mark Croxton does a great job making the T1 run on a Yamaha/Skeeter too.. http://www.marksprops.com/index.html
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Waterfoul

Picking the "perfect" prop for a boat is almost impossible.  No one prop will do everything you want it to do every time out.  It's been likened to "black magic" when trying to find that one prop that does it all.  I've never, in all my years of racing and fishing, been able to find that ONE prop.  I had 3 different props for my old Baja Outlaw, and switched them around depending on conditions and such.  I have two props for my Triton but don't switch them much since the one I'm using now is a very happy medium for me and does what I need it to do most days.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

21XDC

Quote from: Mike S. on December 25, 2013, 07:48:55 PM
Who knows the difference between the Yamaha T and M props?    I just want to go as fast as my boat possibly can. I get the jollies from speed. I'm also in the market for a new prop. 

My post was based on his question...  ;D
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Waterfoul

Yup, and I know him well.   ;D  He has the need for speed!  LOL!!  All that drag racing as a younger man eh Mike??   :D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

Yeah, I just want to go fast when the big motor is running. Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I just need to "bite" the Bullet if I want to go fast!  I will definitely check into your suggestions. The only reason I am believing the speed claims is because the first 2 owners of my boat told me the exact same things about it. If it will run mid to high 70's, that's where it should be.

Mike S.

So I looked I to the TXP, and it has a smaller diameter than the T1 props do. Is this a bad thing?  I would like to assume that my boat fits in the lightweight category for that prop. It's a Skeeter ZX202c with a 12" Bob's hydraulic jackal ate and a 225 V max. Just wanna go fast.

21XDC

Skeeters have natural bow lift, as well as your lower unit has a lot of bow lift. Diameter is needed to transfer the HP to the water to a point. The TXP has enough blade area, rake and cup to lift with a tad less diameter... Too much diameter robs top end from the added drag behind the boat. The TXP's are stiff in pitch and I suggest you try a 26P TXP... BTW... I have a friend that has a 202 Skeeter/225 Vmax... It's no 80 mph boat... Mid 70's is all you should expect. What is your speed now gps? Prop,pitch,rpms? Motor height?
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Mike S.

It runs 70. I have a 27M on it right now. It only runs about 5300 rpm's. That was why I  bought the 25, to see about more rpm's. No such luck. I'm not sure about motor height. I've noticed that it runs the fastest with the jackplate  up about 2 inches.

The original owner is Slipkey, here on GLB. He told me it ran 77 easy when he had it. The second owner said 77/78 when he had it. I would be happy at 75 or so. Until I get used to that.

djkimmel

Maybe you have more weight in the boat distributed differently (and no, that isn't a personal comment... just from someone who gets bored easy and fills the boat up with lots of 'stuff')?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

21XDC

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max