Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BAM Big Money

Started by Irish21080, December 17, 2013, 10:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish21080

Anyone fish the BAM Big Money circuit last year?  How many spots did they pay at the tournaments?  TIA

PineLk 49

I believe it was 1 place for every 6 or 7 boats. Great circuit and well run. fishbam.org. Give Buddy a call. He will answer all your questions.

Dave

gr@ssmonkey

fished there week night league last year and went to there classic.....was impressed at the classic, very well run, this is a fishing league run by fisherman 8) I approve

acummins

what is enrty? saw somewhere it $500. is that right? or that for all 4 events?

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: acummins on January 01, 2014, 11:43:05 AM
what is enrty? saw somewhere it $500. is that right? or that for all 4 events?

I didn't look but i'm sure that's for the whole circuit I know they pay for the whole year up front, that really helps make the tournament run smooth come game day

acummins

K now im interested. was gona say it $500 per event payout not right. $500 for all makes more since.

LGMOUTH

Very well ran tournaments, paying up front really makes things go quick and easy at the end. The $500 entry fee is for all of the qualifying events. 
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

TCook

So I was curious and did the math on BAM's payout and the results are exactly why we started payback bass. The directors are simply taking to much of the anglers hard earned money. I understand its hard work and they should be paid for their efforts but in my opinion its way too much.

So based on a full field of 75 boats with a $500 entry fee and an $80 a team membership fee the total purse comes to $37,500 + $6,000 = 43,500

They payback $7500 for each tournament so x3 = 22,500 and $10,000 at the classic so total payback is $32,500.

$32,500 / $43,500 = 74.7% payback

$43,500 - $32,500 = $11,000 they would keep

That's probably more $ than if a team won every event could make.
FISH HARD!!!

Waterfoul

How many boats does BAM usually get?

Tim, how many boats do you normally draw?
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

TCook

Im not sure how many boats BAM draws probably alot, our first year we had 10-16. I get your point but we are trying to do something different might work might not. Regardless of that a trail keeping 25% is just not right IMO and that information needs to be put out there.
FISH HARD!!!

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Waterfoul

Still better payout than NBAA.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

TCook

Very true Mike, maybe I should not have said anything. It just bothers me when I see these kind of returns and cant help but make it known to those who might not do the math for themselves. I'm hoping Randy's circuit has a separate payout structure from BBT and probably some really good sponsors then we might finally have a great option on this side of the state. That's all I want to see, and Genie I will not be fishing BAM or BBT or any circuit that does not payback at least 90% of what we pay in. Payback Bass might not draw many boats with the high entry fee but your money will be paid back. Myself and Mike are fine with drawing 10 boats or 50 boats we have the equipment and schedule to handle more if that's what happens now. If not we are just fine with 10-20 teams. We had fun last year and the money was good for those who fished it.

FISH HARD!!!

PineLk 49

Quote from: TCook on January 08, 2014, 10:59:24 AM
Im not sure how many boats BAM draws probably alot, our first year we had 10-16. I get your point but we are trying to do something different might work might not. Regardless of that a trail keeping 25% is just not right IMO and that information needs to be put out there.

Tim Tim Tim.... I am a director for the week night series and I DO NOT MAKE A DIME." Yes" I do fish for free every week, but I also am last for take off and come in 15 minutes early to set scales up. I fish Big Money also and pay my entry and donate my time for free to run this tourney.

We had 49 boats our first year and expect a big increase from that this year. Make sure you know your facts before you smear a great series just to promote yours!!!

Dave

TCook

Then tell me where did my math go wrong? I do not want to show you only payback 75% if that's not true but according to your numbers on your site that's what it comes to.
FISH HARD!!!

Irish21080

Quote from: TCook on January 08, 2014, 12:46:40 PM
Then tell me where did my math go wrong? I do not want to show you only payback 75% if that's not true but according to your numbers on your site that's what it comes to.

I'm pretty sure it isn't exactly free to run these tourneys.....wouldn't know the exact cost but between advertising, weigh in trailer, gas to and from, plaques etc I'm sure that adds up pretty quick.

Cy

Hey Tim,

I don't have a horse in this race but I want to point out that you normally don't count membership fees in the pay back.  Membership fees are normally charged to cover cost to operate the trail.  In some cases they are paid back but in most trails they are not.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

irish08

What you are trying to do is a good idea. The problem is that you will never draw very many boats because of the driving distance. The average angler is not going to drive 5 hours to fish a one day tournament. White lake is almost a 3 hour drive and that's the closest, and that's just for Mike.

TCook

Cy, that is true but in reality it is all the same and if that membership fee covered costs then why only pay back 88% after the membership fee if that was used to cover all the costs? Why not have a $147 a team membership fee then and pay back 100%?

Irish, your also right we did not set it up to draw the maximum amount of boats that's not our goal this year. We would rather mix it up and fish better lakes that have more of an even playing field. Payback Bass tournaments are opens and the only incentive to fish atleast 3 is the teams of the year prize. In that case for the long drive to Burt & Mullett for example can be skipped if TOY was your goal.
FISH HARD!!!

PineLk 49

Quote from: TCook on January 08, 2014, 12:46:40 PM
[/quote
Sorry Tim!!! I get very protective of something I believe in. We take 10% every week for the classic fund and I think 10% for Big Money.

All membership fees are put towards the classic too. Buddy keeps around 5% for operating costs. Mailing, scales, ect... I Just looked at web site and it  is not in writing for payout
scale or percentage payback.

Help me out on how you came up with % payback or classic numbers?