Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:32:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Who's fishing the SFO this weekend???

Started by motocross269, August 15, 2012, 04:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motocross269

See you there.....I'm Going as a Co angler(You have to be in the top 3 in my club to go as a boater)....Forgot what a pain in the butt it is to switch everything over to a few rods and a small tackle bag... ;D

djkimmel

I was never any good at that! Just ask all the boaters who ever drew me or I lost the coin flip to! Besides, almost every time I pared down 'real good' I ended up regretting it. I don't think I can recall a time I brought 'too much' stuff ever regretting that. Sure, I got tired of a few of the real complainers...

I have seen a few of our members talking on facebook about getting ready for the event - St. Clair I think, right? I keep asking them to post their schedules on here or at least send me the state championship and Jr state championship info but I don't apparently remember to remind them enough.

Since you posted about it on here, I am sending all of my good luck to you! Good luck! You will probably win now! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

My crazy bad luck continued this year.....I caught a nice sack the first day, probably in the 15- 16lb area maybe a tad heavier...That would have put me solidly in the hunt...Only one problem, we checked in an hour late and we were DQd...My boater had just gotten back from the divisional on the Mississippi river and didn't reset his GPS units..I don't wear a watch anymore and didn't pull my cell phone out of my tackle bag...I don't want anyone to see me with my phone out just in case it causes an issue..I still shoulder the blame as much as my boater and am trying to look at it as a lesson learned....
The second day I went out with a boater that had struggled the day before so we just played around and tried to find new water in the river.The weather was great and we just spent the day fun fishing and cruising around.

In my Opinion the BASS State fish off this year was very well run...Probably the best one that I have attended.  The Dinner the night before and the draw went well and they had some pretty awesome raffle prizes..The weigh ins both days ran smoothly and the picnic on friday afternoon was a nice touch after a long day on the water...
Good job federation board and the rest of the guys that volunteered their time....It was a big improvement over the last SFO that I attended on LSC..

djkimmel

Boy... I've got to pull out some of my old recommendations and tips! I used to look at the new/young guys and chew them out for not having a watch. I learned the hard way too by forgetting my watch one day! It was a bad lesson I did not enjoy learning.

I had to get after a number of people over the years and as I'm getting out of tournaments I noticed a dangerous trend starting a while ago - angler counting on their phones and GPS only for time. I saw that bite several people the last few years I did much tournament fishing!

Get a watch. In fact, be a little djkimmel OCD and do like a few of my time-challenged partners - strap an extra waterproof watch to your trolling motor cable! I saw that save a few people over the years. Haven't seen anyone do it in quite a while. Sounds like it needs to make a comeback!

GPS antennae's fail. Phones run out of juice. Timex watches take a licking and keep on ticking! Two watches - even better!! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

I agree...Maybe I shouldn't call it "bad luck" more like my own stupidity.... ;)

You would think after 23 years in the Military and a watch being part of the uniform I would know better..... :-[

djkimmel