Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:18:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Calling all Fishing Addicts - Its that time

Started by Mojo, November 22, 2013, 11:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21XDC

Quote from: Mojo on December 02, 2013, 12:36:34 AM
A small boat approached us, knew all about us, by name, but they were not members. Even asked if we were gonna build a fire later like we posted. They walked their boat in, told us we were late !  They were regulars who fish there all winter. They were nice, but Sorry to say, Trolls are people not associated with this site, who will grab information, but not contribute. Nuf said.

I hate for this to be my first post here.. But I have been trying to register for a while with issues. djkimmel  has me fixed up now.. Thank you.

I know many guys on this board as Mini, BobO, MaCarter, Charlie, Dartag, etc... I was sent a link to this post and that's why I followed it. I have fished the hot pondfor many many years. Infact I'm the guy that video taped the fish kill and put it on you tube.

I take this quote kind of personal. I was one of the "Trolls" in the small plastic boat, sharing my knowledge, experience, baits with Mojo, Mike Smith, and Dartag... I am on so many different message boards, My wife will leave me if I joined one more.. LOL... This is why I never registered years ago.. Not much extra time to share. But the "troll" mentality is garbage and djkimmel has hit the nail on the head. Infact so hard that this is the main reason I did register. Just to let him know.

Looks like the wife will be leaving me now.. LOL....

BTW... We caught quite a few bass also.. Nothing over 3 lbs. All 1/2 oz blade baits jigged slow on the bottom from 3-12 ft. Water temp was 64* and clearer than normal. You could see 12-18 inchs down.

Mike Lohn
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

dartag

Looked to me like you were Flipping instead of Trolling.  ;D
Must have been the weather or moon phase.  There were 2 guys at the ramp that drove from Kalamazoo to try and fish.  They had launched there boat then pulled it out because of the ice.  They did stay around and make fun of us trying to get the boats started.   
Your plastic boats need a sticker  " My other boat is a Bullet ".   BTW what prop do you run on the little motor....

See ya

ss

For not wanting to post a report it seems like it was pretty well covered in all the posts.

21XDC

Quote from: dartag on December 04, 2013, 08:09:13 AM
Looked to me like you were Flipping instead of Trolling.  ;D
Must have been the weather or moon phase.  There were 2 guys at the ramp that drove from Kalamazoo to try and fish.  They had launched there boat then pulled it out because of the ice.  They did stay around and make fun of us trying to get the boats started.   
Your plastic boats need a sticker  " My other boat is a Bullet ".   BTW what prop do you run on the little motor....

See ya

ss

For not wanting to post a report it seems like it was pretty well covered in all the posts.

It's not the boat that catchs the fish... You cant catch them at 90 mph. LOL...

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

bob o

Welcome aboard Mike, now about that facebook account hahahahaha

LAPORTE

Say no to the facebook Mike be strong...  ;D   

Glad to see you joined, Just like the other site a good group of guys here to hang with.

LaPorte
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

bob o

haha, way too much fishing stuff on facebook many many pro "friends" and tons of local fisherman, and tourny invites to keep me busy for a whole year. got an open back seat? post it and your fishing with a buddy. lots of fishing manufactures too.

dartag

My mom won't let me Facebook.   She says there are bad people out there ;D

bob o

if you don't like what the bad people are spueing you just unfriend them easy as pie

Mojo

Quote from: 21XDC on December 04, 2013, 06:44:05 AM

...... I was sent a link to this post and that's why I followed it.

Meeting you and enjoying our conversation was the reason I came back and changed the thought from Troll to Readers....... however ......

Noticed - in your note - that someone sent you a link to follow ?? Is an example of what was stated earlier. Folks grab information, send links on topics - but aren't signed up.  So its hard to talk openly about things like winter honey holes. Probably wont discuss it
again.

I am glad you posted your first post, and hope to see more from you. If you could, id be nice to hear how the Hot Pond is doing on a semi regular basis this winter !!!! You may single handedly build up the kayak fishing forum portion here. Seeing your rig made me think twice about getting one. It's awesome !!!!
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

dartag

Think I will Un-Friend this thread.

See yall in the spring...

steve smith

YpsiBass

Everyone needs to take things down a notch.  I'm familiar with all the guys posting here and you're all reasonable people.  Doesn't matter if you're coming from BBC or GLB, I've not experienced friendship and generosity like I have with people on these boards anywhere else.  Some guys don't sign up or post because they're not the kind of people to participate in an online community, but I think the minute we start treating these sites with information exclusivity, we'll lose what's great about them.  

You guys have been talking about the hot pond for at least 2 years now.  Whenever it is when I joined it's somewhere that I've been wanting to fish.  Glad that everyone had a good, SAFE time out there. Hopefully more trips will happen, but without the hostility.  Geez.

Frank

I dont think im all that reasonable.  You know this by now Ypsi because sometimes i cant controll myself and comment on your facebook page at 5am. those are never reasonable posts, lol.

YpsiBass

They're not unreasonable comments. Amusing if nothing else.  I get a lot of WHO THE HELL IS THAT FRANK GUY lol.

djkimmel

I've had a wonderful touch of someone's cold for the past 8 days so I'm not watching real close. Sorry to see someone joined to respond to basically a personal smear... but I'm glad he joined (especially considering he had some problems signing up - if anyone reads this and has problems please take a few notes and send them to me so I can be aware of possible problems -thanks!).

And speaking of little problems and notifying me of them, I'm glad to see overall this thread was worked out - anyone who see anyone else calling people any kind of negative name or attacking the way they do things please use the report to moderator link in the post to notify me. I definitely do not support anyone calling others who are members or visitors here trolls (or meat hunters or any other negative thing just because they are different). I'm not real fond of any assumption or assertion that someone who doesn't think exactly like you is any kind of negative to this website. That kind of thinking is more negative to this community website.

I hope there won't be anymore calling other people trolls or whatever. I can't afford to have people come here and think that is the kind of community we have. Because it's not. It often takes people a while to decide to sign up, and they won't be more likely to sign up if they see a 'regular' member calling them trolls.

I prefer people sign up, but I'm not chasing away anyone because I like everyone who bothers to visit the website for information realizing that some will eventually join too when they see something that gets to them just right, or after they've decided they will be okay on the site. It's a lot more helpful and productive to post information that people are looking for, and make the occasional call to people in general to sign up and join if they're finding helpful information on here.

I'm going to be more aggressive about things that smack of 'you're not our type of people' kind of stuff. We don't all have to think alike or do things exactly the same (and only one) way to have a real good community.

I will continue to try to come up with ways to get more people to sign up and participate, and I'd appreciate any of you who do the same. I always can use help there.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

If I can figure it out, I'll put the video on here too for all you non-facebookers

LAPORTE

Quote from: mikesmiph on December 05, 2013, 05:49:05 AM
If I can figure it out, I'll put the video on here too for all you non-facebookers

thanks Mike
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

21XDC

Quote from: mikesmiph on December 05, 2013, 05:49:05 AM

I want to see it too..  ;D
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

mikesmiph

Ok, we're going to try this now. I hope this works.

(fixed it for you Mike - just use the most base link)

21XDC

Link worked.. I have gone through ice with my boats, but never that thick or quantity..  LOL.. We saw over 50 bald eagles that day.. Did you see them?
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."