Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:30:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Calling all Fishing Addicts - Its that time

Started by Mojo, November 22, 2013, 11:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt charlie's charters

I went couple of weeks ago with my buddy who had been there twice earlier and it SUCKED, so I don't know where the report came from that is was on fire.  water was down, extremely dirty, and the only bite was very very lite and slow.  biggest barely made 2lbs, I'll be interested to hear how you do. 
capt

mikesmiph

I'm taking the GoPro and the Nikon. Should be lots of pictures. I just hope their not all of us eating hot dogs, lol

dartag

I will bring my ice spud in case we need to break out.   also some sodas and chips. 

9:00 am at the Boles Harbor launch right??

mikesmiph

We're moving it up about an hour. We should be there by 10.

dartag

Got the trucked packed and ready to go. 

Please post if anything changes or someone needs anything.  I am usually up real early. 

steve smith

Mojo

Here is our safe group so far:

Meet at my house and leave around 8:45 ish. Arrive 10.  768 wording ham, Waterford, 48328.
Boaters                
Frank               Dave                Jules
Mike Smiph.      Mojo                Steve.  

Snacks so far:
Frank :    beer Gatorade
Mojo :     Wadders, Tow strap,  thermos of coffee, nip o the bottle. : )
Steve:     Sodas. Chips.
Needs:    coffee, donuts

We are on weather watch....... Daybreak 23 up to 35. Wind out of the North 2 - 5 mph. eventually West. Waves < 1 foot per NOAA  Couldn't ask for much better......

Sorry board, we won't be posting results publicly. You can PM anyone of us if you're a member if interested...
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Mojo

The most amazing, crazy, dangerous day of the year !  We got back, boats intact, with stories to tell....... If you are at Bob O s for the swap meet ( wink. Wink ) we'll tell the whole story  ;D

djkimmel

Trolls are persons who go around the Internet posting things to just start trouble. The wonderful members on GreatLakesBass.com are NOT trolls (non-members CAN'T be trolls because they CAN'T post!!!).

There's always something you can share on here about ANY fishing trip. If you think you can't you're missing the whole point of the forum...? If you have big secrets don't tell them. But you can share plenty of general information and/or just some of the fun you had out there. Maybe someone caught a catfish on a crankbait? Or maybe someone hooked into a big sheephead? Maybe one of you got on a hot bite on a hot lure?

It's not like all 2,500+ members are ever going to be able to go on the same trip somewhere together physically...

What a crappy forum it would be if everyone posted about trips or events they were going to go on and then didn't share any stories or pictures or anything on the forum ever??

The best forums are the ones where members give and take fairly evenly. It's the time of year for a bunch of us when ANY story is a good story. :)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

The best part of sharing something is you may help me convert a few more non-members (lurkers - maybe that is what you meant?) into members! That often helps make a better forum - 'the more, the merrier' principal - which is good for all of us! (except for the guy who invented the helicopter lure maybe...?? ;D )

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

That helicopter lure really works.   ;)  I've used it in the hot pond.   ;)   Caught a catfish on it.

BD.                 ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Firefighter Jeff

Hollada

Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

bob o

Hooksetter

I agree with your post 100% Dan, well said.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Mojo

Interesting thing that DID happen. A small boat approached us, knew all about us, by name, but they were not members. Even asked if we were gonna build a fire later like we posted. They walked their boat in, told us we were late !  They were regular fishermen who fish there all winter, but havent yet posted on GLB of their adventures. This kind of reminded me  of what someone who actually is posting on this topic now, who took me there once, and asked me not to tell the world about it. He was worried that folks come to the website, gather information, but dont contribute, like a motor trolling through the water. I have no problem with him, and neither should you. Sooooo everyone chill and YES Bolles is frozen over with 2 inches of ice for hundreds of yards. Don't ask how we got out, but mike Smiph has all the video on Facebook !

Mojo

Oh and what we did was borderline dumb. Conditions were perfect.  A  few helpful hints for the world, members and "readers" (maybe a Lil strong referring to them as trolls), like  disclaimers to prevent GLB from getting sued: 

Don't go out alone with one boat if you haven't been there. There are the reefs on both sides of the entrance, and especially when you leave Bolles to avoid. So go out a mile to avoid them.

The winds, water levels and waves need to be near perfect to get in. I didn't know this until the other day. Experience tells. Winds from the east more than 8-10 mph  will draw waters on that shore down. The fermi chart IS true. The water levels will rip you lower unit off.

Waves height will kill you. If waves are building, you cannot follow the shore to get out, you must go straight out a mile into them.

Days of west wind push and muddy the water. Chocolate shuts everything down.

Recommend going a FEW times with someone experienced.

How's that for being helpful.

Team houston

Can you answer this, did you catch any bass?

Frank

we did well for chocolate water.  about 15 to 20. 

Mojo

Quote from: Team houston on December 02, 2013, 08:36:57 AM
Can you answer this, did you catch any bass?

Yes - and a multi species day, the fish are very small since the mass fish kill a few years ago....... see you at the swap meet  ;)

bigjc

I sure wish I had read this post a few days ago!  How did it go?  I hear warm temps are coming.