Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

St. Clair and Detroit River

Started by dashaver63, March 06, 2007, 04:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dashaver63

Again being new to Michigan BFL's, does any of the boaters ever fish the Indian Reservation on St.Clair? I hope not, I really don't want to have to get that license if I don't have to. Also, a lot of the guy's down here are under the impression that you need a passport to fish Canadian water now. Is this right? It doesn't sound right to me, just checking.

Thanks
Doug

Langer

I was going to ask a similar question. I too am fishing in the BFL as a Co-Angler, and was wondering about Ohio Licenses. How many of you that Co-angler buy Ohio Licenses?  I figured the Canadian and Walpole licenses for standard, but was unsure on Ohio.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

Skip Johnson

well your best off to have michigan canadian ohio and wapole indian licenses but we may not be able to fish anything but michigan waters this year, we will have to see if the laws change but as it stands right now only michigan waters are permissable.
If they do open the borders back up to allow the crossing of live fish then you definitley need a michigan and canadian license most guys wont bother with wapole and ohio is a long run from st clair so most wont run that far.
passports are not required till 2008 but could speed the process up if you get checked on the water this year and time is criticle as you know.
Go Big or Go Home!

CuradoKev

It's been my experience the last 3 years in the BFL as a co, I DEFINITELY buy Canadian and Walpole (Indian Res.). You do not want to be the jerk coangler that ticks of a pro and he will have to tell you to sit down. Plus, even with you sitting down they could take his stuff. I saw too many Dork coanglers give their pro fits because they didn't buy a canadian license. Sorry but not buying Canadian really tickes me off. Mainly because I have pro friends that had to agonize over telling their co's to sit.

As far as Ohio, I don't think any BFL guys goto Ohio but some Stren guys do. Plus, ask the boater night before and you can still run down I-75 at night and get Ohio from a Walmart on Friday night if need be. When I fish Stren this summer, I'll just ask pro night before for Ohio.

Concerning passport, from all that I've read definitely for 2008. We should be okay for 2007. Also, I firmly believe FLW will work it out to let us fish in Canada. The Canadians already said they put the rule in aimed at commercial fishermen and don't want to intterupt bass tourneys. I read that on this site.

Take Care CKev

You can buy Canadian and Walpole from www.lakesidefishingshop.com, Walpole won't be available till Mid-March. They will deliver to your door in a couple weeks.
SOB Lures
www.soblures.com

Terry's Tackle
www.terrystackle.com

dashaver63

I do from experiance the Stren guy's do run to Ohio. Fished with Jim Moynah 2 years ago and he ran to my home waters off Kelly's Island. I definately will be getting a Canadian license and will get a walpole license if necessary.

motocross269

I am new also...I am going to wait until they get the VHS issue worked out before I buy the rest of my Licenses.  I would think you would need the Ohio license for the tournament out of the Detroit river, but I could be wrong.
I am going to make sure I have all of the required licenses before the tx though..I would not want to start right out with an angry boater because I didn't have what I needed...That could make for a long day.

dashaver63

If I'm not mistaken, you need the Canadian license to go along with the Walpole license to fish the reservation. Is that right?

motocross269

That is the way I understood it...
I ordered my canadien license from lakeside fishing shop...It took about a week.  You can get the Walpole license there also...I am going to wait a little while and see what pans out.

CuradoKev

Without looking at a map, Walpole has to be in Canadian water from my memory, so yes to Canadian license.

Ohio like I said for BFL, I wouldn't worry about it. Just ask pro night before and put your $40 towards Walpole. Because you'll need that.

Ckev
SOB Lures
www.soblures.com

Terry's Tackle
www.terrystackle.com

REEL_MAN

As a co-angler for the LAST 5 years  ;DI bought all the Lic's. Mich., Ohio, Canada and Walpol. And as a boater this year  ;D ;D I will do the same. I needed the Walpol only twice but you never know. There is excellent fishing on the reservation that has been somewhat ignored the past few years. If you don't have the lic. then you better not have a rod available. If you do and get stopped, the indians will make it very rough on the boater because he's ultimatly responsible.
I don't think it's easy to get a lic. after the meeting. Not sure how late the bait shop is open at 10th and Jefferson.
Don't make the boater change his plan  >:(because your not prepared.  If you draw my for the Metro tx you better have your Walpol, thats where I'm planning to go (but that is subject to change)

SethV

You will want to have all of the licences....IF we will be allowed to fish outside of Michigan waters.  I am not buying any licences until I see the law change.  If we can't fish outiside of Michigan, I am not going to give them needless licence revenue.

Seth

dashaver63

I always have all licenses required for a specific body of water, the only reason I asked about the Walpole license was because I didn't know if anyone actually fished during tournaments. Now that I know some do, I'll plan on having one just in case.

dashaver63

I have just 1 more thing to add. Lakeside is the ONLY place to get your Canadian license. Some guy's down here have used permitme.com to get one but they charged 81.05 for the Canadian seasonal license. It is an internet fee they charge.

huston

Non-resident fishing licences are also available through the mail by calling the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources at 1-800-667-1940. I purchased my canadian last year and this year from calling this number in Canada. Cost- $ 55.70.(Charge Card) It takes about 2 weeks to mail it to you. I 'm sure everyone knows that you can buy your Mi. licence online at the DNR website and print it at home and make multiple copies. You should have it lamenated afterwards.

jcox7

You can also get you can. and wapole license until I believe 11pm from the ferry in algonac just get on the ferry and buy them right from there.  This will alow you not to buy the license until you check sith your boater if that is what you want to do most boaters do not have a wapole licenseso often it is a waste of money the  only bad thing is if your boater is going to fish there it is about a two hour round trip but the odds are still small

Dan

I have bought my Canadian on the Ferry in Marine City, but don't have Walpole licenses. I have an old piece I did in 2004 on Canadian licenses on the teardropbass.com website that has all the Lakeside, Ferry, etc. info and contacts. I reread it tonight and most seems to be current. The links all update themselves.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

dashaver63

I always get my Michigan license from Cabela's, gives me an excuse to go.

Dan

I always buy my Michigan license online. If you do, you can print off (after you buy it online you can print one time only as many as you want)  as many licenses as you want. That way I have one in the boat, car, wallet, and extras in the filling cabinet. If I buy it at a retail outlet you get one.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

motocross269

very smart Dan..that will help me since I will be fishing as a non-boater, but also be pre-fishing out of my own boat..So I will put one in my tackle bag and one in my boat, wallet Etc.
Great idea..I am going to go there now

tubejig

I always buy mine on the Marine City ferry. I just park at the post office across the street and walk on the boat. I'm not sure if they sell them on the Algonac ferry?