Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Who's going to the take off in the morning??

Started by Dan, September 26, 2013, 05:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I plan on heading over to the take off in Muskegon tomorrow morning. Anybody else heading that way and want to car pool. We could meet in Coopersville. I can't stay long after the take off though. Have to be back in town to pick my son up at the airport.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Kal-Kevin

Got to work in the morning but wish I could go tomorrow  :(

Mike S.

I will be launching the pontoon boat in about an hour. Going early incase there's a mob of people at the docks. Maybe I will see you there.

Dan

I was down there early and did see a pontoon boat.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Was it 'the' pontoon boat? :) I will be there tomorrow morning.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

I was the only pontoon on the water for a majority of the day. Mine is black. If you saw it over by where they took off from, it was me. There are several pics of it on bassmaster.com.  I'm in quite a few on there.

Mcfish

Quote from: Mike S. on September 28, 2013, 04:21:57 AM
I was the only pontoon on the water for a majority of the day. Mine is black. If you saw it over by where they took off from, it was me. There are several pics of it on bassmaster.com.  I'm in quite a few on there.

I wondered if that was you, Mike.  That's cool.

TheFishinPollock

Mikeyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yer boat is famous now!!!!!!  . Yer all over basscam . Woohoooo.     

Hopefully I will run into you guys tomorrow, sunday, at the weigh in!
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Jmeis

Thinking about heading up in the morning. Had a great time at the weigh in today. Was talking to the guy next to me a couple of times and finally he had said a few things that I recognized and asked his name. It was Waterfoul. We have talked a few times on here and I offered him some info that I guess helped him a little in his classic last year. So I finally officially met 2 GLB guys this week T Cook came up and fished with me a couple days this week as well. Waterfoul did point out Mike S but it got crazy at the end and didn't get the opportunity to introduce myself.
Triton TX 21 Bass Master Classic 225 OPTI
It costs extra to be STUPID!

djkimmel

I saw more people at a distance than the ones I actually ran into and said hello. The crowds were BIG, BIG by weigh in time. I have a small number of pics of people I know in the crowd. So many people milling that it was hard to zoom in and get a clear shot. I have quite a few pics of tops and backs of heads, elbows, shoulders and other body parts.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Dan

I knew the West Side would blow out of the water. Props to the West Siders who supported the All Star Event.

tim4081

I got there both Saturday and Sunday and was impressed with the crowds.  Alot of the pros mentioned how big the crowds were.    This was my first elite event and I was really impressed with the organization and professionalism of it.  Also had the chance to talk with John Crews for a few minutes yesterday.  Seemed like a great guy and was showing us pics of the big pike he caught Saturday and the salmon he landed Sunday......said it was his first ever salmon and took a good ten minutes or so to bring in.

Then this morning my wife stops for gas in Holland and sees a wrapped boat and ends up talking to Ike for a few.....she said he also commented about the great turn out.

Really hope BASS comes back to the area in the future.

djkimmel

Everyone showing up did not hurt! Did anyone notice the local Chronicle or something like that had a cover story for Sunday showing 'Michigan's KVD' with a picture of Jon Crews...!?! ;D oh well. The coverage is always welcome even if one picture doesn't match the caption...

I'm a big Michigan bass fishing fan so I'm always looking for angles to get them back.

Kal-Kevin

Dan it was nice seeing you again and I hope you had a good time out on the water Sunday

djkimmel

I had a good time. Basstrack had Keith Combs listed as fishing the back of the no wake on White. Cliff Pace was visible and the other 3 were listed as NULL. So it took just a little while and one false chase down of Edwin Evers to get things situated that morning.

I think I was a jinx because they only caught a few bass, mostly small when I was around. So I left and came back to the weigh in site.

I have some pictures but not the time to load them up yet. I couldn't keep a good signal at the weigh in site. That may have been my Basstrack problem too? Or because I'm a redhead...

It was fun being there. Trying to figure out how to best use my time. Talking to lots and lots of people, and seeing a huge crowd get enthusiastic about competitive bass fishing!! B.A.S.S. staff and the pros said there were bigger crowds than at some of the regular Elite Series events! If I can get numbers, I will.