Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:46:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

All Star Week? Good fishing?

Started by fishhound, September 25, 2013, 01:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishhound

How is the fishing up where those guys are going to be?

thedude

given the weather this week should be awesome.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Mike S.

I went out and got to talk to Alton Jones and Kieth Combs a little bit ago. Alton said he was fishing. Kieth gave me a double thumbs down. KVD wasn't even on the water. His boat was under the cover. Saw Skeet, and we saw Hank Cherry, I believe, miss one.

skeeterman190

its going to be a fun filled weekend im sure of it, taking my family up to see it. they are gonna catch 60 pounds plus in three days im sure of.. i know where id be if i was one of them lol..paulinuk wins is where my moneys on

NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Waterfoul

From what I understand, KVD found some fish and Ike said it was "so so" yesterday.

But like thedude said, given the weather it should only get better as the week goes on. 
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

thedude

Smallies will be the x-factor. i think 15lbs a day on muskegon and 17 or 18 on white will win it. I know these guys are "the best" but

If the smallies are in the lake (not just the channel) and someone gets on them, then weights could be a lot heavier on muskegon.

60 seems pretty high, i would bet on around 50.
Palehorse Custom Rods

tim4081

The weights reset to 0 for the final four on Sunday,  I'm guessing thirty five to make the cut.  Be interested to see what happens Sunday as a front is forecasted to go through Saturday night.

dartag

Did they have practice days.   I figured someone would shoot some photos
For us east siders who have to work

Dan

They in deed had practice days. They had to be off the water today at 2:00. I plan to go to the take off tomorrow morning. It's an hours drive for me and I've had too many honey do's to get over to the practice. I have a very busy weekend and hope to get over a few times this weekend. We'll see how it goes. Will be easier for me to make the take offs, but I plan on at least one weigh-in.

http://www.bassmaster.com/blogs/2013-toyota-all-star-week-blog/water
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

thedude

looks like a lot of the popular spots are taken. can't believe no one is in the channel though.
Palehorse Custom Rods

Redbone

There is finally a boat in the channel. I was starting to think it was off limits.

djkimmel

The off limits is somewhere out near the end but I'm not sure exactly where. I've always found the channel squirrelly. Maybe they did too? Of course, many anglers find it the winning spot. What I like about Muskegon is there are about 1,000 ways and places to catch a good bass. All you have to do is figure out which 1 to 10 spots are the right ones that day...

I was thinking the top weights would be 16 to almost 18 a day on Muskegon but maybe they didn't have enough time to zero in yet?

I definitely expect the winning weight on White Lake to be over 17 pounds but the minute I start thinking I have a good idea the opposite will happen. I don't want to redhead jinx anyone too much. I guess it could be only 14. Depends upon their mental abilities since I have often hammered the quality bass on White in practice only to leave scratching my head after a tournament ever since the largemouth bass became dominant in White. I had way better tournament success in the old days when smallmouth bass were dominant in White Lake.

I think it would be pretty exciting if 1 or more of the pros finds some schooling smallmouth bass on Muskegon that have some of the better bass in them.

It could be real exciting if 1 or more of the pros gets in the zone on White Lake because then a shocking limit could be caught. The big bass are in there and with only 4 anglers fishing it's not much to ask to get 4 or 5 big bites in a day from a lake with that many quality bass in it.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

skeeterman190

14 pounds seems pretty low in my mind are they sandbagging for day 2 or is the fishing off? even so that seems low for them guys. dan the smallies are coming back in white still a largie lake but I made one trip there this year and caught a limit of smallies on each day w a 5 and a 6 to boot.. its a great lake I look for someone to smash a huge bag there
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

didn't knowthe college guys were on the grand that kid had a nice sack for the grand 15.2 and almost 10 on 3 smallies the others guys onto something.. very cool to see our side of the state get some props even though ive heard the word "tough" a lot so far watching the weigh in.. I work til midnight just seeing all this lol
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Mike S.

Muskegon is very clear right now. Temps were hovering rigbt around 62ish. Cliff Pace's big bass was a nice smallie. We got to see exactly how he caught it.

It is amazing to see how these guys fish, so fast. It's a wonder that they catch fish. Cant wait to see what today brings .

dartag

Basstrak shows Cliff Pace fishing the channel.  I think this is him.  EEEk SPiders.

djkimmel

Cliff was fishing the Muskegon channel on Saturday. I didn't go out or watch Basstrak so I don't know for how long.

Seems like our fishing is so good it was 'sold' maybe in a way that the pros expected it to be a lot easier than it has been in August and September. You look at the results and they are pretty good but the '3 and 4 pounders' weren't just 'jumping into the boat.'

These anglers are really good but I imagine just like us they don't mind an 'easy' day now and then :). It's bass tournament fishing though so you often have to work for them. I think part of the surprise might be that a lot of the weights being floated around are coming from past team tournament results not individual results generally.

Good to see the smallies coming back on White Lake. Cherry fished  an area for much of the day many of us used to hammer for smallies in the old days. I haven't been to White much lately and didn't know you could catch a 17-8 limit of smallies off any of the old spots now. That's good news! Next time I get out there, I'm checking some more of my old favorites to see if they're coming back too! I always like to mix green and brown bass up during a fishing day for some diversity.

KVD targeted smallies quite a bit but he mixed it up too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.