Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:52:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BBT Tournament Trail

Started by Cy, March 02, 2007, 12:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cy

This will be my 3rd year fishing BBT tournaments and unfortunately I have only met few other anglers and made very few friends.  I would like to figure out a way to meet some of you guys that fish BBT and be able to get to know everyone better.  We talk and share info on this site, I would just like to be able to put a face with a name in the "real" world.  Who has suggestions on how we might do that?

Personaly I am always up for grabbing a beer after tournaments but I know that isn't for everyone.

1Javelin also wanted more info on BBT and I asked him if he would move his questions over here.

Thanks,

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

1javelin

Thanks CF for opening up for me.  I'm good with beer sometimes, on the tournaments I don't have to work after.  I guess the first way to meet would be get to know who is going to be there and what they'll be there in, then you can look for them before it even starts.  My name is Herman, my partner is normally Tim, also on this site.  We ride in my Javelin, a Renegade 20, white and blue w/ gold pins, powered by a 200 Johnson.  Look forward to hearing everyone else's response, and meeting a few of you.  I guess though not related, another idea for meeting others may be side bets at tourneys, even if its 10 or 20 for big fish or something.  Just for the fun. 
  As for my question, why does there seem to be such a problem at the BBT weigh ins, how does this happen, and what exactly is the cause of it?  Never fished one before and scared to get in something that'll upset me.
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Andy

Hay guys I also fish BBT with my bud Mike (OK Tire Fishing Team ) Russ puts on a good T and there is some very good fisherman that are there, and yes the weight ins are a little long becouse he limmits bag to keep fish kill down.

Black and white with red pin Champ202 Merc 200efi Great Lakes bass stickers on the inside .

OUTLAW

Hey, I think that most of the guys fishing BBT are open to talking with anyone, all you have to do is start a conversation with them, don't start out by saying what did you get them on or were did you get em. 99% of the guys will talk to you if you say how do you like your boat, or what kind of rods do you use ect. If you need to talk to some one look me up. My name is Jason my partner Gary we will be in a Maroon and gold ranger 185, black and gold Ranger 185, or a CAMO 18' GATOR TRAX WITH A MUD BUDDY MOTOR, Thats our new toy!.
Good luck finding some one to talk to.

skeeterman190

I too also fish the BBT trail and have a good time,its a pretty well run circut. I am also like Cfruel i havent made too many friends up that way but i guess im pretty quiet and keep to myself mostly. but hey the beer thing always sounds good after a tough day on the water. i usually camp up there every weekend i need a motor home but oh well. my names phil strakowski by the way, i fish with my dad(Dave) i run a skeeter ,silver and white yamaha motor so look me up im always in for some new company.-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

rbaddis

I don't fish the trail but I do fish a few of the opens.  I think Russ and the guys do one hell of a job with the tourneys.  When you get over 100 boats weigh-ins are going to take awhile.  You just need to be patient.  I know for sure I'll be fishing the memorial day tourney and the 101.3 tourney on the Grand.  As for meeting for a few beers after a tourney count me in.  My name is Ryan and we will be fishing in a 17' sea nymph with a 115hp Evinrude.  I can't wait!

Andy

How many of you are going to the eary draw ??????

1javelin

Can't make the early draw, have to be in Arkansas for a family reunion (I'll be fishing since the boat is going too!!!).  I'll be on Ouachita, so I'll open another post for anyone who knows anything about this place, cuz my map is HUGE!!!! :o

skeeterman190

I wont be attending the draw even though id love to have number 1. its a long drive for just that. since i live here in nw indiana. but oh well -skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

10-10 Bass Busters

Hey guys I've fished the BBT for the last 2 years with my dad, I'm Scott Clarke and his name is Randy, we are in the older 18ft green nitro with the 115hp.  We are pretty new to tourney fishing and didn't know the bodies of water the trail is on.  I want to thank those who have offered some advise over the last couple of years, without it I don't know if I'd be have so much fun.  I only knew Gary and Ryan before starting in these tournys but have met alot of great people along they way.  Not sure how many of these I can fish this summer, having my first child and changing assignments in my job.  I know i'll be at the memorial, so good luck to all and hope we have a great year.

1javelin

From the sounds of it I will be seeing a few of you at the memorial.  Maybe we can all get together for that beer afterwards. ??? 8)

Cy

All the replies are great...and we have a quite a few beer drinkers as well!

BTW, I'm Cy and my fishing partner is Jon.  I run a Javelin R 19, white w/ grey and dark red pins and Johnson 150.  Look for The Grand Coney on the side.

I doubt I will be a the BBT Memorial.  I am planning on fishing a Shoreline Event on that Saturday and probably spending the rest of the weekend hangin' out at the lake.

Scott,
I have talked to you and your Dad before.  I know for sure at Cadillac year before last.  I'm sorry to hear you won't be able to fish as much this year.  You can try telling your wife what I tell mine, "I am going to be fishing every weekend any, I might as well be fishing tournaments."

Andy,
I saw your greatlakesbass sticker last year on the Grand in Streans.  I remember the Champion and the sticker.  I looked for the boat on the bank after but didn't notice it again.  I will make sure I say Hi this year.

That brings up a good point!  We should ALL throw greatlakesbass stickers on our boat somewhere, that is a good way to find each other and pick the beer stop on the way home!

Kimmel, can you hook us up???

Cy

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

djkimmel

Well, I don't have a ton of decals, but I'll have about 15 of the 14" decals at the GR show for a show special - $8 each.

They'll be hiding on a shelf somewhere in Wayne's Xtreme Bass Tackle booth. I'll be there or at the TBF of Michigan booth or wandering around looking lost or possibly at a seminar - I have 5 scheduled so far - 2 with Wayne and 3 for NBAA.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: skeeterman190 on March 02, 2007, 06:50:19 PM
I too also fish the BBT trail and have a good time,its a pretty well run circut. I am also like Cfruel i havent made too many friends up that way but i guess im pretty quiet and keep to myself mostly. but hey the beer thing always sounds good after a tough day on the water. i usually camp up there every weekend i need a motor home but oh well. my names phil strakowski by the way, i fish with my dad(Dave) i run a skeeter ,silver and white yamaha motor so look me up im always in for some new company.-skeeterman-

Well - you were outgoing enough to say hi to me at Lunker's Saturday. Good to meet you. Don't be shy in the future. I'm terrible with names and sometimes faces (fishermen all look alike ;D)

I'd of talked a few more minutes, but you were busy wheeling-and-dealing for a new fishing rod if I remember right.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BASS FISHERMAN

i fishes BBT befour an mite agin but onily thinkin bout it now  :-\' :-\'
ifin yous see me in me RANGERS BOAT juss say hi  ;) ;) ;)
i well evin shows you me spinners bait an dare devales  on me 5 fishin poles   ;) ;) ;)
muss do theese things to keep freind ships goin good,felloship so to speek   ;) ;) ;)
one things bout BBTs tournies is RUSS gives out lots of prize down to 40th spot or so weathur it be a hat or motor oil or bag of worms  ??? ???  ???
yous get to mak a day of it  ;) ;) ;)

:-* :-* :-* RANGERS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

skeeterman190

Yeah i wasnt implying that i was a shy guy just that i kinda am trying to get in the zone and keep my head focused. Lord knows im not a shy person at all. Yeah that was me getting some new rods. got a few reels too, boy the money you can spend in such a short time ;D Talked for quiet awhile with Dave and was very personable guy. Prolly see ya Up a the GR show next weekend i gotta get some more of those Extreme tubes..-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

1javelin

Maybe I am just not a socialite, but I did not say hi to anyone at Lunkers Saturday.  I didn't pay any attention to names or anything, just shopped.  Sorry Kimmel for missing you, but it's hard to get to talking with someone I have never met before.  You'd never know it because I ramble on, case in point, but it's wierd.  I will meet you soon though, maybe GR.  We'll see.

1javelin

When and where is the GR show anyways?

Cy

March 15-18 at DeVos Place in downtown GR.

More info:

http://www.showspan.com/gcs/index.html
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

skeeterman190

HEY GUYS I WAS GONNA GIVE A REPORT TO OUTLAW, SORRY BOUT MY BUDDY WORK'N THAT TOAD ON WHITE ON MEMORIAL DAY. ;D ;D  THATS ABOUT THE DUMBIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN HIM DO? I HAD  SOME TOADS ON Pentwater....BUT NOT QUIET SURE I CAN MAKE IT THERE AND BACK .19'0. SKEETER ..THE GUYS THAT WON TOOK MY FISH )THEYRE GREAT BUDS OF MINE.. I GOT A PRIME RIB DINNER OUT OF IT. ;D  HA. WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS THIS YEAR THEY THINK THY'RE  THE GREATEST NOW WE'LL   SEE. ;D I WAS HOPIN U HAD 1 MORE GOOD FISH. I HATE HELPING SOME 1 WIN...-SKEETERMAN-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com