Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:45:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Winona

Started by Huntingtonbasser, May 26, 2013, 06:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntingtonbasser

Fished Winona for a few hours on saturday. The cold front had the fish acting a little funny early. Once the sun popped out the bites seemed to pick up. We caught numerous keepers from the base of seawalls out to the corner dock posts all on wacky rigged plastics. Lost a solid 4+ when she got me wrapped around a boat lift, but that is why its fishing. Couldn't get any bites deeper than 4 FOW. Water was 64-70 depending where you were on the lake.

djkimmel

Thanks for joining and posting a fishing report!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Woo Hoo, another Hoosier  !!!!!   :)

Huntingtonbasser

Thanks for the warm welcome!

thedude

welcome! from a former Indiana native. don't you dare call me a Hoosier though.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

karol

hey you Hoosier!! greetings from nappanee, is the channel full of algae or is pretty clear?. any contact with those walleyes?

the reason i ask about the channel is because i lost a motor due to my intake getting plugged and then my motor overheated and went cablooyie!! >:(

thanks again.. Karol

Huntingtonbasser

The water was pretty clean. It had a little color due to boat traffic and wind but that's all.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: thedude on May 27, 2013, 09:44:45 PM
welcome! from a former Indiana native. don't you dare call me a Hoosier though.

I knew we had SOMETHING in common Justin !!!!!  LOLOLOLOL

Firefighter Jeff

Mishawaka here.   :)

djkimmel

Mishawaka, Nappanee and Winona...? sounds like some chapter from last of the mohicans or something?!? Must be the hoosier branch of the mohicans? I see why you moved thedude! ;D

You know... when we finally get our bass season all fixed... I'm going to see if we can give you guys 15 or 20 more lakes. With regular names - like bass, long, middle, big - short names people can spell! Maybe I will get more hoosiers to join and post fishing reports?!? :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

karol

maybe we can make "The Dude " honorary chief- let's see,
i know "chief Running nose" how's that sound? :D

anyways, we still have no season soo. na na na na. come on down anyways you badgers and we'll show you some Hoosier hospitality.

djkimmel

Whoa whoa whoa!! 'badgers?!?' We don't need no stinking b... Now see what you did?? You almost had me disparaging innocent badgers. If you're talking to thedude, myself or many, many other GreatLakesBass.com members, you are talking to Wolverines!!!!!!! Wolverines are way bigger, tougher and cooler. There are a few (misguided and confused) spartans on here too - but officially - Michiganders (or Michiganians, whatever) are Wolverines! (thank goodness we aren't 'gophers!!' yikes)

Besides! How does anyone know what 'Hoosier' hospitality is?!? NO ONE knows what a 'Hoosier' IS!?! NO ONE!?!

Wait until we have bass fishing all year. The Hoosier state will empty out Northward! Mark my words! Or... my typing!

djkimmel

I will admit, despite no closed season, you actually do have lots of bass left. I've been on some of those Northern Indiana lakes in the spring (since our #$%# season is closed) and actually caught a fair number of nice bass - even some bigguns! Since I like change and new things I hope to see more fishing reports from more Hoosiers (or people who are enjoying 'Hoosier' hospitality).

I wouldn't mind more badger or even gopher state fishing reports! More bu... I just can't say it - more Ohio fishing reports would help too!