Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:55:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Who are you picking to win the first Michigan Bassmaster Elite Series St Clair

Started by djkimmel, August 20, 2013, 01:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will win the Plano Championship Chase?

Edwin Evers
3 (12%)
Michael Iaconelli
0 (0%)
Kotaro Kiriyama
0 (0%)
Aaron Martens
1 (4%)
Brandon Palaniuk
2 (8%)
Chad Pipkens
7 (28%)
Jonathon VanDam
4 (16%)
Kevin VanDam
7 (28%)
Jason Christie
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 03:41:45 PM

djkimmel

Greg Huff over on Bassmaster.com says Balance finesse with power on St. Clair for your Bassmaster Fantasy Fishing picks. He makes a number of cases for safe bets and solid dark horse picks, but who do you really think is going to win this first ever Michigan Bassmaster Elite Series tournament on the #1 lake in the United States - Lake St. Clair!?!

Do you think I got the list right?

Who did I leave off and why should they be on the list?

Who's your secret dark horse to come out of the pack and win this thing?

Shoot, who's on your Plano Championship Chase Lake St. Clair fantasy fishing team, and why?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

raisinrat

It's going to be a good one Lake St. Clair is starting to give up more large fish finally, but at the same time Erie has been really good this year for size just not numbers. Should be a interesting tourney and  can't wait.

It been a blast chatting with all the pro's who are in the area and those that have been coming into the shop.
Justin Clark

32eml24

LipRip

djkimmel

Except some of the 'local pros' are struggling this year. I seem to be seeing bigger bass and better catches from other anglers who are just out fishing where the fish are instead of where they used to be. I imagine some of the pros will figure it out. That is what they have to be good at to keep going.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: raisinrat on August 20, 2013, 07:31:02 AM
It's going to be a good one Lake St. Clair is starting to give up more large fish finally, but at the same time Erie has been really good this year for size just not numbers. Should be a interesting tourney and  can't wait.

It been a blast chatting with all the pro's who are in the area and those that have been coming into the shop.

I bet you are having the time of your life this summer! Marriage! New house! Big name bass pros wandering in looking for hot tips and hot baits! :)

djkimmel

Quote from: 32eml24 on August 20, 2013, 11:17:56 AM
Jason christie won an open there?

Good point. He has been streaky this year so he was off my radar. I will add him to the poll to see if people think he can win two Elite Series tournaments in his 'rookie' season. I think many people are expecting Brandon Palaniuk to be the back-to-back winner?

32eml24

Im a big palaniuk fan but with the classic berth secured it is possible that he could relax too much and it could bite him. It could also go the other way where guys have so many options due to great fishing in a lot of places that they become content boating fifty fish a day and weigh too small of a bag to win each day. I think kvd and jvd will both definitely be gunning for it, as will pipkens.  They know what it will take to win here and theyre all fishing on "home water."  Also dont count out aaron martens as he is sitting in SECOND in aoy points. Im sure hed love to not add another second to his list.  Factor in the drop shot and id say that makes him am extremely strong candidate as well.  Ive never fished st. Clair so it will be very interesting to me to see spot vs. Pattern on such a widely productive fishery. Will the winner find one spot or school of fish or hit a bunch of places throughout the day? I would like to see a win on a hybridized approach of seek and destroy where power fishing is employed coupled with drop shot etc to really bear down on the right fish once theyve been located.  Also this is awesome for Michigan!

dartag

I am going with Palaniuk.  After running 120 miles each way last week the run to erie will be a cake walk.  Chad Pipkins is my 2nd pick.  I am sure he will be blazing a trail to erie.  Going to be fun watching Bass Track to see where they are. 

djkimmel

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on August 20, 2013, 06:16:06 PM
I am going with Palaniuk.  After running 120 miles each way last week the run to erie will be a cake walk.  Chad Pipkins is my 2nd pick.  I am sure he will be blazing a trail to erie.  Going to be fun watching Bass Track to see where they are. 

That will be interesting. I imagine some of them will milk big catches out of spots many of us already know and fish?

djkimmel

I talked to the MDNR today. They were out yesterday checking out fish on Lake St. Clair and saw plenty of bass on camera in places at least one angler said he wasn't catching many. The MDNR also reported plenty of well-fed, fat bass being brought into their boat during their fish checking.

I imagine that these anglers being really good at what they do, we could see of some of the 'mystery' some anglers are feeling out there 'solved' this week.