Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:08:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Zona Wants You! At Lake St. Clair this week!

Started by djkimmel, August 20, 2013, 12:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Mark Zona Wants You... To attend the Michigan Bassmaster Elite Tournament this week - Thursday, August 22 through Sunday, August 25, 2013 at the Lake St. Clair Metropark!

That's right! The ZTrain himself is asking you, his fellow GreatLakesBass.com members to please come on down! We need big numbers! If tiny Orange, Texas can rock the crowds, what can Detroit Rock City and the rest of Michigan do!?!

We have a tough, tough act to follow after the HUGE crowds in Waddington, New York! Don't know if you noticed, but their Governor announced B.A.S.S. is returning next year. If we want to see more of this in Michigan - maybe even have year-round bass fishing, come on down and show everyone how important bass fishing is to all of us!!

It doesn't get any more personal than this - here's my friend Mark Zona of ZONA's Awesome Fishing Show asking all of you personally to come on down this week, Thursday, August 22 through Sunday, August 25 to the Lake St. Clair Metropark. And then come on down again September 27 - 29 to Muskegon Lake - Heritage Park for Toyota All-Star Week! And you can thank Z for all this because he really is Michigan's bass ambassador!! Not 1, but 2, first Elite Series events back-to-back where all the BIG stuff gets decided!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYWEMsoyw-o

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Check out 9 ways to follow the St. Clair action on Bassmaster.com and see below for more details and ways to be involved in this big happening! You'll want to say, 'I was there! I saw it happen!'

2013 Plano Championship Chase on Lake St. Clair
Thursday, August 22 - Sunday, August 25
EVENT HIGHLIGHTS

LAUNCH INFORMATION
Lake St. Clair Metropark (see below)
31300 Metro Parkway
Harrison Township MI 48045

Boats Launch
Daily at 6:30 a.m. ET

WEIGH-IN INFORMATION
Lake St. Clair Metropark (see below)
31300 Metro Parkway
Harrison Township, MI 48045

Weigh-In Begins
Daily at 3:15 p.m. ET

• Live Music: The Sun Messengers (Official band of the Detroit Pistons) performs, Saturday, August 24
  • Live Music: Purdy Good performs Sunday, August 25
  • Casting competition and demos presented by Shimano
  • Visit the Berkley booth for your chance to win a new boat!
  • On the water demos featuring: Experience Mercury ProXS Demo Tour, Nitro Boats Demo Tour, Skeeter Performance Boats Demo Tour, 2013 Triton Demo Tour, Yamaha's 2013 Discover VMAX SHO Demo Tour
  • Family-friendly expo with B.A.S.S. sponsor interactive displays on Saturday and Sunday

NOTE: Activities & times are subject to change.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

YpsiBass

I've never been to anything like this nor actually been to the metropark.  Will there be enough parking? I'm thinking of heading over on Saturday.

djkimmel

Their main parking lot is huge. Parking will not be a problem. They have had 10,000+ at some events there in the past.

The first time the Bassmasters ever visited Lake St. Clair for a Top 150 we had 4,000 to 6,000 people watching at times. I hope we can beat that for this first Elite Series event.

There is a fee to get in, or they have an annual pass. I think it is $5 for a vehicle for the day. The annual pass is good at all the Huron-Clinton Metroparks - Lake Erie, Lake St. Clair and Kent Lake plus about 10 other parks.

BNL

What is the best day and time of day to attend? I was thinking Saturday, with time to hit the expo and then see most of the weigh in.

What is everyone's thoughts? Experiences?

MSURoss

djkimmel

Quote from: BNL on August 20, 2013, 05:08:57 PM
What is the best day and time of day to attend? I was thinking Saturday, with time to hit the expo and then see most of the weigh in.

What is everyone's thoughts? Experiences?

All 99 anglers fish Thursday and Friday. The top 50 only fish Saturday. The top 12 only fish Sunday.

Weigh-in starts at 3:15pm every day. If you want to see everyone weigh in and can only go one day, go Friday and get a seat or spot before 3:15pm. They probably start lining up anglers to weigh in sometime from ~2:45pm until 3:15pm.

If you can only come one day on the weekend, then maybe Saturday to see many more anglers, or just Sunday if you want to see the winner and the top finishers? The times will be the same every day but the weigh in will go faster progressively on Saturday and Sunday. Give yourself an hour or two to see the other stuff before 3:15pm weigh in time.

I'd say come two days if you can do one week day and then choose your weekend day based on whether you want to see more anglers, or the winner and top finishers, along with Angler of the Year decision and the 8 anglers who will be added to the Muskegon Lake Toyota All-Star Week tournament.

I'm planning on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'd go Thursday but I have other work to do down there all day tomorrow so I'm taking Thursday to get other work done, and to prepare as best I can for 3 busy days.

Kal-Kevin

can not afford two trip to see them fish, so I'm saving for the one on Muskegon lake

djkimmel

We can work with that. I spent today getting a sunburn so I'm going to let the red fade a little tomorrow, and then head back over Friday - Sunday. See what I can stir up.