email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elite TV Coverage  (Read 1328 times)

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Lola says " lets go fishing "
  • View Gallery
Elite TV Coverage
« on: September 01, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »

Watched the Elite St Clair or should I say Huron / Erie show.  Amazing how much water Lanes boat took on from the big boat wakes.  Pretty easy to figure out where he was fishing with the bridge and coast guard station in the background.  Wonder how crowded it has been lately.  Looked like drop shotting was the major technique used on both lakes.  Good lesson for all to change motor mount and jack plate bolts if you are running rough water a lot.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Re: Elite TV Coverage
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 06:09:57 PM »

That is a good tip about the outboard connectors! I haven't done my 'job' lately in reminding anglers who regularly boat on the Great Lakes to always be in the habit of checking major boats, particularly on the outboard. Very important and will minimize some potential bad days.

Weird... but the last time I fished way up near the top of the river I had a large boat run by and the wake it created washed over the hole side of my boat. Soaked. I figure it must be something to do with the sheer volume of water and current up there?!? It happens in other parts of that system but generally involves more boats running in different directions more often.

Also probably has something to do with how close the boats will come to you when they run (plow?) by even when they easily could have created some distance between us.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge