Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:31:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Win a Lake St. Clair Fishing Trip with Jonathon VanDam

Started by djkimmel, August 07, 2013, 01:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Win a Lake St. Clair Fishing Trip Vote for JVD

Jonathon VanDam needs your help! Vote JVD as a Fan Favorite Angler into the 2013 Toyota All-Star Week tournament, and he will take a fan and guest bass fishing on the number one lake in the United States – Lake St. Clair! The trip includes one day fishing for two with JVD, two G-Loomis rods, two Shimano reels, fishing tackle and up to two nights accommodations.

All you have to do is like Jonathon VanDam's page on Facebook, and vote once every day from August 1st until 11:59:59 PM ET on September 6, 2013. If JVD makes the Toyota All-Star Week as a Fan Favorite Angler, he will pick a winner from among all his fans on Facebook! You and your guest will just need to get to Lake St. Clair to enjoy a day of fantastic smallmouth bass fishing Lake St. Clair style!

Rods, reels, fishing tackle and accommodations are included in this contest. Plus, you could win a 2014 Toyota Truck! Read the complete article on GreatLakesBass.com Tournament News for full details.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Would love to win, but not interested in giving them all that personal information.   :(

djkimmel

You aren't already a B.A.S.S. member? If so, they already have it. If not, the worst that will happen is they call or email you asking you to join. Just make sure none of the 'can we or our friends send you stuff' boxes are checked. I do it every year. Haven't noticed additional stuff because of it. I uncheck the boxes.

I like to help my fellow angler friends live their dreams. Though I didn't get to go down that path as far as I originally thought I might - I found another path that works better for me - I know how hard and expensive it is, and what it feels like to want something as bad as they have to to make it, so I like to give whatever push I can to the nice people I know who have gone beyond. They can always use the help!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Big dreams

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on August 07, 2013, 01:30:24 AM
Would love to win, but not interested in giving them all that personal information.   :(

+1 to that.  And that means I must get a FaceBook page...

djkimmel

You don't need to have a Facebook account to vote for the anglers on Bassmaster. Having a Facebook account is only if you want to enter Jonathon VanDam's separate Lake St. Clair fishing trip and tackle contest.

If you sign up at Bassmaster.com/Vote BUT UNCHECK all 3 boxes above the submit button before pressing it they CANNOT and WILL NOT use your information for anything except contest notification. That is federal law, and B.A.S.S. (privacy policy) obeys laws like any other major company who value their reputation.

By unchecking those boxes you are legally opting out of all marketing uses of your personal information. B.A.S.S. also provides additional methods to opt out in their privacy policy - see below. The personal information they are asking for is already on many, many websites and available through many sources on the Internet. There are a large number of websites that collect and collate personal information about everyone including websites that publish every known email address. If you have used your email address or DOB anywhere online there are websites that have captured and published it, or make it available in lists for purchase. I get spam offers all the time from people/companies offering to sell me targeted lists of personal information they have collected (I delete them and/or report them to spam sites).

Being careful about what you share online is a good thing. Being worried about a major company inappropriately using already available online limited personal information doesn't protect you from anything important. If B.A.S.S. wanted to market to you without your opt-in permission they have many, many ways to get your targeted personal information already. B.A.S.S. isn't that kind of company though you may get marketed from them because you gave your personal information to a partner site previously and you did not uncheck all the boxes on that form/website.

If you are already a B.A.S.S. member, they already have this information about you. Like GreatLakesBass.com and other legitimate companies, they provide an opt-out mechanism you are free to use anytime in their privacy policy.

From B.A.S.S., LLC Privacy Policy: Privacy Options
If you prefer not to receive traditional mail or other offline promotions from this or any other B.A.S.S. LLC property or any companies not owned by B.A.S.S. LLC (other than messages related to any accounts you have with us), please contact us at online@bassmaster.com.

If you prefer not to receive e-mail marketing from this or any other B.A.S.S. LLC property or any companies not owned by B.A.S.S. LLC (other than messages related to any accounts you may have with us), please click here. B.A.S.S. LLC sites will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses.

TheFishinPollock

Ya know this wouldn't be a bad idea for me.  I have to fish against him up here in september in an open and I could check out all his secrets !!!!!!!!!! ;D
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

Yes you could! So make sure you vote!!! They both need it!

djkimmel

Update from JVD on the prizes he is giving away to the winner of his Lake St. Clair fishing trip!

• One day fishing trip for two persons with Jonathon on Lake St. Clair!
  • Two (2) G-Loomis GL2 fishing rods!
  • Two (2) Shimano Stradic reels!
  • Tackle Pack with Strike King lures/sunglasses, Trokar Hooks!
  • Swag and Apparel from my other great sponsors!
  • Two (2) $50 gift card for D&R Sports Center!
  • Up to two nights local accommodations for two!

Pretty darn great! All you have to do now is VOTE him in!! Please, please vote every day at Bassmaster.com/Vote.

Manxfishing

Ok

I'm in
But I gave BASS my old disconnected home phone number

djkimmel

You can do that. Just hope if lightning strikes and you win the Toyota Truck that they send you an email and mail you a letter! :) Thanks Manxfishing!

Pretty exciting to have both of them go into the final day in 2nd and 4th place in New York! I hope St. Clair is even better with one of them winning the whole thing! I'm okay with KVD winning that one too. :)

Dan

I've been voting every day. Can't wait for the All Star event and am getting excited about Marshaling the St. Clair event. I really enjoy the Marshaling gig dispite having had a couple of disputes come up with anglers that I had to document and after which I got hate mail despite not really being involved. They always boo the refs.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Yes. But you know that and I'm glad you don't let it stop you! Good luck and fair winds in your Marshaling this week!

Thanks for voting! I hope lots of others are doing the same!?!