Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:09:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

FOM?

Started by MBell, February 21, 2007, 05:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBell

Just trying to get a handle on what fishers of men Michigan East divison is. 

team/single, 5 fish 8 fish?
payout % at ramp?
off limits?
Average # of boats per event last year?

Thanks, Matt

BASS FISHERMAN

??? ??? bassfisherman not no  ??? ???
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

LGMOUTH

You can check it out and get most of these answers at www.fomntt.com

When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

thomas

Matt,

You would not regret fishing FOM. It is a very good tournament trail. It's still in it's infant stage, but I believe it will only get better. I believe the payback is 1 in every 5 boats. I meet nothing but class act fishermen in the Michigan East division.

thomas
Jos.24:15 ....;but as for me and my house,we will serve the Lord."

MBell

While looking around I found a website for the michigan divisions, www.mifom.com  I like the schedule but don't think I can justify the pre-tournament meeting and the off limits for a series this small.  The payouts looked good.
-Matt

dhuff

I agree.  The trail looks good like the schedule, some good lakes.  However, I also can not see the point in a meeting the night before and the entry fee being sent in for a tournament like this a week ahead of time.  You guys should have some fun this year though with that schedule. 

djkimmel

We have a number of members from here that fished FOM last year - fishon1219, Wayne Carpenter both did well last year fishing this popular team circuit.

I just got email today from TD John Carter saying things were about all set for 2007. John is also a member here and visits from time to time (bigjc).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BigSmallie

There was talk on a previous post regarding the launch site for the Saginaw Bay tournament.   It currently shows launching from Vet Park. 

Someone from this site knew the tournament director and was going to check with him to see if they could change the launch location to something located either at the mouth of the river or located on the bay itself.    Did any one check???

Thanks

BS
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

fishon1219

I spoke with John the other day and he was working on it.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

BigSmallie

Excellent.....thank you for the up date.   ;)

BS
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

thedude

FOM is a great circuit to fish. I fished the IN North div for 03 & 04 and then the first season of west. MI in 05 when i moved up here. (Then my jerk of a partner decided to start up MI East and left me hanging in 06 - thanks a lot John.. ;) )

Its a smaller circuit up here, but pretty big down south. It makes it pretty easy to qualify for the regional tournies which are always a blast and pretty decent payouts too. I would give John a call ... he's a great guy and would be more than happy to answer any of your questions.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

thomas

I was thinking that maybe if we who are going to fish FOM would be counted for, that maybe we could get some new teams interested in fishing this tournament trail. My name is Thomas and I'll be fishing this year with my son John. We have already paid for all the tournaments and are ready to fish.

thomas

thomas

To all who fished FOM last year. How about sounding off about the tournament trail. The more we can encourage to join FOM the better the competition and pay outs. We have a small division right now, so your chances of winning this division is pretty good. Which means fishing a national event. Or you could make the regionals by being in the top twenty teams.  I'm so ready for this coming season. Kevin and Mark I'm coming after you guys. They are the team to beat.
By the way, 2 of the nicest gentlemen I've ever meet.

thomas

SethV

I will be there.  I am going to be fishing all 5 with another guy who transfered up from Oklahoma at the same time as I did.  He has never fished tx, but he is a good guy so this should be fun.  Never been to Sag Bay, Cass or Belleville so this will be a learning (donating) year.   ;D

Can't wait for soft water!!!!

Seth V

thomas

Welcome aboard Seth,

Looking forward to meeting you and your partner. I hope to be on the water by next weekend. I'm getting my boat ready this week.

thomas

silverminnow

Hey guys, good to see some more interest in FOM.  It is a great tournament and a great bunch of anglers.  Thomas, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I have 45 ton of salt in my salt dome and I need the room for topsoil.  I want to fish more than you know, but I really need to use the salt.  So how about we all just pray for colder nights with a little moisture, just enough so I have to salt mind ya.  No accumulating snow is good and we can all be off and fishing come April 1.  What do you say.   Anyone that is looking to join fishers of men, please consider it.  It is a great time.  As far as the Friday meetings, a time to get to know the other guys have some food and a short message along with getting your blast off #s and being able to talk about the lake.  All of the FOM trails do this no matter what size they are, so don't let that hold you back. Just come on out have a good time and enjoy the competition.  Hope to see you there.  Remember a little moisture. hahhahahahahah.

Paul

thomas

Hey Paul,

Is that big yellow ocean liner of yours ready to go? I do believe we will have a much better turn out this year. I've been talking to John lately about having plaqes for first thru third place and big fish. My son and I are going to sponser for one of the events and I believe I have a sponser for another one as of right now. Looking forward to seeing you again. Will your church be one of our stops this year? If so, do you think we could have chicken again this year. ;D

thomas

so far looks like 3 teams

silverminnow

Yes sir, I have already talked with the Pastor and it is on the schedule.  I believe Chicken, Ham, corn, maybe mashed potaoes and gravy.  Whatever it is it will be a good spread I will make sure of that.  I will also be making my world famours macaroni salad.  I can't wait to fish and it sounds like we are going to grow in numbers this year as well. Did you get your trolling motor situation straightened out?

1javelin

Thought about fishing this circuit, talked it over with my partner, and we decided to pass it up for the BBT tourneys instead.  Maybe a bad idea, but I think I will enjoy the BBT's more.  I don't like the off-limits rule, because I can't always make it to prefish the day before, and most of these lakes are a ways from me.  Then a meeting, might as well say mandatory, because if you don't get the points from it (50) you are almost guaranteed not tom ake it to the championships.  Just seems like a bunch of little rules I don't think I would agree with much.  Maybe I'll change my mind after the season, we'll see.  Have fun and catch lots of fish guys!!
Live to fish, Fish to live.

silverminnow

Well, if you change your mind come on and fish we would love to have you.  I also understand about the prefishing, I find it hard to get the time the day before as well.  Good luck this season.