Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:46:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

MIDEWEST SPORTSMEN BASS CURCUT

Started by BASS FISHERMAN, February 06, 2007, 01:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BASS FISHERMAN

i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

canvsbk

Quote from: TCook on March 10, 2007, 12:15:34 PM
Thats what I been doing after i realized he always talks like that, I was just surprised its alowed

You guys take yourselves way too serious. Geoge Orwell would be proud of you though.
Look past what they want you to see.

squid

When you first send in your membership fee  it is $65, then for every other division you want to fish...to make the classic...just incase you didn't in the others..cost is another $35 per division.  Also cost about $150 to fish their classic.  Great times and fun guys to be with.  We have 2 divisons that fish the same nights as our Monday and Tuesday nights in our area. 

So if my math is correct, the 4 divisions that I would like to fish plus paying for the classic...would cost me only $320 a year just for memberships and classic fund?  Not to bad if ya ask me.

FLW(BFL) cost $25 a yr and $0 for Regionals and All American. 

NBAA $30 or $35 if adding your whole family per year...$0 for Classic.

CATT $55 includes family ? for Classic.

Midwest Sportsman $65 per year, $35 every other div and $150 for Classic.

BASS $15 for magazine, Fed yr dues, State?  monthly dues, $0 for Classic.  and these also have dues per each chapter.

I tried to order them in $ amounts, but not too sure on BASS fees, so they are last, nor do I know what the TBF is?  Dan?

dhuff

That seems a little outrageous.  I would like to fish some of them but I will just stick to the NBAA tourneys.

bassinman#1

Nobody seems to look at the payback at the ramp! We pay 90% at the ramp. NBAA is alot lower than that. Some people pay less membership fee, but get diddly at the ramp. Midwest payouts are the most.

BASS FISHERMAN

i has decide i not goin to fish in thems thiss yeer  ;) ;) ;)
midewest sportsmen curcut is out  :) :) :)
nbaa ,bbt an bau will be takin up all me time  ;) ;) ;)
maybee i getts with thems nex yeer maybee no  ??? ??? ???

thanks you all verrie much  :D :D :D

:-* :-* :-* RANGERS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
an verrie proud of it

squid

Quote from: bassinman#1 on March 15, 2007, 12:36:01 PM
Nobody seems to look at the payback at the ramp! We pay 90% at the ramp. NBAA is alot lower than that. Some people pay less membership fee, but get diddly at the ramp. Midwest payouts are the most.

But is that why you have to pay to go to the Classic?  Cause all the money is paid out at the Ramp? 

Even FLW stuff doesn't pay out that much in the begining...but at the championships they pay out a lot of money.

It is just a question...not trying to start up an issue...just something I would like an answer for.  I have 2 Midwest directors trying to get me and my partner to switch over....why?  Cause we have more anglers come to ours than his.  I have learned that 90% of 5 boats, doesn't pay back as much as 65%- 70%...whatever it really is..out of 18.  So for 3 yrs he has tried to get us to run a division....that is all.

I do like the 90% payback, but love not paying for a Classic or Regional.

bassinman#1

You got to remember, not everyone gets to go to the classic. So the 90% payback at the ramp is a plus for them. And the ones who gets to go to the classic, its worth it to them to pay the 150.00 to try to win a first place prize worth $50.000 dollars.

tritonman

Quote from: bassinman#1 on March 15, 2007, 03:55:35 PM
You got to remember, not everyone gets to go to the classic. So the 90% payback at the ramp is a plus for them. And the ones who gets to go to the classic, its worth it to them to pay the 150.00 to try to win a first place prize worth $50.000 dollars.

Who has made $50,000.00?? ??? ??? is this cash, or a boat plus? ???

Because the other circuits give away a boat and we dont pay to fish the classic

bassinman#1

They give away 2 boats, one for you and one for your partner. a $50,000 value. And its $75.00 each to get in the Classic.

squid

Quote from: bassinman#1 on March 15, 2007, 07:15:51 PM
They give away 2 boats, one for you and one for your partner. a $50,000 value. And its $75.00 each to get in the Classic.

ok, so it's $150 per team, and winner gets 2 boats...not bad.  So it can easily be said that with NBAA giving away 3 boats....people have a chance to win $75,000....and PAY NOTHING for the classic.  Easy choice for me to make....thanks for clearing that up for me. 

For years I have been trying to find someone to fill in all the details.  Again thank you.

Squid

BASS FISHERMAN

i nevur hurd of payin to getts in to a classis befour  ??? ??? ???
once yous quallify fur classis yur in  an yous dont pay anna mure USA $$$$$ grean back dollar  ;) ;) ;)
to eech thar own,i guess  ;D ;D ;D

:-* :-* :-* BASS TRACKER BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
an verrie proud of it

yukonjack2

Does anyone have the rules for MW sportsman - $membership, tourney fees, offlimits, ..etc.   The schedule looks good,  but I think there are a few typos on the website - diivision #9 MI east has a tourney on 8/29 07 - that is a wed, and not a sun??? should it be 8/26?    Also, the last one on 9/16 - is that lake neppesing? 

thanx
Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

bassinman#1

Give me a call and I will answer your questions. 248-887-1129

OUTLAW

All right this is out of hand. I know that I have done my share of complaining. I have figued out one thing from reading all of the post. Some one is feeding you guy's some good cool aid! Lets all be honest with our self. If you are a NBAA angler you can't find anything wrong with it, and if you fish any other tournaments you can't find anything wrong with them. I and a few outher guy's are the only ones that are being honest about how we feel the tournaments are being run. I think the problem is that most of you have not seen what outher tournaments do across the country. For example the Bass Champs tournament in texas gives a $5000.00 Skeeter bonus for a win. Why is it only $3000.00 up here (not that I care I don't have a Skeeter).

I here on this site all the time that you can't make money around here fishing, there is a reason for that. There are to many tounaments. If there were less tournaments the guy's that fish tournaments would be forced to fish the few tournaments that ther are . If you have a diferant tournament on 1 lake 3 days out of the week and 1 on the week end you are spreding the limited anglers in that area out, insted of having 5, 15 boat tournaments you could have 1, 75 boat tournament and pay back alot more money. The only people that benifit from having 70 15 boat events in a week around the state are the guy's running them.

I remember back whaen all there was to fish was federation clubs, Tri State, Red Man, US Bass, and TMTS. Those tournaments drew 100 plus boats every tournament. I remeber going to a Tri State on Muskegon and being told I was on the Waiting list to get in. There is a reason for that. It was the only tournament going on in the area at the time. Now if you fish a tournament on Muskegon there is a tourmnament on White and The Grand the same day, That all have 25 to 30 boats not to mention all the events going on on the inland lakes the same day. If there was only 1 event on the lake shore that day it may draw 100 plus boats and pay out a lot better, so when you do get a check you can cover the gas in the boat, truck, and your entry fee.

I know it cost me the same amount of money to fish a 25 boat event as it dose a 100 boat event, BUT I have a chance to win alot more CASH!

1 other thing I think having all of these choices for tournaments what it has has done to the fisherman is it has made us worse fisherman because we don't have to leave our comfort zone of were we like to fish. When Tri State was around if you wanted to make the classic you had to fish the westside, eastside, and down south in indiana. Now we can fish a tournament everyweek night or weekend and not drive 20 miles from our house. If you look at the state you can break it down in to 3 parts. The west side fisherman that fishes the Grand River to White lake. The mid State guys that fish the inland stuff, and the east side guys that only fish St Clair, Saginaw and Erie.

There is no one that Fishes from The east side to the west side and can compete becuase we have all become homers. I have even fell in to that group. I thinks the state of Tournament Bass fishing is going Down Hill in our state. And I can tell you right now we can not leave it up to the Tournament Groups NBAA, BBT, Shoreline, Mid West, BAU, or any other group to save it, We have to do it ourselves!

I know alot of you on the board say that you don't fish to make money I say Bull$*&% You don't spend the type of money that we spend to fish if you don't want to get some thing back. I know I don't need a $40,000.00 BOAT, $200.00 RODS, $150.00 REELS, AND THE OTHER THOUSANDS OF DOLLORS I SPEND TO HAVE FUN FISHING. You may tell youself and your wife that it is not about the money but I can tell you when I get a $1200.00 check at the end of the day it makes the ride home alot better. If we just wanted to go have fun we would just fish for fun and bragin rights, We would not need to pay Tournament Directors Thousads of dollors in membership fee's and 30 to 40 percent of the entrys to fish tournaments. We could all just get together at the ramp and put 20 bucks in the hat and go out and fish.

I think that is all I have to say.

an 1 mure thung ifin yu den't luke the post th@t some wone purts up doon't raed itt. If you guy's complaind to the tournament groups as much as you do about each other maybe some thing will get done to make tournament fishing better around here.

bassinman#1

With all of that being said: HEY! LETS GO FISHIN!!!!!!!!!!

Cheetam

I'm curious...How can you seriously make a statement like "there are to (sic) many tournaments" and, at the same time, come on here and promote YET ANOTHER TOURNAMENT TRAIL(Outlaw)? 
Jeff

OUTLAW

Outlaw is basicly a group of guys getting together putting money in the "hat" and fishing for 100% of that money. No one is making money at OUTLAW.

OUTLAW is for guys that want to fish for MONEY. If you want a hat or a pack of hooks don't show up!

bosshawg

boy it can get down right nasty out here..

dumb question - as i understand it, i do not have to be a member to fish the opens?? living so close to belleville i just might want to do them.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

1javelin

I have considered my words before posting them on here, as I do not want to offend anyone before I have a chance to meet them and let them form an honest opinion.  With that being said, I agree and disagree with Outlaw. 
  1st: If it is no money to the director and such, where does the $30 per man membership go?  Does that mean that I can complain a little about having to pay a membership to all of these clubs and you will let me in without a fee?
  2nd: I think too many tournaments is good and bad.  Good: the people like myself who are really focusing on learning and getting better have a chance to win when there are only a few boats, mostly average fisherman wit ha few good guys thrown in.  Bad: Only for the guys that are semi-pro and can kick almost anyone's butt on almost any water and win big amounts of money.
  I think everyone is just ready to go fishing, and I agree.  I'll see some of you on the water and we will go from there.

IMHO
Live to fish, Fish to live.