Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:58:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Burt Lake Suggestions

Started by bass afishinado, June 06, 2013, 08:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bass afishinado

Hi - I am going up with a group of guys next weekend - we were thinking of hitting Burt Lake for 1 day.  Any suggestions of depth, structure, we should be looking for at this time of year?  Any help would be much appreciated!  Thanks! 

t-bone

Everyone was fishing spawning fish the last couple weeks. Might still have some waves coming up or they'll be in the post spawn funk...
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

They are still coming up and will be probably in decent numbers for 1 to 2 more weeks. There are stragglers that come up for a while after that. So expect to find bass from 3 to 20 feet near rocky spawning areas for a while yet. The mayflies should start hatching soon too - only a few are starting to hatch right now - and that could create a decent morning topwater bite near softer bottom areas if they hatch in good numbers together.

Burt is a weird lake for me but if you hit it on a positive weather swing you could have a fantastic trip from quite a few places around the lake! Rock edges are always a good place to start on Burt. Points can be better in the morning if the mayflies are hatching.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

Dans right, if the Mayflies are hatching look for any surface boils. If you see any throw topwater. If nothing else is working throw a jerkbait.

Genie

Llllllllooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg casts ....
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

bigjc

Quote from: Genie on June 06, 2013, 02:53:23 PM
Llllllllooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg casts ....
I guess so, as you can see bottom in 15 foot or better!

Mojo

find boulders and rocks in 5-8 fow and snap  that jerk bait. North east most part of the lake bay.

Find the flat on the east side about 2000 yds north of the indian river outlet. run it north on the drop (from 3 down to 7 fow) one casts the jerk bait deeper while the other throws it shallow.

Bed fish in 3 fow. look for em. They'll  be replenished now.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

bass afishinado

Thanks for the suggestions!  I appreciate it.  I'll post some pics and a report if we have some success.   :) 

djkimmel

They bed in a lot broader depth range than 3 feet on most of the lakes up North. You can find beds out past as deep as you can see and sometime ridiculously shallow too in some cases. Lots of bedding to go yet. Don't forget, maybe only 1/3 of the bass bed per year so the other 2/3 are up to something...?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

FOB

Skip Burt and put in at Aloha on Mullett.  Take a right, start casting, and hang on.  Should be full bore when you arrive.
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

Mojo

Yup, my last 3 fish came in 5-8 fow there. 13 lb in 1 hour on jerk bait!
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

You can take a left too and point hop. You can also run across the lake and point hop. Though, there are probably more real big bass in Burt for some reason. Me and Burt don't get along in tournaments but we are okay otherwise. Me and Mullett get along a lot better a lot more often. I wonder if Mullett is somehow related to redheads...?!?

motocross269

Quote from: FOB on June 08, 2013, 01:46:59 PM
Skip Burt and put in at Aloha on Mullett.  Take a right, start casting, and hang on.  Should be full bore when you arrive.

I had a 2 man tournament limit of almost 38lbs(Me and a Co) from right where Ralph is talking....Beds in 9 feet of water...If it wasn't raining so we could see the beds we would have done better...