Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:06:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Favorite Lake

Started by fishstick, January 31, 2007, 10:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy_bass

LGMOUTH ,

Just wondering if there is a week night circut in the Mecosta county area? Or even a weekend club. I just bought an 18' stratos and would love to join in on the fun.

Billy Bass
It's not Luck.......It's where preperation meets opportunity

fishstick

bosshawg, woodland should be fun in division 57 this year it is a fun lake see you there! 

Dan, torture haha  ;D I think I'm gonna come up with a way to hibernate until spring!

rufus

Well, before the BFL on Burt/Mullett last year I would have said the Elk/Torch chain. I realize I have only spent 5 days on Burt/Mullett and many a day on Elk and Torch, but I have been dreaming of going back since the day my wife made me come home after the tournament. I have never seen so many TOADS in my life as I did that week. There aren't too many places in extreme northern Michigan that I have been to that I didn't fall instantly in love with.

LGMOUTH

Quote from: billy_bass on January 31, 2007, 10:54:49 PM
LGMOUTH ,

Just wondering if there is a week night circut in the Mecosta county area? Or even a weekend club. I just bought an 18' stratos and would love to join in on the fun.

Billy Bass

I dont know for sure but I think there is a weekend curcuit that goes there. I would go there on thursdays but we draw some guys from grand rapids and thats just a little to far. We are fishing townline on a few thursdays hope to see you there..
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

bshaner

Cass is my all time favorite lake only because I have only fished St. Clair once and that was back in the era of Poorboy's Guide Service, LLC where their motto is you wear it we'll soak it.

I have a feeling Clair is going to move to the top of the list this season.

B

Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Eric

Billy, there is a Tuesday night club that fishes different lakes throughout the area.  always open to new members, and I may even be in need of a partner this year.  Mecosta is usually a great lake as are most of the lakes around the area.  Get in touch with me and we'll go fishin.

LG, I talked to Gambler the other night, and we shared the concern of you guys not getting any Skeeter money if I come and win all of the toutnaments.  So, maybe it's best if I don't fish.  Otherwise, I think I'd like to.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

McCarter

My answer is obvious.  Kent lake in Milford/Brighton.  Close to home and loaded with bass!  I also love LSC as well.  But the past year was a little tricky with my boat in the condition it WAS in.  Its better now, but sure enough, as soon as my boat problems were solved, my engine blew!  I am ready to put those oar hooks or whatever they are called on the gunnels and just get some long oars.

Quote from: bshaner on February 01, 2007, 07:58:45 AM
Cass is my all time favorite lake only because I have only fished St. Clair once and that was back in the era of Poorboy's Guide Service, LLC where their motto is you wear it we'll soak it.

I have a feeling Clair is going to move to the top of the list this season.

B

You've got your nerve.  We still went out there and crushed some fish.  And it was raining anyway, we were already wet!

;D

McCarter himself :-\'

bshaner

I dont recall seeing a cloud in the sky  :P :o

That day sold me on Clair though.  I just cant quit thinking about fishing Clair.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

MaizeNBlue

Kent because it's close. LSC when I have the time and the $ to get out there.

Bassman24

There are so many good lakes in this state.  Every year I try to pick a body of water I have not fished before.  This year I will be on Houghton for the NBAA classic. that will be a first and I would like to try Secord up that way. 

Around home, hands down it is St. Clair.  Even on a bad day going for bass you might get a 40" muskie to smack a spinnerbait, a sturgeon out in the river, or walleye on the mile roads.  Just a blast.

Inland is tough.  I love Stony Creek in the spring.  There are just toads out there. 

honorables: Cass, Big Lake, Kent

George Terrien

Champion Boats - www.championboats.com

OPTIMA Batteries - www.optimabatteries.com.

NBAA Motor City Inland Challenge - www.nbaabass.com

Highest Honor - www.highesthonor.biz

K&E Team Stopper - www.stopperlures.com

spinninbug

My favorite hands down.. Hamlin.  Just a great all around lake. 

Hardy and Tippy Dams are probably my second favorites. 

If I had to pick a lake down south I guess I would pick Coldwater.  Whenever I have fished this lake I have had so much fun.  Of course I had a great partner and teacher.

Way up north would be Elk and Torch.  With Crystal Lake a close second.

To many to pick from.... :)
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

billy_bass

Quote from: Eric on February 01, 2007, 10:06:43 AM
Billy, there is a Tuesday night club that fishes different lakes throughout the area.  always open to new members, and I may even be in need of a partner this year.  Mecosta is usually a great lake as are most of the lakes around the area.  Get in touch with me and we'll go fishin.

LG, I talked to Gambler the other night, and we shared the concern of you guys not getting any Skeeter money if I come and win all of the toutnaments.  So, maybe it's best if I don't fish.  Otherwise, I think I'd like to.

Actually, I did fish a tuesday night fun tournament with a co-worker. It was on a small lake (todd lake - I think). I fished it with a guy with the last name Mieras. Maybe it was the same one.

Billy
It's not Luck.......It's where preperation meets opportunity

huston

Boy,  you guys fish all over the state. Since I'm here in Oakland County, I'm going to make it a habit of trying more lakes like Lower Pettibone, Woodland, Thompson, I hate Kent,( never catch anything),White,Lotus/Maceday, Oakland/Woodhull. The New Hotmap (Navionics E-3) has The Pinckney Chain on it finally, so I'm going to try it. I fish mostly LSC, The Detroit River and Downriver before the Mouth into Lake Erie. After work I want to do a couple hours somewhere close. Since I work in Detroit on the East side, I drag the boat to work and leave from there. I'll either launch at Harley Ensign or Blossom heath in Grosse Point. 

Jason Ammerman

Man you guys need to get out of this state! Try thses lakes Mighty SAM RAYBURN caught a 9.3 ona c rig, Kenn, barkley, Choke Canyon TX. Them lakes got some HOGS in em. Oh by the way I am heading to Choke for 2 weeks this month, I will miss all this snow. NOT.

macbass

billy bass get in touch with me this summer and we can tour the mecosta areai usually fish martiny mecosta chippewa crooked stevenson jensen horsehead and coldwater plus a few others up there every summer.

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

DennisB.

Belleville

cook and foot dam get a mention

Revtro

St. Clair.  It has it's tough times (as I mentioned in another post), but for the most part, I never go home without catching some good Smallmouth.  It's perhaps the easiest place to catch numbers of fish I have ever been. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Ryan

My favorite lake to fish would definetly have to be Portage Lake in Onekama.  Portage is a great lake for size and quantity of both largemouths and smallmouths, and has a variety of different structure to fish.  Too bad it is about 3 hours from my house, but I still manage to make it up there about 12 days a year. 

Close runner-ups: Lake Lancer in Sugar Springs and Arnold Lake in Harrison.  Lancer can be a big largemouth factory and Arnold is just a fun little lake to fish. 

Lakes closer to my house that I like are: Morrison, Chemung, and Lake Lansing is actually starting to grow move up the list.

-Ryan

MBell

Quote from: Ryan on February 02, 2007, 03:55:19 PM
My favorite lake to fish would definetly have to be Portage Lake in Onekama.  Portage is a great lake for size and quantity of both largemouths and smallmouths, and has a variety of different structure to fish.  Too bad it is about 3 hours from my house, but I still manage to make it up there about 12 days a year. 

Ever see the largemouth that hangs around portage point inn's dock?  That thing is huge!!
-Matt

bosshawg

Quote from: fishstick on January 31, 2007, 11:03:22 PM
bosshawg, woodland should be fun in division 57 this year it is a fun lake see you there! 

Dan, torture haha  ;D I think I'm gonna come up with a way to hibernate until spring!

looking forward to it........
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters