Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:39:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Favorite Lake

Started by fishstick, January 31, 2007, 10:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishstick

Whats everyones favorite lake or lakes? because I know its hard to narrow it down to just one!

Mine would have to be the Portage Chain in Pinckney its close about a 15 min drive for me and theres a whole bunch of different lakes on it. Its got deep stuff shallow stuff and current since the huron river runs through it. Its got big largemouths, big smallmouths and the scenery can be ok at times to ;). You can catch fish any way you want to out there and they are almost always biting!!! my favorite time out there is real late in the fall its just to bad they close the ramp up and drop the water...

some of my other favorites...HALFMOON!!!,Thompson, Whitmore, Wamplers

;D

Genie

Muskeon Lake hands down!

Others:  Green/Duck/Long/Little Traverse/Big Platte - all within a half hour or so from Traverse City.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Grandbass

Webber Dam impoundment ;D

Honorable mention: Tamarack in Lakeview....

LGMOUTH

Quote from: Berkley on January 31, 2007, 10:44:07 AM

Honorable mention: Tamarack in Lakeview....

Not to change the subject but how is Tamarack lake, I was thinking about putting it on my schedule but have never fished it and dont know if it would be worth fishing?

Now back to the subject,
Im with Genie, Muskegon lake and White lake, You can catch alot of fish over there...
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Grandbass

Small boat launch...Not alot of deep water.. Lots of shallow flats..  I would say a 10-15 boat tournament max. I did hear they fixed up the boat launch last year. It was horrible launching there between the shallow water and weeds but its a big bass factory...

LGMOUTH

Thanks, we will have to look at it for next year for our one on ones. We draw to many boats in our weeknight to go there.

Now back to our regular scheduled post. :D

When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

BASS FISHERMAN

i go up thar wheen i fisks spiltshot bassin club an kick they butts good!!this is no brag butt juss fact  ;) ;) ;) not all tournie i kick butt thar but verrie offin i do  ;) ;) ;) tamrack lakes up thar in Lakeveiws producw verrie good bass outof grean weeds!!lots of dyin weeds out thar at curtian times of the yeer aftur the SHEMPS on the shore thats live thar place liquid poison in the water to kills thems  ??? ??? ??? never ben to impresed with lake shore SHEMPS

ps thay is lots of black muck an slime neer boat lawanch !! verrie nasty on yur  boat traylor

:-* :-* :-* RANGER BOATS RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

kgr624

My favorite lake to fish is also Muskegon and White Lake. If you get lucky you may run into some BASS anglers up there like I did a couple years ago and they said these lakes fish a lot like lakes in the south. I love the fact that they are fairly big and have lots of potential everywhere. Some of my honorable mentions are Hamlin, Spring lake/Grand River, and maple lake in Paw Paw.

Good Posting. Excited already
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

gr@ssmonkey

saginaw river(cause i couldn't find them in the bay) i fished the state federation there last year and it got locked to the river(bad weather) and had a great time,lots of smallies and largemouth,not many bigger then 3 lbs but they all fight like 4 lbs.........found myself sneaking back over there 3-4 times last year (and it's a 45 min drive for me) and sacked them everytime,not to mention i was the only boat on the river everytime!!!!!........what a difference when you get somewhere the fish haven't seen many lures :-X :-X :-X

six lakes north of ionia/white lake :- ;D ;D ;D

Cy

I wish I had an all time favorite lake.  I like White Lake and I am growing very fond of the Grand River.  I think it is coming back and it going to be a great fishery again.

I had a great day on Mona Lake last year so I need to give it an honorable mention.

I also have to mention the Kalamazoo River.  If any of you want to catch small mouth like it was your job, head down to the Kzoo River.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Hooksetter

Hard to pick one lake. Portage Chain, Half Moon Chain, St Clair, Thompson, Secord, Lancer, Wixom, etc. So many lakes so little time.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

MBell

Saginaw bay, endless water little pressure.  Doesn't have the numbers  of fish like St. Clair but it does have some monsters..
-Matt

motocross269

Long Lake (North of Alpena)..It would take over 20lbs to win a tournament up there and there are very few boats and recreational traffic..White lake to the west...East side I would have to say Saginaw bay/River...and the St Clair river.

Eric

They did indeed put a new ramp in a Tamarack.  Good lake, too.  Additionally, Townline, Mecosta, Hardy, Six Lakes, Rainbow, Pine River, Isabella.  Hard to go wrong in this neighborhood actually.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

billy_bass

Quote from: Eric on January 31, 2007, 07:22:11 PM
They did indeed put a new ramp in a Tamarack.  Good lake, too.  Additionally, Townline, Mecosta, Hardy, Six Lakes, Rainbow, Pine River, Isabella.  Hard to go wrong in this neighborhood actually.

Hey Eric, I recently move to Big Rapids from Alpena and I was wondering about some of those lakes you mentioned. I have fished townline and had a blast throwing horny toads. Just curious how mecosta and the others were.

Billy Bass
It's not Luck.......It's where preperation meets opportunity

LGMOUTH

Hey Eric are you coming out and play this year on thursday we would like to have some more competition.

[/quote]

Hey Eric, I recently move to Big Rapids from Alpena and I was wondering about some of those lakes you mentioned. I have fished townline and had a blast throwing horny toads. Just curious how mecosta and the others were.

Billy Bass
[/quote]

Townline is a fantastic lake love going there. Mecosta is also a great lake to fish alot of big large and smallmouth....

bosshawg

woodland lake - never get skunked out there. don't see alot of hawgs out of there, but just for numbers a great lake. but be very quiet, don't want all to know.......
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

Lake Ovid.

for sure... well, maybe Mullett Lake...?

spring and fall for sure. Yeah.

Although... when I go fun fishing or practicing on Saginaw Bay, I usually seem to find the dumbest big bass anywhere??

But Lake St. Clair...? Just about anytime... (shoot, I forgot about Lower Crooked...)

This thread is someone's idea of torture, isn't it?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: bosshawg on January 31, 2007, 10:00:09 PM
woodland lake - never get skunked out there. don't see alot of hawgs out of there, but just for numbers a great lake. but be very quiet, don't want all to know.......

Do they still drive their ski and tuna boats around and around that little island out there?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bosshawg

i know the ski course is out that way, but usually not a problem. they're out there pretty darn early tho.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters