Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:51:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Go to bait for a tough bite

Started by Savage, January 17, 2006, 03:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When it's one the line and the bite has been tough all day, what is your go-to bait to top off the limit?

Senko
11 (39.3%)
Grub
4 (14.3%)
Tube
5 (17.9%)
jig & worm
2 (7.1%)
Dropshot
1 (3.6%)
Other
5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Savage

Let us know what your go-to bait is, be as specific as you like.

If you choose other, please tell what and why!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Bulletproof

I'd say a weightless tube or senko, finessin.  unless im fishing deep water.  then id carolina the same thing and take it slowww.  if that doesnt work im burning a crank or twitching a jerkbait.
I am haunted by waters.

Revtro

Weightless Senko or Tiki Stick.  On the toughest days I had last season, the Senko usually got me at least a few bites.  Weightless seems to be most effective for me fished texas hooked.  I haven't had too much success fishing it wacky style.  Not sure why.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Cheetam

Jig and Worm.  1/4 ounce or lighter "shaky" style jig head (or ball head in a pinch) with a 4 inch yamamoto cut tail is deadly...
Jeff

Hooksetter

4" Senko in smoke pearl blue or black w/blue flake Texas rigged weightless on a 2/0 Eagle Claw Lazer Sharp hook with the baitkeeper. It also works great for skippin' docks and pontoons.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Savage

Hooksetter-  It's scary how close we are in bait selection, those are the only two senko colors I buy and throw, rigged the same way, right down to hook selection. :o
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

Largemouth (inland especially) probably a light weight green pumpkin finesse worm Texas-rigged on 8 or 10 pound test.

Smallies - a brown homemade hair jig (inland especially) or a small tube on a light head (Emerald Shiner hologram or greens/browns) or a 4" Xtreme Bass Tackle tube in one of my favorite colors (depends on season and location) with a heavier head so I get a fast fall and a reaction bite.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fishon1219

Strikeking 1/2 ounce spinner bait in white/chartruse with one silver and one gold willow leaf blade. Find some isolated weed clumps and burn it over them. Always good for one or to the last hour of the tournament, of course I always fill my limit by 7:00 am with a green pumpkin zoom finesse worm. What's that noise?? Oh its my alarm clock.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

McCarter

Rattle Traps have taken over for my go to bait in the last 2 years.  I used to throw spinnerbaits when i was having a tough time but i switched to traps and seem to have better luck with them.

If they wont bite and you have to make them bite, the trap is tough to beat.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

joshimoto son

I read the discription on the poll, Poorboy says to vote on the bait to top off the limit.

For me, the bait in question would be the one to get me something just to show up to the scales with.

I didn't get the name "Uni-Basser" for nothing. that was almost my username.

For that consistant... I'll always weight in one fish bait, I use a twin tail grub on one of my own weedless jig
heads. Watermelon red flake or Cinnimon.

Grandbass

Black Zoom finesse worm 1/8 tunsten wieght on a 1/0 hook. Fished so slow that its funnier watch paint dry.... 

dhuff

If I told you I would have to kill you..................................

fishon1219

Dhuff
Please, call my mother in law and tell her!!!
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

chase5004

You fellas will probably laugh, but throwing a medium diving crank, 4-8ft., (shad or craw colored). I fish it fairly fast with a steady retrieve. I can do this all day, and it has paid off in some tough times for me.

I have had a lot of success with a Capt. Micks crank. You gotta change the hooks, that is a must with these baits.

Pat

dhuff

Skulley

Berkley 4 inch finesse worm black with chartruese tail (which they don't make anymore) or a 4 inch berkley finesse worm in blue fleck both on a 1/8 ounce charlie brewer spider jig hook. 
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Savage

I guess I might as well give mine up, it's a grub of all things. :P  When the bite gets miserable, I whip out my trusty Yum wooly hawgtail in green pumpkin and get busy.  The thing catches smallies and largemouth both, and will get the big ones more than you think.  Swim it or hop it.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

Quote from: emeryj on January 18, 2006, 10:14:57 AM

Didn't you weigh in 1 bass at the DK open? I think I remember hearing the scream of triumph...

I was thinking if you had used 'Uni-basser' we could get some more members from the FBI... :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

joshimoto son

Quote from: djkimmel on January 18, 2006, 10:23:34 PM
Quote from: emeryj on January 18, 2006, 10:14:57 AM

Didn't you weigh in 1 bass at the DK open? I think I remember hearing the scream of triumph...

I was thinking if you had used 'Uni-basser' we could get some more members from the FBI... :D

Yep, I sure did Dan, it was an unexpected surprise, hence the name uni-basser.

I now just have to take that name and expand on it... which would be to convert
the 1 bass weigh in consitancy to the 1 limit consitancy.

djkimmel

Now you're screaming... er, talking!