Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:12:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

$80----$100---$120 whats your poison??????????

Started by gr@ssmonkey, January 29, 2007, 10:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr@ssmonkey

what entry fee would you like to fish for on a weekend team tourney :o :o
what entry fee would you like to fish for on a singles tourney :o :o

canvsbk

You obviously have a plan....where do you plan to hold these events?
Look past what they want you to see.

gr@ssmonkey

were thinking west side of michigan hardy/muskegon/white/grand river

BASS FISHERMAN

BRIAN  why you not juss post the goin entree fee price???
i no you has ben thinkin bout this sume ;D ;D ;D
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: BASS FISHERMAN on January 29, 2007, 11:11:28 PM
BRIAN  why you not juss post the goin entree fee price???
i no you has ben thinkin bout this sume ;D ;D ;D
just seeing what everyone would like to fish for or can afford,i know what i want to fish for (the up scale of that $120)i think that makes the payout of 50 or less boats work real well,somebody was wispering to keep the entry under 100 draw more boats but i say more boats less money same payout more hassle's  cupeesh  ;) ;)oh and hay bassfisherman did you ever fish the old dare tourneys out of ionia

Cy

I think most everyone is accustom to paying around $100 for team tournaments.  It just seems to be the going rate and you are splitting the cost and the prize money with your partner.  I would think that an entry fee around $50 or $60 would be reasonable for a single tourney.  No doubt, the more you pay the more you win but if you don't cash a check it needs to feel like a reasonable donation.  ;)

I know you guys have your lakes in mind already but depending on size of the field you might think about Croton Pond.  It can be a lot of fun to fish but probably can't handle more then 30 to 50 boats.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

BASS FISHERMAN

i has no problems payin shellin out 100 bones fur team tournie  ;) ;) ;) seein how big water is off limit in theese  ;D ;D ;D big $$$$$$ goin out in gas tank not an issure   ;D ;D ;D
an verrie proud of it

Jason Ammerman

The more the entry the more you make! If you fish a $80.00 tournament it will cost you the same in gas and other expenses as it dose $200.00. But when you get a check you make more of a profit.

The problem is the paybacks don't go up but our cost of fishing dose.

If the directors are not going to raise the pay back based on what they get from the sponsors, we are going to have to pay more in entry's.

Disclaimer:
These statements were not meant to offend anyone or group.

fastgambler2100

well brain here's how i see it if you want to draw the top 4 or 5 anglers and maybe 2 or 3 others put the entry fee way up and have a winner take all or have it under $100 a team you we draw more anglers like you said but after 1 or 2 tournaments how many guys are going to show up to fish we all know your first 2 tournaments are your best draw then people stop coming   >:( >:( >:(  oh one more thing have you got your boat back ??? ??? or did they give you a new one or cash you out ??? ??? if not i hope you have it back buy season opener ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: fastgambler2100 on January 30, 2007, 05:26:11 PM
well brain here's how i see it if you want to draw the top 4 or 5 anglers and maybe 2 or 3 others put the entry fee way up and have a winner take all or have it under $100 a team you we draw more anglers like you said but after 1 or 2 tournaments how many guys are going to show up to fish we all know your first 2 tournaments are your best draw then people stop coming   >:( >:( >:(  oh one more thing have you got your boat back ??? ??? or did they give you a new one or cash you out ??? ??? if not i hope you have it back buy season opener ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
i couldn't get it up my driveway if they gave it to me today.....lol but ranger said march i would get it back....i made it loud and clear they were responsible for it until it returned to michigan!!!!!!IF I REALLY WANTED IT BACK A.S.A.P i'd enter the rangers owners tourney they would send it then........quick!!!! ;D ;D ;D
    you get a working depthfinder on that fast gambler yet,so we can keep it off those sand bars

LGMOUTH

O.K. I guess I didn't hear what happen to that brand new RANGER. Couldn't have been something you did.  :D

Come on lets hear the story on how you break a brand new boat, especially a RANGER...I thought those big ole boats don't break. :D :D
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Jason Ammerman

It's not the boats fault if the owner runs a screw through the side of it is it.

If man makes it Brian can Break it!!!!!!!

LGMOUTH

I didn't say it was the boats fault, that's why I asked what happened, I know its hard to break any new boat especially a RANGER.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: LGMOUTH on January 30, 2007, 06:45:59 PM
O.K. I guess I didn't hear what happen to that brand new RANGER. Couldn't have been something you did.  :D

Come on lets hear the story on how you break a brand new boat, especially a RANGER...I thought those big ole boats don't break. :D :D
well they said 1 year garrantee no stress cracks so you don't want to test it the second year..lol...u test it the first year and it did do good,not that i brought it out in no monster stuff but a can remember a couple that hurt(i bet brad remembers everyone ;D)but of all places 2 stress cracks devoloped on each side of the cooler which is the step to the front deck(i would never pay to fix them)then right were the boat lays on the front of the trailer on the rubber roller it rubbed the gel coat off,this really puzzels me,the boat was never loose on the trailer,and although i powerload alot i still always end up cranking alittle so i don't know but rangers not asking either there just fixing so ok i guess?

LGMOUTH

I guess it is better to find the weak links the first year.... ;D

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: Jason Ammerman on January 30, 2007, 07:03:24 PM
It's not the boats fault if the owner runs a screw through the side of it is it.

If man makes it Brian can Break it!!!!!!!
owe ya....lgmouth...then theres that little incident,that must of slipped my mind....mmmmm..how could i have forgotten about that,,yes my dumb u no what thought i was going to improve the rod locker and after serveying the deal and taking a close look at what i was doing i run a screw right through the side of the boat,but wait then i look cuzz i was awhere of that happening and didn't see the screw it was just bareley poping the gel so geuss what ;D ;D........I decide to put another in then i hopp out of the boat and booooooom!!!!!CAN YOU SAY ATOMIC BOMB!!!!!!theres 2 screws sticking out of my 4 month old ranger..................WHY DID YOU GUYS MAKE ME RELIVE THAT :'( :'( :'(SO IF YOU NEED ME TO HELP ON ANYTHING ON THAT SKEETER JUST LET ME KNOW,I DO IT RIGHT CUZZ I DO I TWICE :D :D

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: LGMOUTH on January 30, 2007, 07:44:14 PM
I guess it is better to find the weak links the first year.... ;D
they made the rule not me right,oh yea had one small stress crack coming out of the bumper from i'm sure a screw hole thats holding the bumper on(i've seen that on alot of boats even new ones)

BASS FISHERMAN

them RANGRS  not looks new four ever ??? ??? ???
me 1980 RANGER 17 footur has cracks allovur in hur but she not leekin a drop  ;) ;) ;) RANGERS BUILT TO LASS A LIFE TIMES  ;) ;) ;)

all i does in the spring is gives hur a good sandin with sume 220 gritts and blast hur up withs sume Wally Worlds spray paints in the colors of me choosin  ;) ;) ;) she looks reel sweet  :D :D :D

:-* :-* :-* RANGERS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
an verrie proud of it

LGMOUTH

[[/quote]SO IF YOU NEED ME TO HELP ON ANYTHING ON THAT SKEETER JUST LET ME KNOW,I DO IT RIGHT CUZZ I DO I TWICE :D :D
[/quote]

No I think that I will leave all of the options to SKEETER....Thanks anyway...

fastgambler2100

hey i always got a depth finder in my hand  :o but just to let you know I'm up grading the gam this winter and putting a gps and graft up front and a new gps at the wheel I'm sick of my fishing partners crying about not knowing how deep it is see it don't matter how deep it is to me ill still drowned if its 6 foot or  50 lol ;D ;D ;D ;D oh and you must be talking about sand bar that I HAD TO PAY $1000 to get off well at least i can sleep at night knowing that they waited forever to get there money and i still have not forgot who they are and paybacks are great i have got a lot of great ideas on how but cant talk about them now ;D ;D ;D ;D but thanks for letting me know about your screw deal that must of slipped your mind last time we talked you didn't tell me about i wont ask you for help on adding my new gps on boat  ;D ;D dont want it to sink