Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:55:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

A Member Challenge... in the interest of my sanity!

Started by bshaner, January 29, 2007, 02:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bshaner

Now, I'm not a member of PETA (I do love animals) but in the interest of the poor forsaken spirit of that Great Dead Horse in the sky... and in the interest of my sanity for the next couple of months before ice out.

I challenge every member of this board to this:

Instead of bringing up new ways to beat things that have nothing to do with successful bass fishing how bout we get some discussions going that are technique specific in hopes that new and old timers alike will glean some knowledge from this great board of ours.

Things like...

How to beat the post spawn blues...

The sun is beating down on me, there's not a cloud in the sky and I can feel the humidity dripping down my forehead - where are those fish hiding!!??...

How do I increase my hookups while frogging...

The water looks like a mud puddle, how do I find productive structure??...

It's spring, the water is clear as a bell and I think the fish can hear me thinking at 50 yards out... what do I do?...

Just a few possible topics that come to mind...

B

Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

LGMOUTH

Quote from: bshaner on January 29, 2007, 02:31:30 PM
How to beat the post spawn blues...

Post spawn is my favorite time of year, Put a Jerkbait on the end of my rod and go fishing. Oh what fun I have. In my opinion there is nothing better this time of year, of course I say that all year except for maybe August.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

bshaner

Not exactly what I had in mind but it's a start!  ;)

I was hoping those would be new thread starters!

I have to agree that post spawn is one of my favorites.  Them fish are hungry!!  I've just heard alot of stories about the post spawn blues and thought maybe we could benefit others with experience.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

djkimmel

I'd say start a thread below in general discussion or tournament techniques with one of the topics you listed and get people talking. Someone has to start it. Might as well be you!?! Thanks for the ideas and the thoughts - definitely what I'd rather see...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bshaner

I knew you'd be along shortly with that suggestion!  Inbetween actually earning my paycheck here at work I'm writing up a couple of articles.   ;)  I have to compose them in a .doc because I keep getting interrupted by the boss and closing down my post message page.  Bosses can be so inconvenient!!!  >:( :o

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

stackenem

Don't happen when your the boss. LOL Besides your sanity has been gone for a while allready.LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

djkimmel

Yeah - the world of Windows has made the 'boss' screen much less efficient and protective. I also wonder if I should come up with a stealth version of the forum - make it look like a spreadsheet or something. (BTW - I had to put on the earlier post - you were expecting it and I do not like to disappoint).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bshaner

Stack,

I had to join you in the world of insanity... you need the company!! ;D :o

DK,

You never disappoint!!  Yes a spreadsheet with no logos/banners would be the ticket!!  Get to work old man!!! :o

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844