Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:00:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

TEAM OR SINGLE

Started by gr@ssmonkey, January 28, 2007, 11:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr@ssmonkey

JUST TRYING TO GET FISHERMANS FEEDBACK HOW MANY OUT THERE WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE SINGLE TOURNEY'S OR IS YOUR PLEASURE TEAM.

Jason Ammerman

WOW this guy acts like he wants to be a tounament director. Well at least he is asking what we want.

I vote for singleteamproam.

DISCLAIMER:
The statements above were not intended to offend any one or any group.

Thanks

Durand Dan

Genie

I prefer team because I have access to some extremely good partners, but I have fished the singles and done well there ... sorry not much help - I'd fish either.

I will say that if more singles events came around, I would try to fish more of them.  NBAA is trying more singles and maybe it will really catch on in other circuits as well.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

BASS FISHERMAN

i has sent a PM to grbehind monkiey  ;) ;) ;)
thanksyou verrie much aswell  ;) ;) ;)
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

Duke

Duke

HellaBass

I like singles or Pro-Am style

LGMOUTH

I do like the singles tournaments, you have to rely on your skills not your partners.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

joshimoto son

I like both... each tourney provides something different for me.

I agree with LGMOUTH about having to rely on your skills in a Pro/am type tourny.

But, I have a great partner and we work real well together. That in itself is a major milestone when it comes to team tournaments. Having played sports all my life... finding the right "team" that gels can elevate that team to perform above their potential.

joshimoto son ;D

Cy

I like team tournaments but I would like to fish more draw or single events.  That brings up a question.  By single are you talking about being the only person in the boat or a draw style tournament with boater and non-boater pay backs? 

Maybe I am not thinking of the obvious answer here but if it were a single tourney, doesn't that make it difficult to launch your boat and park the truck?  Especially if you don't know any of the guys you are fishing with.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

stackenem

I like the single tx and yes it is hard to launch and load when you are by yourself. Ask anyone who did topbass on lobdell.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: Cfruel on January 29, 2007, 08:25:42 PM
I like team tournaments but I would like to fish more draw or single events.  That brings up a question.  By single are you talking about being the only person in the boat or a draw style tournament with boater and non-boater pay backs? 

Maybe I am not thinking of the obvious answer here but if it were a single tourney, doesn't that make it difficult to launch your boat and park the truck?  Especially if you don't know any of the guys you are fishing with.

Cy
i think that problem could be easily solved if the tourney was at all well run i wouldn't have any problem dropping guys in and i'm sure i could find a couple of friends to help as long as guys didn't care if other people park there trucks............and i was thinking 1 person in the boat    boater non-boater is to hard to set up

Cy

That was quick!!!

I would have no problem having someone drop me in and parking my truck or helping other guys out.  I have never fished a single tournament but I would be interested.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Hooksetter

I like to fish both. Both have their good points and bad points. If I had to pick just one it would be singles tournaments. There's just something about the one on one competition that ratchets up the adrenalin.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Jason Ammerman

Sounds like every one wants to fish single events. But what kind of entry are you willing to put up to fish single for 4 tournaments. and do you think the payback should go 1 for 5, 1 for 7, or 1 for 10.

I would like to see $200.00 a pop and 1 for 10 payback. and the director should keep 10% plus membership for all the hard work.

I would also like to see a NO NET RULE!!!! This is fishing not Netting.
DISCLAIMER:
The statements above were not intended to offend any one or any group.

bshaner

I would definately prefer the singles tx.  I wholeheartedly agree with Willie.

I promised myself I wouldnt fall into this recently popular entry fee/payback discussion but my opinion as it relates to this current topic is if I'm going to pay 200.00 I'll fish the BFL's or a national trail that will get me exposure and lead to the next step.

If you leave the entry fee at the current going rate for teams, the single angler will still be making double his money compared to splitting it with a team member.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

BASS FISHERMAN

i likes the singules tournie aswell   ;) ;) ;)
i big into chuckin spinners baits and i go verry verry fast on me trollin motor wheen i doin this chuckin  ;) ;) ;) so it well wurkout bess ifin i dont has a partnur in the back of me boat  ;) ;) ;) thay seems to be sume poeple out thar thats not big into chuckin spinners baits and thay are tossin out those stupid sinkos with hooks in the mittle of thems????
hard to fuguer  ??? ??? ???

:-* :-* :-* RANGERS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

BigSmallie

Either would work for me.  I like singles.....the idea of relying on my own skills in a singles tournament without showing people (co-anglers) your hard earned spots........PRICELESS!!   

Team tournaments I favor for bigger water.......just in case of boat problems.   If I had to go down with the ship.....I would like to take my best friend with me!!  LOL! 
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

bosshawg

Quote from: stackenem on January 29, 2007, 08:31:23 PM
I like the single tx and yes it is hard to launch and load when you are by yourself. Ask anyone who did topbass on lobdell.

i did top bass lobdell a couple of times - enjoyed doing the single tx format. for launching there was guys that offered helpin' hands, but got a little crazy if you didn't show up early enuff, couldn't find a place to put boat & your truck sitting there holding all up. what was the reason they moved all tx's up to wixom & mid-mich areas?
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Hooksetter

Top Bass tournies on Lobdell were crazy crowded. I launched at the DNR launch and motored over. After weigh-in I headed back and was on the road home in 20 minutes ;D.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.