Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:25:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

AT THE RAMP OR A CLASSIC

Started by gr@ssmonkey, January 28, 2007, 11:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr@ssmonkey

how many guy's would like to just get payed at the ramp or how many would like to keep some money and have a classic just trying to get some idies for future tourney's ;D

Jason Ammerman

I would like to see all the cash paid back at the ramp. who needs a classic that pays you back the money that you paid in through the year. or give you an over inflated priced boat, that they say is worth $30.000 and you will be lucky to get $20.000 out of it. And if they do give the boat away the rest of the payout sucks.

Hey I hope no one takes that personally.

DISCLAIMER:
The statements above were not intended to offend any one or any group.

Thanks

Genie

Personally, I like classics.  If there was a circuit that didn't offer a classic and paid back everything at the ramp that went to waters that I like - I'd consider that one too.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

BASS FISHERMAN

i fer one likes monnie in hand at tournie site that day!!  ;D ;D ;D havin thats extras monnie in hand makes it possable too stop at MAC DONNELS fur a coople of burgurs an fries  ;) ;) ;) cold pepsi an coke tasts good aswell  ;) ;) ;) yous all no how it is aftur chuckin them spinners bait all day loong  :o :o :o that sit down rest nice too  ;D ;D ;D  a good thing you do here in askin this  ;) ;) ;)
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

Duke

Duke

LGMOUTH

I actually like both concepts.

If you are good enough to be at the top most of the time then the 100% payback is great. If your like most of us then you are out of the money 9 out of 10 times and fishing to go to a classic is well worth it. I'm guessing that the 100% payback tournaments will draw the best of the best, don't get me wrong I like fishing against these guys and I do but allot of guys will see who is fishing and figure that they should go somewhere else. But if you are good enough to win than the 100% is a great thing.

My thoughts on a classic are if I can pay $100 per tournament for four of five tournaments, finish out of the money every time and qualify to fish a classic for free somewhere where the playing field is pretty much even as far as local talent, If i would happen to win boat whether it is $30,000 or $5,000 I would be the happiest person in the world. I could care less if they say it is worth $100,000 and it only worth $10,000 it is still allot more than I could win fishing the four or five qualifying tournaments even if they payout 100%.

On the other hand if I was good enough to win all of the time I still would fish both, win all of the money in the 100% payouts and win the boat at all of the classics, that would be fun.

I guess what I am trying to say is that both concepts have there pluses and minuses for me I would fish both, just for the fun of it. Its all about the fun not the money at least for me. I just like the competition and fun that I have fishing against all of you guys.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

fastgambler2100

hi i think both are good but whatever you start with you stick with all year then change at the end of the year for next year don't be changing half way cause 5 people want something else stick to your guns make the rules then stick to them all year i dont like tournaments that change stuff into the season cause a couple people are crying also one thing that would be nice if it is 100% payback let everyone know before the start of the tournament how many places you paying and the amount

Jason Ammerman

Add it up. If you take the 20% that goes into a classic fund and add it to what you win through the year. you would have won more than if you win the classic.

If you want to fish for a boat fish the Stren Series it will cost you less than if you fish all year to make the classic.