Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:02:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Who's still braving the mud on St. Clair this weekend???

Started by Firefighter Jeff, April 26, 2013, 09:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefighter Jeff

I noticed a few are heading elsewhere for the opener.  Anyone else sticking with St. Clair??  I have a friend flying in from Connecticut at 4:00 Sunday afternoon to fish St. Clair for the first time.  Can't really change plans too much.    :-\'

thedude

been muddy and cold for 10 days. i consider that stable conditions  ;D

we'll be out sunday all day. see what happens
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Skulley

There's always canals............... It could be clear around 9 to 11 mile roads. Not a very good satellite pic on the coast watch.  Options for tomorrow for me are White Lake, Long Lake, or Belleville Lake. Any one going to White???   ???  dartag was one of the guys who always went on the opener and then to lunch at the White Lake Inn. Then back out to fish.

BD               ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Firefighter Jeff

I'd hate to resort to the channels but it could be a necessity.  Would anyone be willing to make a few suggestions for me on which ones???  I fished the first channel to the right as you first go into Metro beach with Bassfan two springs ago and we did pretty well.  Last year I tried the same one and zero fish  :-\'

motocross269

Jeff...I would look at Anchor bay. It doesn't seem to get as muddy as the Mile roads and holds a good amount of fish this time of year...

I wouldn't quit the smallies because of mud...There is clear water somewhere you just may have to fish a little closer to current than you normally would this time of year..

Cy

St Clair Completely SUCKED today!!!! ??? ??? ??? ???

It was wet and windy and rough and sucky.  I have never had so few fish and so few bites on St Clair ever!

Can't wait to go back in 2 weeks and wack 'em.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Skulley

It didn't really suck that bad Cy. I was out both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, was out from 0730 to 1330. Caught 12, all keepers. On Sunday, I was out from 0730 to 1245. I caught 10, all keepers. Biggest fish for both days was in the 5.5lb range. There were 2 others in the 5lb range. All others were in the 3 to 4lb range. You can check my catches out on Facebook if you are my friend there and I think you are Cy.

BD.                       ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

thedude

i consider anything under 50-75 fish this time of year to suck. it would have been a great day anywhere else, but it totally sucked by st. clair standards. The rain/wind/waves in the afternoon didn't help any. Looking forward to better weather and better fishing... 10 more days. :)
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

TCook

Yesterday numbers sucked for us by st clair standards. We had about 40 best five went 25-12. Its going to catch fire any day now.
FISH HARD!!!

djkimmel

We are spoiled! ;D

It was interesting seeing fishing reports on various websites for the CIR opening weekend. Some people just hammered them including two different people who had the best days of their fishing lives including their personal best smallmouth bass. Some other people caught none or only a few bass.

There were pictures of lots of 5+ and a fair amount of 6+ with the biggest I think I saw at 6-11. Wish I had been out there. Good thing we have the MadWags coming up soon.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

Quote from: djkimmel on April 29, 2013, 01:31:22 PM
We are spoiled! ;D

It was interesting seeing fishing reports on various websites for the CIR opening weekend. Some people just hammered them including two different people who had the best days of their fishing lives including their personal best smallmouth bass. Some other people caught none or only a few bass.

There were pictures of lots of 5+ and a fair amount of 6+ with the biggest I think I saw at 6-11. Wish I had been out there. Good thing we have the MadWags coming up soon.

had a guy post on Facebook he got 35-40 largemouth in the metro beach marsh area

jerkbait

I went out to metro Sunday afternoon from 4pm - 7:30 pm. Caught about 30 largies, I www fishing all the rocks after the long seawall that heads out to the lake. I was the only one fishing out there, was nice and peaceful... I'm ready for may 11th so I can catch some smallies.

Firefighter Jeff

Hmmmm the 28th was good for me Cy.  :)  15 fish in 3 1/2 hours before I picked up my friend from the airport.  Had a 5 1/2 and a 5.0   :)

djkimmel

As usual, some people whacked 'em, and some people cast a bunch of lures...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.