Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:40:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Best Tourney Circuit

Started by gbaade, January 20, 2007, 01:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbaade

Anyone have some advice on what circuit would be best to fish along with the BFL's? I am looking to fill some of the gaps in between BFL tourneys. Are there any that dont conflict with BFL? Any advice from the veteran tourney fisherman would be great!

Thanks

G M Baade

CuradoKev

Circuits on West Side of state...

CATT - www.cattbass.com

and

NBAA - www.nbaa-bass.com

Both circuits have divisions all over the state on weeknights and weekends. So check their websites, NBAA updates their website more often than CATT.

There are a few more on the east side, I'll let east side guys tell you so I dont' misinform you.

Ckev
SOB Lures
www.soblures.com

Terry's Tackle
www.terrystackle.com

Skip Johnson

check out ABA they have districts on both sides of the state.
Go Big or Go Home!

bassinman#1

dhuff

At this point in time it would have to be NBAA hands down.  They have way more weekend and weeknight tourneys and divisions all over the state.  This year they have also added a bunch of ONE-on-ONE tourneys where you fish by yourself from you own boat and a great entry fee price.  I think that alone may hurt some of the draw trails.  I am only going to fish NBAA this year because of there selection of tourneys and divisions.  Not to mention they actually update their website and post results pretty quickly. 

SethV

Are you on the East side or West side?  The East division of the FOM fits very well with the BFL.  I will be fishing both.

The FOM East:
6/2     Saginaw Bay
6/30    Belleville
7/14    Cass
8/11    St Clair
9/8      Det River

I did not fish the FOM last year, but I hear good things about it and look forward to this season!

Seth

McCarter

Quote from: dhuff on January 21, 2007, 06:40:25 PM
  Not to mention they actually update their website and post results pretty quickly. 

Nice. 

8)

McCarter himself :-\'

Durand Dan

???Anyone going to put together any NBAA one on one tournaments in the Genesse/Oakland County area?

gbaade

I am middle of the state near Lansing.

MBell

Check out top bass if your not looking to fish the whole season. NBAA has a lot of divisions but you need a membership and they only pay roughly 60-70% at the ramp but they make up for it at the championships.  Heres a link for you.

http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=1790.0

-Matt

dhuff

I heard from the guys at NBAA during the fishing show that there will be a one on one division in the Oakland genessee county area.  So just have to stay tuned on that. 

gbaade

I like the Top Bass schedule but theres one problem. Me and the wife are in the process of buying a house, so a boat isnt in the plans for at least another year. Unless you recommend taking a jon out on Saginaw Bay! :D Are there any other draw tourneys?

LGMOUTH

Quote from: MBell on January 22, 2007, 02:45:03 PM
Check out top bass if your not looking to fish the whole season. NBAA has a lot of divisions but you need a membership and they only pay roughly 60-70% at the ramp but they make up for it at the championships.  Heres a link for you.

NBAA does only pay out 70% cash at the ramp but they totally make it up in prizes and at the classics. No one can compare with there classics. Dont get me wrong, I fish a number of other circuits including the BFL, FOM, BAU, and Lake Drive Marine trail and all of them have great tournaments and fisherman and I will continue to fish all of these trails and recommend them all to anyone that askes, but if your looking for a great chance to win three boats in three days(one to be won by the weekend classic champions, one to be drawn for the overtime classic, and one to be won by the final championship winners.)NBAA is the choice for you. They have circuits all over Michigan so one should fit your schedule. NBAA also has a find a partner link on there website for those that dont have a boat or a regular partner. Check them out.        www.nbaabass.com

If you want to fish two tournaments all year and qualiy to fish for a boat or big cash your choice, Bass Anglers United is for you. This Tournament cuircuit is a great tournament circuit for those who have little or limited time to fish. They have circuits on Lk St Clair, Two on Muskegon, One south in Indiana/Randall and one up north by traverse city.  www.bassanglersunited.com

Fishers of Men is also a great tournament cuircuit. The only draw back to these,I beleive, is that you have to go to the friday night meeting. Not that it differs from the BFL but they dont draw as many boats and this is very costly if you have to spend the night or drive and hour or so to go to the meeting. Although the meetings are full of fun and companionship.     www.fomntt.com

Best thing to do is check the websites, ask a few more questions and go fishing..

When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

MBell

Quote from: SethV on January 22, 2007, 07:33:41 AM
Are you on the East side or West side?  The East division of the FOM fits very well with the BFL.  I will be fishing both.

The FOM East:
6/2     Saginaw Bay
6/30    Belleville
7/14    Cass
8/11    St Clair
9/8      Det River

I did not fish the FOM last year, but I hear good things about it and look forward to this season!

Seth

You shold try and talk to the director, they have the Saginaw bay launch as Veterans park.  This launch has a 30-40 minute idle to the lake, a big waste of time.  The bigger tournaments use this launch because they are paid or can't get a permit for a better ramp due to large field size.  There are a few launches on the river that are closer to the mouth. 
-Matt   

SethV

Matt-

Yeah, I was not thrilled to see vets park as the ramp.  Any reccomendations as to other ramps to use in the river?  A launch in the river is nice in case the wind is crazy, but it would be good to be closer to the mouth if possible.

Seth

smbassman

There is a DNR launch right at the mouth.  Nice 6 lane launch, but you must idle out directly to the channel.

MBell

The one smbassman mentioned is the best on the Saginaw River.  There is also Hoyles in Linwood, it is private and $10 to launch.  The best one for fishing is bayshore marina 1 mile north of bayport on wildfowl bay.  It has easy acess to the charitys and you have wildfowl bay and the canals of sand point when the wind picks up.  I fished tourneys out of here in 14 foot rowboat with no problems.  AuGres is also good but a far drive. 
-Matt

Skulley

I asked Jim Sprague from the NBAA about the "One on One" tournaments for Oakland County.  Division 36 is not going to be run by Ron Aiello this year as he will be running the "One on One" in Oakland/Genesse County.  Depending on how the schedule looks, I am planning to fish that myself.

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dhuff

Yeah that's what he told me as well.  The guys that took over div 36 are some really good guys and will do very well running it.  I hope Ron gets his schedule up there soon.

MIBassKid

Speaking of Jim-Has anyone used any of Jim's lures from K&E Tackle? It was formerly owned by his parents but they sold it to him a year or two ago. (he is my second cousin)
-Kid