Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

7.89 Largemouth

Started by Waterfoul, April 08, 2013, 10:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterfoul

Sorry, but I have to show this off again.  Caught this hawg Saturday during our tournament on Table Rock Lake.  Won us big bass for the event.  She hit an my A-rig running a mixture of Reaction Innovations skinny dippers on the lower 3 wires and Zoom swimming flukes on the top two (these were the decoys as you are only allowed 3 hooks in Missouri).  I thought I had hooked into one of the pole timber trees we were pulling the rigs thru... until my rod tip started to bounce.  It sure was a lot of fun!!

In the end, Ed Dyer and I took first place too and made enough money to pay for the entire trip!  
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

Brag away my friend! Chances of getting that fish here are pretty slim. That's a pretty good deal. Go down to fish a tourney and win enough money to mm pay for a week of shirking work responsibilities.   Lol!!  Once again, awesome job. Awesome fish!  Is that your biggest bass ever?  I'm sure that was a dumb question.......

Waterfoul

No such thing as a dumb question (except for maybe that one!  LOL!!).  Yes, my previous best bass was 6.2 lbs, though I caught a 25" monster in Glen Lake when I was 17 that I didn't weight (it was a LONG time ago and I didn't have a scale).  She was released after measuring.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

t-bone

Congratulations! That is a great big bass!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

BIGSHOW

Mike S.

Quote from: Waterfoul on April 09, 2013, 07:58:32 AM
No such thing as a dumb question (except for maybe that one!  LOL!!).  Yes, my previous best bass was 6.2 lbs, though I caught a 25" monster in Glen Lake when I was 17 that I didn't weight (it was a LONG time ago and I didn't have a scale).  She was released after measuring.

A REALLY LONG TIME AGO.

Dan

Great job Mike! You and Ed tore em up!!
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Waterfoul

MSURoss

Nice fish! Do you mind telling your setup?

6 lb Smallmouth

Great job!  Sounds like a helluva trip!!

Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

motocross269

Waterfoul

Ross, we caught 13 of our 14 tournament keepers on the Alabama rig, including the big fish.  The other one was caught on a jerk bait.

Skulley

Sweet!!!

BD.                            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Mcfish

tminer

Beautiful fish! Sounds like a great time.
Everyone should believe in something...I believe i'll go fishing.