Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:56:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Looking for some Carbon Fiber

Started by bigjc, December 02, 2012, 04:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjc

I am looking for a 10" x 10" (roughly) peice of carbon fiber stock, somewhere around a 1/4 inch thick.  Does anyone have any idea where I can get this material?

bob o

Manxfishing

You might try Roush
The composite shop is at building 51 right there at Middlebelt & plymouth rd
They do make there own sheets, and they do sell to the public

bigjc

Thanks for the help guys.  Bob...I don't know why I didnt think of that.  Lazy I guess.

BTW...Bob, the humminbird has been working fine.  Thanks again.  Are you gonna do another swap meet?

Lightningboy

I've been getting my carbon fiber from here:

http://compositeenvisions.com/

One of the best places for price I've found.  They also make good CF; not everyone goes to the trouble to make quality.  They've also got a superb selection, including colors & patterns others don't.

They're also in the process of moving to another building, so they have a 15% discount going on right now.

What ya makin?

bob o

Quote from: bigjc on December 02, 2012, 09:54:21 PM
Thanks for the help guys.  Bob...I don't know why I didnt think of that.  Lazy I guess.

BTW...Bob, the humminbird has been working fine.  Thanks again.  Are you gonna do another swap meet?

yep there will be another swap meet sometime after the novi fishing show, i'll keep everyone posted. glad to hear the humminbird worked out for ya :)

bigjc

Quote from: Lightningboy on December 03, 2012, 11:29:37 AM
I've been getting my carbon fiber from here:

http://compositeenvisions.com/

One of the best places for price I've found.  They also make good CF; not everyone goes to the trouble to make quality.  They've also got a superb selection, including colors & patterns others don't.

They're also in the process of moving to another building, so they have a 15% discount going on right now.

What ya makin?

Hey thanks Ken.  Actually I was going to call you cause I remebered that you had used carbon fiber on your triton.
I need a small piece to mount my humminbird at the bow.  They used carbon fiber at the factory, buy the hole where the garmin is now is slightly too large.

Lightningboy

You'll like their stuff.  I've used the CF plate from them, and the fiberglass backed CF.  Been happy with them both.

Stuff cuts best with a jig saw or scroll saw, with a fine tooth metal cutting blade.  I use a couple different shape files to square up the cut edges.  Then wet sand with automotive sandpaper and polish with mequire's polishing compound.

Wear a mask when you cut or dry sand; CF dust is supposed to be bad for you.

I've got to get to work too; I've got a piece I need to cut to replace my dash panel.  Might try using their kit to wrap my glove box door too.

bigjc

I used to love working on my boat, but lately my time is such a premium, that I just hate it.  Mounting a graph should be a piece of cake.  But with limited time and resources and patience, it has become a chore.

bigjc

Quote from: Lightningboy on December 04, 2012, 11:53:18 AM
You'll like their stuff.  I've used the CF plate from them, and the fiberglass backed CF.  Been happy with them both.

Stuff cuts best with a jig saw or scroll saw, with a fine tooth metal cutting blade.  I use a couple different shape files to square up the cut edges.  Then wet sand with automotive sandpaper and polish with mequire's polishing compound.

Wear a mask when you cut or dry sand; CF dust is supposed to be bad for you.

I've got to get to work too; I've got a piece I need to cut to replace my dash panel.  Might try using their kit to wrap my glove box door too.

What is the best thickness to use for a dash panel?

Lightningboy

I'd say 2 mm or thicker will work great.  A 2 mm panel is pretty hard to flex.

Don't go too thick, or cutting it will be a problem.

bigjc