Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:01:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2006 Bass Tournaments POLL

Started by blakstr1, January 16, 2006, 02:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many bass tournaments do you plan to fish in 2006? (Include club, open, trails, etc.)

0-3
0 (0%)
4-8
4 (13.3%)
9-14
7 (23.3%)
15-20
8 (26.7%)
20 and above
11 (36.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

blakstr1

Please place your vote on this poll.? I'm interested on average how many tournaments the typical Michigan bass angler fishes in one season.

Thanks for the participation.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

dartag

i voted,  if the wife asks you never heard of me...

Savage

Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

smbassman

I really wish I could fish the various weekday tournaments.  That could really help get the numbers up, but there are none around  except for 45mins beyond my work and I already drive an hour to work, so that is just too much to fish a tournament till 9 and after weigh-in, loading the boat and the drive home - I am usually backing the boat in around midnight to get up at 5 again.  Man I wish I was 20 again when sleep was not a necessity.  Anyways, does anyone know of weekday tournaments in northern Genesee/Lapeer counties - like Holloway lake or Mott lake etc?  Or would anyone like to start one?

So, with only weekends available(and a wife to compromise with) - I definitely don't fish enough tournaments.

blakstr1

there are a couple NBAA circuits out of Fenton on Thursday nights??  don't know how close that is to your work?  Sanford Bass Club hold weeknight (Tuesdays I think) tournaments for anybody to get into, they alternate weekly between Sanford & Wixom, times are something like 6-9. 
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

smbassman

The tournaments in southern Genesee, Northern livingston & Oakland counties are the ones I usually fish about one or two a year.  But they are the ones that are about 2 hours from home.  Wixom and Sanford are even farther and I could never make it there by 6,  so that doesn't work.  Oh well, I'll settle for stopping at Holloway for some fun fishing, which is right on the way home! 

blakstr1

I've never seen anything that looks even remotely fun about fishing at Holloway!! ;D  I avoid it most of the time...of course if i spent enough time on it to learn it, then maybe it wouldn't be too bad.  Have you looked at the new NBAA division on Saginaw Bay??  I guess the tournaments are going to be Saturdays throughout the summer..not sure where they will be launching from yet...i wouldn't mind fishing some of these.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

smbassman

I think the Saginaw Bay tournaments are going to be my sacraficial tournaments that I bring the wife to and donate money.  She loves fishing and fishing tournaments, but she has nowhere near the capability  to fish at higher levels.  I just hate leaving her behind all the time cause its like leaving your retreiver at home when your heading for a treestand.  You know you can't be successful if they come, but the sad eyes when leaving them behind leaves a pit in the stomach

blakstr1

Good for you, my wife isn't into the tournament scene...its a great time to spend with your spouse and before long she might be spanking you and everybody else out there.  they say women have an advantage because of their patience...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

Just got on the NBAA site...they are launching the Saginaw Bay tournaments out of Great Lakes Marina...thats a good launch...that road gets pretty dusty when it hasn't rained in a while, white boat whether you like it or not!!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

smbassman

Great lakes marina? - Where is that launch and is there plenty of water?

Savage

Glad to see someone else taking their wives to tournaments!  If dragged mine along late last fall, we froze our tails, but she got the bug bigtime.  The whole trip back, she was like "we should have went to those green pumpkin tubes sooner!"

Man, talk about great.  Makes it easier to get away fishing more often when she understands why you have to pre-fish.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blakstr1

its up north of Pinconning a few miles...M-13 North to Worth Rd, go east to Arenac State Hwy, head North to Sagatoo Rd.  head East to the launch.  Some people go all the way into Standish and pick up Sagatoo Rd. We had a club tournament out of there last year, they have the channel marked out but it is pretty shallow, but safe enough..just don't go off course until you get to the end buoy...its less than a foot of water in places!  This puts you basically on the Saganing Bar, but more accurately bewteen the Saganing and Rifle Bar.  I think the launch fee was about $5.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Savage

That's really as good a launch as you will find along the West shore.  If you end up there, don't overlook the marina, I caught a couple nicer ones there in practice last year flipping a senko along the breakwalls.  Not there for the tournament though. . . .
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

smbassman

Gotta love the bay - I went in at the pinconning river mouth last spring and started catching huge smallies on a VERY SHALLOW bar (never fished that area before).  As the skies got dark and the wind picked up, we tried to head in and got beached about 1.5 miles off shore. :o
Making the best of it, we boated about a dozen more smallies before the lightning begain striking all around us and the hale started.  Talk about a nervous time with hale pounding us mixed with rain, wind gusts to 50mph and thunder and lightning all coming at one shot.  I was glad when that past us and we drained the bilges and livewells and jumped in the lake to get the boat to float again and we walked about a mile dragging the boat across the bar. 
But man, those were some huge smallies!!!!!

MBell

I'll be fishing the NBAA saginaw bay division this year.  Hopefully they draw some good numbers.  At the show we brought it up to NBAA that they had scheduled over top bass on 5/27, hoping they will move to sunday.  I hope they move, I'd like to see good numbers and if it comes down to it I'm going to have to fish top bass, on saturday my partner is fishing the motor city inland. 
-Matt 

Savage

Got the GPS coordinates of that bar? ::)

So I can avoid it, of course! ;)
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

I agree - we should have it to warn all the members so they don't get stuck too :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dhuff

Myself and Mbell are fishing that Saginaw bay division.  I can't wait we each got really good fish for the entire summer on different ends of the bay so I am pumped for this division.  I sure hope they change the opener tournament to the 28th to avoid top bass.  If we can get it to Sunday alot of the guys fishing the Top Bass tournament on the 27 will stay to fish on the 28th this will get our numbers up for that first tournament to get a good payback.  Lets all hope.  I brought that up to the NBAA guys at the fishing show and they marked it down and said they were going to be meeting with that director on Tuesday night so we will have to see if they make that change or not.

MBell

Savage, since I'll probobly be fishing against you here are some coordinantes. ;D 
43 52 300
83 37 262
Just wait it out, they'll show up sooner or later.
-Matt