Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:53:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

trail cams

Started by fowlmouth, November 03, 2006, 05:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fowlmouth

anybody using a trail cam? I have been looking at the moultrie 2.1 at wally world and wondered if anyone has one.

fiker

My kids got me one for my birthday last winter.  I'm having a ball with it.  Mine is the cheapest one that they sell at Cabelas. 
It is Digital, and it's made by Bushnell.  I put a 1 gig chip in it. 
It uses 4 D size batteries. 

I've been using it off and on since Sept.  I've got some incredible pictures.  If only I knew how to attach them to this, I'd show you what they look like.

I've found that most deer are not afraid of the flash at all.  Unfortunately, the reallly mature bucks are.  The 1 and 2 year olds don't seem to mind at all.  Neither do the does.  I don't think I'd worry about buying the infra red version.  Mine seems to do just great. 
If I have one complaint, it is that after about 4-500 pictures, (mostly with a flash), I need to replace the batteries. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

fowlmouth

that's not bad battery life, the one I'm looking at is 2.1 mp at walmart for $97. I hunt private property that is not my own and can't afford to have someone steal one of those $500 cuddeback IR cams. Is yours on a bait pile or trail? Some people say to point them down a trail so you don't get a lot of pictures of butts. I guess the sensor takes 3-4 seconds to take a picture after it has been tripped.

fowlmouth

I keep getting pictures of the wrong end, must have to move my camera a little. I have about 8 pictures of butts, so I guess on the 15th I'll probably be able to recognize a couple of them. Fiker, I agree with the flash not bothering them I got 4 pictures of one doe that stopped by at 2 a.m., she even sniffed the cam to try and figure out where the pretty lights came from!

joshimoto son

Ricker

email me the pics and I can resize them for you and put them up.

The trail cam pictures that is...

joshimoto son ;D

Langer

Kind of pricey but I think the Cuddeback Cameras are some of the best out there.? Here are some pics from this year so far.

Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

fishon1219

Big Game,
I want to hunt were your camara is.  ;D
If you need help harvesting any of those bucks let me know. Have shotgun will travel
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

Langer

Here are some more pictures off of my trail camera, enjoy.....

Here's the Piebald I got a couple of pics of before the neighbors shot him!

-2008 President

Genie

That's awesome!!

Looks like I have to spend more money on yet another hobby and get me a camera.

-Genie
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Dan

I am curious about the infrared.  I am fearfull of getting a camera stollen if it has a flash that makes it easy to spot. If I could conceal an infrared type, I would think it would last longer (someone walking off with it) where I would like to use it. Also, I was thinking if I had an infrared I could use it out of hunting season and place it to watch my cabin for potential breakins.
When the infrared trips is there any sound associated with it? Are there any other features like a little on light that may give it's position away to trespassers?
The pictures were great.  Thanks for posting them.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

joshimoto son

Dan,

Infared pics will look black and white, but depending on quality, can still give you great detailed pics.

joshimoto son ;D

Langer

Dan,

The camera I have would take some time to get it off the tree, it is attached by a cable that is tightened down inside of the casing, there is also a hole in the camera that allows you to drive a long screw into the tree.  There is also a spot to add a lock so the casing cant be opened.  If they get passed all those, and manage to get the camera it is still password protected.  My camera sits probably 80 yards off the road, but its so thick where I hunt you cant see the flash from the road.  As far as Infared's go, I have no experience with them so I dont know if they are load our not, I know mine makes no noise when it is triggered, You can check out the Cuddeback website for more information on there infared camera (www.cuddebackdigital.com).  I know that out of the 3 models of cameras they make, the Infared is the most expensive.
-2008 President

Langer

Finally downloaded my 2nd memory card. I think I got close to 900 pictures before I took my camera down on 12/26. It quit taking pictures around 12/4 due to a low battery (lasted about 2 months).
Enjoy....

This guy showed up the morning after I left. Go figure!

-2008 President