Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:41:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Fletchers Pond in late May

Started by willettizer13, January 11, 2013, 10:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willettizer13

Thinking about heading to Fletchers in late May.  I have never been there but heard some good things about it...other than the occasional stump!  Anyone have any advice? 

Frank-o

Stumps are everywhere!...throw wacky worms.

bob o

occasional stump, ha that's funny right there. bring exter props, yes one for the troling motor too. have fun

willettizer13

I get the feeling there are alot of stumps! ;)  How about the fishing?  Still as good as I hear?

LennyB

I've been there a few times. It has a good population of quality largemouth and smallmouth. However, personally it's not the kind of lake I like to fish because most of the lake is the same. It's just a big flooded out stump field. There are a lot of big fish in it, but as far as fishing a breakline, or isolated cover type stuff were you can target fish, there's not a lot of that. It's basically a flail away type lake. There is an old railroad crossing going through it but other than that it all looks the same. At least that was my take on it.

Jmcfarland

I haven't been to Fletchers in late May, but that should be a great time of year. Weeds will not be fully grown so that should help. I would predict  most of the fish to be on beds in the middle of nesting if we have a "normal" spring. THERE ARE A LOT OF STUMPS. Depending on how high or low the water is there can be anywhere from 1-2 fow over top of them or they can be hiding just inches under the surface. BE CAREFUL. It is one of my favorite lakes to fish. Seems to be fish almost anywhere, but if you pay attention you often find that they are on something different. As mentioned it all looks the same, but sometimes they are on a certain type of weed on the edges of the weedbeds, in the heart of the beds, on the only stump in the bed, something. Once you figure that out you can find the bigger fish. I have always fished it in July or August. These are some of the things I have learned. The East end is the most stump filled area. There is some gravel on the southern part of the lake but it is hard to find (at least for me but I have seen it). The largemouth are more plentiful than the smallmouth. Often times the bigger fish come from stumps in or around the river channel. The stumps that do not stick above water for the world to see hold better fish. Some guys are not afraid to run around. I am a nervous wreck anytime my boat is on plane out there. If you go slow and look in the water you will see why. Hope this helps.

willettizer13

Thanks guys!  My dad and I are looking forward to the trip someplace new!