Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:00:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Spring Turkey Season 2013

Started by Got Fish??, January 06, 2013, 02:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Got Fish??

There is a lot of water, to go along with a  lot of snow north of Clare , all the way to the U.P.Most of  my scouts tell tails of wet forests. Most area's that  always hold nests of turkey eggs are  unusealy empty. May be a late mate.I know that western U.P. . May have  got 8-10 inches Thursday . APRIL  18.

Got Fish??

I have a scout in Howell, he tells me that there are a few groups of birds. That have moved in and staked a claim.  He also tells me the birds are about 2 weeks behind. Closer to Travers city.  I'm told that, their are  a few spots for birds. But not many general sightings. At his time of year they usually see more birds.

Got Fish??

I leave Saturday April  27. Too head up to hunt camp. Has any one scored or gone turkey hunting yet?  I know the whether hasn't been the best for hunting. Next week should bring better chances. It's  going to be in the 70s for most of the week. The birds  sightings  across the state have been far and few. With all this water and snow.

Got Fish??

Lots of Bird's , from Howell to ST John's. Falmouth areas  farmers fields are green and the birds can be seen eatting the tender shoots Still some snow on the ground in the woods north of Clare. Many lakes around Grayling, are still ice covered. We stopped in most of the outfitter shops on the way up to Kalkaska vary early Saturday. Top subject? Turkeys,  this has been the best year for birds and business. So far there are enough birds to go around. A few vary large toms have been taken. It's only since the warm up, that the birds have gotten real active. Should be a really interesting week coming up.

Got Fish??

Wow, what a great 2nd hunt. With the weather warming up like it did. The woods lit up with yelps and gobbles. All that snow north of Clare disappeared and the courtship begone. Just last week, the snow covered the forest floor. Now that is gone the hens have areas to nest. lots of big toms taken around Rose City. Lake City and Cadillac area produced several nice toms this year, and lots of Jake's. Our camp took two Jake's. We saw a lot mature toms and several groups of two and three Jake's, wandering around looking for romance. Hunt 234 should be vary productive this season  I haven't seen this many birds in the past six years. Southern lower Michigan farm belt produced some nice toms as well.

Got Fish??

Most of the hunters I talked to this season. Had a run in with  coyotes.  Some had their decoys damaged. Others  just had nosey varmints come in early in the morning before light , to investagate their yelps and shock calls. We had one rush our position just before dawn. It ran at us , and stopped just 10 or 15 feet from us. Wasn't it surprised when we turned out not to be a turkey.

Got Fish??

Privet land produced some reel nice toms this year. Just north of Oakland Lake, is a nice peace of privet land owned by a friend. He havested a vary nice 25 lb gobbler.  Nestled down in the Clam River valley. Is the town of Falmouth Mi. Some of the sweetest farm land. I know of 2 nice long beards taken on privet land.Violations of turkey hunting regulations, including application violations, are misdemeanors. REPORT ALL POACHING call 800-292-7800