Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:14:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

No fun today.

Started by Mike S., November 14, 2012, 04:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

She's looking pretty good. For some reason, they haven't given us her xray results yet. I'm assuming it may be that they are waiting for a spine doctor to look them over verses a nurse. We are being patient. She's eating now, and has been without her I.v. medication and on a pain pill now for several hours. Very possible she may get to come home some time tomorrow.

I opened my mouth and said that if they found me one of the beds from the old birthing center I would stay the night. I figured it would be impossible. Guess what. Those nurse ladies are pretty tricky. It may have taken 10 minutes. I want to sleep in my bed.  >:(

Waterfoul

Good news!  Well, other than the bed thing....  :D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

I'm a brat. It was so hot in here last night I couldn't take it. I went home. There was really no point in being miserable to watch her sleep.

I got here this morning and she was walking down the hallway. We are waiting to see the doctor. He may let her go home today. My fingers are crossed. If so, there will be two people at home with her tomorrow, and she said I can go fishing!  Just for the record, she and I talked about that almost a week before her surgery. She told me not to winterize my boat because I can still fish. Her mom is now living with us for the next two months.

Waterfoul

More good news!  You're wife is awesome!   ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

She is showered and dressed in her own clothes now. The drainage pump from her spine has been removed, and her iv is gone now. She has passed her physical therapy. I guess we are just waiting to see if she can manage her pain or not. I took her for a walk. She's tired. Been through a lot in the past few days.

Waterfoul

BIGSHOW

mikesmiph

Sounds like a wonderful ending to her hospital stay. We'll keep the good thoughts coming for a speedy and full recovery. Give her my best.

Mike S.

I got her home around 6:00 last night. She spent an hour or so in bed, and then went right to the couch so she could see her kids easier. She just woke me up at 2:30 this morning, about half an hour ago, to get her a pain pill.

We were nervous about her temperature. She has spiked a fever every night since surgery. She hit 100.4 before we went to bed last night. I made her use her breathing tool, and I put a cold wash cloth on her forehead. It came down pretty quick. I just checked her a few minutes ago, and she was at 96.9. It is going to be a long road, but we will get there. I'm thinking positive on this one. It has to work. She has got to get back to her normal lifestyle. I miss my "old" wife.

In a few short hours, Waterfoul and I, and possibly his girlfriend, will be headed to Pentwater Lake. Hope we can get some big ones!  Then tomorrow, it's back to work. After spending this week in the hospital, I'm ready for work. Excited is a better word.

Jack Schalk

It sounds as if you all are headed in the right direction but the ongoing symptoms are very familiar to me.
My wife is finally starting to get back to normal but I realized I did not need to fish as much as I needed to be there when she needed me as she is an amputee from 5 yrs ago.
Sold the boat and the gear is next.
I hope your life gets back to normal and your wife progresses daily.

Mike S.

Wow. That must have been really hard to deal with. I couldn't imagine. My wife is doing really well this morning. She looks more alive, and her temperature is excellent. She says there is no reason for me to sit home and watch her sleep. She has her mom living here with us for the next two months, so she will never be alone. Last time she had surgery, I bought two way radios so she can call whoever is here without having to scream or get herself out of bed.

fiker

I'm glad all is headed in the right direction for you and yours.

Thanks and praise to our Lord for His answers to our prayers.   

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

bigjc

Quote from: fiker on November 14, 2012, 05:34:31 AM
Lord I pray that your presence be felt by Mike and his family today.  May you lift them up and comfort them in their time of need.  May the Holy Spirit be alive within them and comfort them.  I pray that you will work your healing mercy through the hands of the medical staff as they do what is necessary to restore Mike's wife to health.   May the peace of Christ be on their hearts and in their minds as they deal with today and the coming days.   In Jesus' name.  Amen

Nicely put bro...AMEN

Mike S.

Thanks guys for all the support. She seems to be doing pretty good today. She's moving better, managing pain better, and so far no temperature problems. We will take it day by day.

djkimmel

Glad it sounds like things are heading in the right direction pretty good right now.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Quote from: Mike S. on November 18, 2012, 06:33:19 PM
Thanks guys for all the support. She seems to be doing pretty good today. She's moving better, managing pain better, and so far no temperature problems. We will take it day by day.

Not that you would know... I hear you went fishing all day.  Shame on you.  ;)

Glad to see her up and about a bit this morning when WE left.    ;D

Mike S.

Yeah, someone on this forum talks me into making bad decisions!  Lol!

djkimmel

Not always a bad decision. Everything in moderation. I hope your wife keeps improving, and at a faster pace. I hope you keep your sanity doing what you need to so you can take care of your family.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BIGSHOW

Everyone has to get out once in a while. I know when I was laid up, I wanted my wife to get out. Sounds like things are looking up though.

Waterfoul

Quote from: Mike S. on November 19, 2012, 04:08:32 AM
Yeah, someone on this forum talks me into making bad decisions!  Lol!

Um.... wait a minute here... you talked ME into going!  LOL!!  Always fun hanging out with you on the water Mike!