Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:34:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

No fun today.

Started by Mike S., November 14, 2012, 04:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Praying for all of you Mike. Things will go better this time.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bsimpson

Praying for a full, quick and complete recovery!

Jack Schalk

Mike,
I can only say that I know what you are going through as my wife had an operation in June, contracted an infection, and was in the hospital till late Sept.
I too almost lost her twice.
Your children are suffering more than they should and I pray for your strength for them.
Our kids are much older but it is still tough.

Mike S.

Wow. Glad it worked out for you. That's terrible.

We have a room full of kids right now. They are here to see mama, and the lady in her room has her grandkids up as well. 5 kids and 5 adults right now. All are in good spirits. My wife is falling asleep every few minutes. But she looks good, we are hoping for the best.

Waterfoul

Fingers are crossed and prayers are sent Mike.  The first night is usually the longest.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Thanks for keeping us posted Mike. Continued best outcomes.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

Got a good night's sleep. Being as she's sharing a room, I couldn't stay with her last night. Didn't get a phone call, so I'm assuming all is well. I will be heading back up there as soon as I get my kids off to school.

Waterfoul

Sneak her favorite breakfast in to her this morning!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

The hospital doesn't approve of that.  ;)

Mike S.

We are rolling into night number 2. Her blood pressure is low. She's got a real bad head ache. She's having a lot more pain this go around. The first surgery was a cake walk compared to this one. We will see what day 3 brings.

Mike S.

I'm home. Getting ready to put the kids to bed. We had a little excitement this evening around 7:00. My wife's face started to turn red and look swollen. I touched her forehead and she was pretty hot. The nurse came in and took her temp. It was 101.8. First thing on my mind was the night I had to rush her in for the infection she had. This was bad. My kids and my parents were there. I had her mom take my kids home. There is a breathing machine that she has to take 10 deep breaths in every hour. She's been sleeping quite a bit, so she hasn't really been doing it. The nurse made her do it, and her temp went down over 3 degrees in about 30 minutes. Absolutely amazing.

She seemed to be ok after that. I kissed her goodnight, and was on my way.

I have gained a new friend from this. Her roommate's husband is a trip. He's an avid hunter and fisherman. He and I have quite a bit in common. Never a dull moment in our room.

Waterfoul

Does he want to go fishing on Sunday?   ;D

Mike S.

He probably would. But, he does eat bass, so I will probably never take him on the lake. I respect that its legal to do so, but I don't like to take people fishing who may go where I take them and eat what they catch. We will just stick to you and me going.

Waterfoul

Oh come on... might be fun to hold a 5 lb smallie in front of him and then just toss it back!

How are things going today Mike?

Mike S.

I walk in this morning to find out that she spiked a high fever again last night. Higher than when I was here. She is waiting to go to xray this morning. She says it feels like something is trying to rip through her skin. She says she doesn't feel any better than she did when she got here Wednesday. Truthfully, she looks worse. She can't eat, she can't stay awake, and she can't get remotely comfortable. Her surgeon came in this morning and said she should feel pain, but not as much as she is feeling. He also seemed concerned about getting her to xray. Personally, I'm beginning to wonder of he knows what he's doing. I will lose my mind if they cut her open again to fix something that they didn't do right.

mikesmiph

Still wishing you guys all the best. Hang in there Mike. Its got to get better somewhere down the road. We're all here for you.

Waterfoul

Maybe it's time to change surgeons.  Sounds like this guy is a quack.  I would believe you have the right to get a second opinion and pull in another Dr.

Mike S.

They just came and got her for xray about 15 minutes ago. Is did some complaining, after getting tired of her looking like a zombie. They came to the conclusion that they have too much medication going in to her. They stopped the constant feed, and now she just has the button. She fell asleep immediately for about two solid hours. When she woke up, she looked so much better. She's more alert, and moving better. She's still in a lot of pain, but she's looking better. We will see.

Waterfoul

Good news!!  Glad to hear it Mike.

djkimmel

Keep asking questions. Keep asking if things are being done the best they can. You are staying involved with her care team. That is good and important. I'll pray that things improve fast.