Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:13:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Fishing Shirts...

Started by BassinGT, December 12, 2006, 01:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassinGT

Guys, help me understand some things...

I was looking at that cool website, Tourneyshirts.com, checking out all the cool pictures and it got me wondering... Everyone shirt had logos, sponsors, whatever, all over them. I understand that most of these people have secured sponsorhips or on a pro staff or something. My question is do you need sponsorships to be able to wear shirts like that? For example, I bought a Stratos Boat last year, does that mean I can wear one of those cool Stratos shirts? Really I'd just like to have a shirt made with my name on the front and a "Your logo here" or "Space for Rent" sign on the back :-). Maybe if I looked more official I'd do better in the tournaments!!! Hee hee.

What's the deal?

-Gary

McCarter

Go ahead and wear whatever you want.  There is nothing wrong with supporting a company or product that you believe in.  Whether its on a shirt, or a hat, or a pair of undies.

There are some people out there who might poke fun at you.  There was recently a post on a similar website that was titled 'Patch Pirates' where a handful of guys joined in to publicly bash a select few anglers because they proudly display there sponsors names and logos on there trucks, boats, shirts, hats, socks, whatever.  Why did they do this?  No one will ever know, but i think more or less they suffer from some form of social disorder, maybe they were made fun of a lot in school and are now looking for ways to get back at others to make themselves feel better.  I am not qualified to speculate any further.

Dont let people like that discourage you.  They are also pirates, but of a different kind, if you catch my drift.   ANd if you dont, i will say this and only this............( y )

Do what you want.  Wear what you want.  I dont think it is wrong at all.

McCarter himself :-\'

BassinGT

Good to know.

Thanks Brian.

-Gary

Genie

It goes back to some old cliche's ... "You are what you eat", "You are who you associate with", "You feel like you dress" ...

I know I feel differently when wearing fishing shorts vs. a shirt and tie.  Wearing the "brag rags" can make you feel a little different - maybe even put a little bounce in your step or draw an extra look from someone as you walk by.

Who know - it just might make you fish differently as well ...

Leave the "I wonder what others think ..." to the schools and do whatever makes you feel/fish better.

-Genie
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

fowlmouth

You can buy the Stratos tourney shirts on stratosboats.com, but if you wait a little the style will probably change before next season.

stackenem

I called Stratos and they said they are not changing anything this year what you see is what you get. I like the yellow that is clearanced but will probaly get the grey.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Bassman24

Gary,

Great to see you posting on the bass sites.  The guys here will give it to you straight.

As for wearing sponsor garb, if you have legit sponsors you should be proud to promote them and shirts, hats, etc. are the best way to start.  If you are just happy with a product you use and want to support them, you should also proudly do so.  Don't let the nay-sayers Brian mentioned stop you from promoting.  It is what sponsors look for and expect when you find one to work for.

Hope you enjoyed your season.  I hate the fact my boat is hibernating for the winter.

GT

George Terrien

Champion Boats - www.championboats.com

OPTIMA Batteries - www.optimabatteries.com.

NBAA Motor City Inland Challenge - www.nbaabass.com

Highest Honor - www.highesthonor.biz

K&E Team Stopper - www.stopperlures.com

bosshawg

does the saying, i might not be a great fisherman but i'll look good doing it. anywho - i also have a couple of patch laden shirts i'll wear to tournaments. does it make me fish better, probably not. you do sort of stand out from the others but thats fine. the patches promote the products i use and like. i don't get anything from the manufactures for it. bought a mercury tournament shirt last year and like the looks of it cause it matches the boat and besides having a merc on the back of it. planning to have name put on it and probably a couple of other things. so dress up a little and look good while your out on the the water. it makes ya FEEL GOOD!!!
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

BassinGT

Thanks Everyone. That is all great information. I've been fishing in the ABA for a few years now and you really don't hear about this stuff, or at least I haven't, at the tourneys.

It's nice to have forums like this. To most people our definition of fishing may be a little extreme, but to us it's natural. And like most of you of I have aspriations of winning tournaments, having sponsorships, and traveling the country, and essentially make a living doing what we love. And to me answering these types of questions is just as important as "what lure did you use?" and "what pattern were you fishing?"

Thanks again. I may post more questions like this in the future. I need to do something to keep my mind on fishing during these cold months!!!

-Gary