Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:09:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Aaron Martens and the 07 Classic

Started by McCarter, December 11, 2006, 12:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Will he do it this year?  Can he break the 2nd place curse?  He is no stranger to Alabamas Lay Lake.  He finished 2nd place at the BM Classic here in 2002. 

With 3 consecutive 2nd place Classic finishes, its obvious that it is only a matter of time before he seals the deal.

Hes got my vote.  I think he will do it this year.  He is no doubt one of the most, if not the most, versatile anglers in the world.  And this tournament should play right into his strengths. 

Any thoughts?

McCarter himself :-\'

Cheetam

He can do it...and I like that Vault stuff...
Jeff

Duke

He has only done that twice. Last year's runner-up was Rick Morris (did it on a chatterbait in the river). Sorry to be a party-pooper.

My pick though has got to be Kevin VanDam. He's pretty due to win again. The whole year of 2006 w/o a win is an eternity for this guy.
Duke

McCarter

according to my resources, Martens was 2nd place at lay lake in 2002, did not qualify for the classic in 2003, 2nd place at lake wylie in 04 and 2nd place at 3 rivers in 05. 

So, when i say consecutive, i mean in classics fished.  To say it another way, he has placed 2nd place in 3 of 3 classic fished since 2002, not including 2006.

McCarter himself :-\'

Hooksetter

I gotta agree with ya Duke, KVD gets my no. 1 vote. If KVD were not fishing the Classic this year, I would have to go with Greg Hackney, I think he is ready to make a serious run at a Classic title.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Duke

Quoteaccording to my resources, Martens was 2nd place at lay lake in 2002, did not qualify for the classic in 2003, 2nd place at lake wylie in 04 and 2nd place at 3 rivers in 05. 

I stand corrected  :-\'

I agree about Hackney Hooksetter. He's the real deal when he gets on 'em.
Duke

HellaBass

jcox7

My vote is for Ike they peeed him off and now he cant be beat>>>>>>>>>>>

rufus

After fishing the Wonderland with you Jeff I know why you picked Ike ;D. We had a good time that day catching all those fish on "jigging spoons" ;). Next year we will have to try the AWESOME Jcox rig. 8)

bosshawg

i's got to go w/ike myself. he's on a roll & the mojo going. If all the AOY hupla don't get to him & he's got his prioities in order, my money is on him.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

LUMBERLEO

I think Luke will be a major player again this year.  The guy can just plain catch fish.  I loved watching him spank swindle in the match fishing series...  KVD actually had a really good year. He did not win but quite a few top tens and if he wasn't d-qued from that 1 tournament he could have easily been angler of the year.

Scott

Cheetam

Quote from: LUMBERLEO on January 09, 2007, 10:01:17 AM
I think Luke will be a major player again this year.  The guy can just plain catch fish.  I loved watching him spank swindle in the match fishing series...  KVD actually had a really good year. He did not win but quite a few top tens and if he wasn't d-qued from that 1 tournament he could have easily been angler of the year.

Scott
I didn't think Luke was fishing the Classic since he didn't fish BASS this past year?
Jeff

LUMBERLEO

I thought that two but I was told by a fairly reliable friend that the winner from last year is automatically in the next event..  But I am deffinently not sure.  KInda interested to find out know.......

Hooksetter

There is a thread on this subject on the bassmaster.com message boards. According to the posts there Luke was offered a slot in The Elite Series, even though he declined to enter before the Classic and the field was supposedly locked at the time of the Classic, so he could have a chance to defend his title but he declined. I think the way the rule is written it gives the reigning Classic champion an automatic berth in the following Classic PROVIDING he fishes the current tour schedule. Don't quote me on that but I think that is how it reads.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Duke

You're absolutely right Hooksettr. He passed on his opportunity. Doesn't make a whole lot of financial sense to me, but I believe some of his major sponsors are also FLW sponsors. I think thats a crock.
Duke

blakstr1

Even though I always want to see KVD win and would be ecstatic if he did it again, my pick for '07, is the G man himself..Gerald Swindle.  I'm also looking hard at Greg Hackney, plan on all 3 of these guys being in the hunt.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

Winter fishing in Alabama on the Coos system for spots.... sounds a bit like a Michigander has to have a good chance. Those spots fish like smallies. Those California guys like the hot weather and can't fish without fresh quacamole. Lane and Hackney are the odds on favorites, but I too like KVDs chances.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."