Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

"Up North" Report

Started by bwebber, September 17, 2012, 09:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwebber

Just wanted to provide some info for you southern guys that may be coming North for our great fall fishing, was on Walloon yesterday, my wife caught her personal best at 5lbs 8oz, we boated 15--2 1/2 and bigger and jumped of quite a few.  A buddy of mine was in a tourney yesterday on the lower chain and he weighed a four fish limit that went 17 1/2.  Water temps are starting to drop, Walloon was 69 deg, we are supposed to get some cooler temps this weeks so I would expect that to drop more.  Will provide more this week about Burt and Mullet, going to try and fish them this week after work.

Webber

Firefighter Jeff

Sucks to be you living up there huh ????   Thanks for the report.

TheFishinPollock

Fishing on Charlivoix was the same. Lots of pigs on sunday. Unfourtinatly the weather just took a dump into wet, windy and down right cold. 
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

bwebber

Yes it's just terrible living up here, so many lakes so little time!! :)  I did go to Mullet last night, but as stated the weather was pretty hinky, one minute it was calm and the next blowing 25 out of the West.  I did pop two real quick off the Topinabee Hump, but that's the only spot I could get anything going with the way the weather was.  The forecast is terrible for the rest of the week, so I'll be out this weekend. 

Webber

Waterfoul

We got as far north as the Pere Marquette Lake in Ludington yesterday.... there be smallies there!!  Had fun for sure.  Biggest went 4 lb 2 oz
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Waterfoul on September 18, 2012, 10:53:37 AM
We got as far north as the Pere Marquette Lake in Ludington yesterday.... there be smallies there!!  Had fun for sure.  Biggest went 4 lb 2 oz

Who is we???  And leave my little buddies alone.  lololol   :D

fasttrack

The other half of we is me, french fry (LOL)
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Waterfoul

Must be Marc didn't catch any fish though... he didn't post any pictures or anything!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

PIGSMALLIE

I'm ready!!!....They have got to be starting to come in!!! ;D

bwebber

The weather is going to be good this weekend, fishing Walloon tomorrow and I don't know where on Sunday but i'll be out on Charlevoix, Mullet, Burt or Douglas???? ;D

Waterfoul

I'm pretty good at fishing the lakeshore lakes in the fall... but I haven't figured out the bigger bodies of water up north, Elk, Skegemog, Torch, Bellaire, Charlevoix, etc....  They fish a lot different than my go-to lakes like Pentwater, Manistee, Pere Marquette...

bwebber

Update on the weekend.  Walloon Saturday, pretty slow, eight fish to the boat but really had to work for them.  Had to slow down and soak a tube, I don't normally have to do this but it was the only way to really get bites.  One fish on a spinnerbait, the rest on tubes.  Charlevoix on Sunday, first fish 5.8 and a 24 inch coho and then about four hours without a bite, same scenario as Walloon had to virtually dead stick the tube, and I mean 3-4 minutes between slightly moving the bait, scratched out a 16.5 lb limit.  in my opinion not very well for that lake and this time of year.  Fished Mullet for 6 hours on Monday, bumped into a perch fisherman that said he was catching smallies along with the perch on 20 fow and he showed me some photo's on his phone.  The photos were of two pigs over 5lbs.  I hit Needle point, first fish 5.9 on a white crankbait in fifteen fow, next cast a 4, went south to the Topinabee hump an hour without a bite shallow went back out to deeper water and caught a few in Scott's bay all over 3lbs.  Went back up to Round point and finished shallow with a spinnerbait and ended up cathing three more over 3lbs.  All in all a slow weekend.  A small club up here was on Intermediate Sunday and they all pretty mcuh struggled over there also.  It's going to cool off some more this week, hopefully it turns them on!!!!