Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

ABA takes over the running of the Bassmaster Weekend Series

Started by djkimmel, November 14, 2006, 10:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshimoto son

I thought that a "TBF board member" could not be affiliated with the Federation Nation?

Or was it the other way around?

I'm not trying to start anything... I was just trying to remember all the things that was flying around in January.

Anthony Adams

QuoteSeriously, I hope BASS doesn't come out and say you have to choose. I don't see how they could since you work for ABA not them.

Bass wont have a say in anything - the entire BASS Series will be ran by the ABA and they get to call all the shots. I talked to the ABA about this back in October and I had concerns with my contract and I was given a provision in my contract to allow me to work with the TBF just incase a problem came up.  All is good and no worries.

QuoteI thought that a "TBF board member" could not be affiliated with the Federation Nation?

Or was it the other way around?

It is the other way around.

IMO this is a mistake by the Michigan BASS Federation... All us anglers today are fishing more then one trail, club or organization. We should be working together instead of driving wedges.

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Anthony Adams

Quoteall this to try and fish a regional 600 miles away

The Bass Master Series will not have a regional ...

You will fish 4 one days and one 2 day locally to qualify for the Championship. Which by the way will be worth over 200K in cash and incentives. The payout will indeed be larger this year then last year.

I think it is cool that you will only have to fish 6 events to have a shot at the Bass Master Classic and at least 5 will be on your own home waters.

The format is changing completely and will be a true boater non-boater format with the shared weight idea tossed out...

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

djkimmel

Sounds like it should be attractive to some anglers. Regardless of my affiliations, I still would have no trouble having a shot at the Bassmasters Classic. Heck, I want to make both major championships!

I do keep hearing lately that there's confusion again about who allows what affiliations.

ESPN/BASS has said that no state officers for BASS federation nation can hold an office with their competition. That is the reason I resigned from my conservation director position with the Michigan BASS fed nation - BASS staff told me they would not recognize me as the BASS conservation director if I held that position with TBF also.

ESPN/BASS also sent out a letter that said, while individuals are free to affiliate with whomever they choose, BASS clubs can NOT also affiliate with TBF. BASS says you have to form a new club. TBF does not have this requirement or limitation. Right from the letter from Don Rucks - then VP and GM of BASS (no longer with BASS), "This applies to TBF/FLW, and any similar multi-tiered organization seeking to sanction your club if that organization is affiliated with a commercial entity in competition with B.A.S.S."

If your club wants to affiliate with BASS and TBF, you have to form two separate clubs - two sets of bylaws and two sets of minutes to keep from having your BASS club agreement withdrawn by BASS. Neither TBF nor its major partners have any similar requirements at the club level. TBF is owned and operated by the anglers who make it up.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skip Johnson

So where in the heck is the BASS schedule! its the last week of november and its still not posted, if BASS wants to compete with FLW for entries they sure are disorganised and lagging!
for the past 5 weeks I have talked with bass several times and ABA headquarters now too, for the past 5 weeks they have been saying the schedule is made and will post  in the next week or two and the same song and dance for the ABA schedule!
I have till nov 30th to submit my time off for my 2007 MDOT contracts so it looks like Im only fishing FLW.
Go Big or Go Home!

djkimmel

I'm told we are within a few days to a week at most for the BASS weekend series and ABA in Michigan both.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

HellaBass

Skip Johnson

tell me your playing a sick joke and holding out on the michigan schedule becouse I dont see it there.
Go Big or Go Home!

HellaBass

considering they only had about 25-30 boats for each tourney, I can see why they may have dropped it.  It seems as they dropped a few others that did not have good turnouts.

Skip Johnson

wow!!!!
well if I have to travel to ohio to fish the closest B.A.S.S. tournament I think Id rather just fish ohio BFL as well as michigan BFL and drop B.A.S.S. from my schedule.
Go Big or Go Home!

Anthony Adams

Quoteif BASS wants to compete with FLW for entries they sure are disorganised and lagging!

The ABA has had the contract a little over a week and now we are lagging and disorganized?   Skip you know more about what?s going on then anyone on here. Why are you so quick to bash this?

The ABA in the last week has had contracts to sign, directors to interview and schedules to get out. I think they have done an excellent job so far.

We had a Major set back here in Michigan - My Nephew was killed in Iraq over the weekend and this forced me to step back and I could not give the ABA the insight they needed to get our schedule on the books.

There are a few roadblocks here in Michigan that need to be resolved before the ABA can commit to a schedule here.

I am working on it.... Please bare with me.

Skip Johnson

Anthony sorry about your loss, that would set me back also, family before tournaments!!!!

can you tell me or maybe guess what happend to the BASS wolverine series.
as far as the weekend ABA schedule I can live without that becouse I can pay at the ramp if I can fish but the ABA pro tour and wolverine is what I am(was) waiting for becouse of pre pay to hold your spot and no refunds.

Anthony dont take my frustration personel, you know me I spend a very large amount of money and time fishing and take my fishing very serious! if I dont submit my scedule by 5pm november 30th to my client I wont be able to schedule my fishing= no tournaments, I have picked up some state freeway work and alot of it is done nights and weekends so we can close lanes.
Go Big or Go Home!