Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:19:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Wet boat floor...

Started by BassinGT, November 13, 2006, 04:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BassinGT

Hi All,

I have a minor nuissance with my boat and was wondering if anyone else has this problem...

After fishing that last ABA tourney on Kent Lake my boat was obviously soaked. A day or two later my upper front deck and rear deck were pretty much dry. However the lower floor (where your feet rest when driving the boat) stayed completly soaked. I checked and there wasn't anything clogging the drain that sits right in the middle of that floor. Two weeks went by and it was still soaking wet so I had to take the shop vac to it to dry it out.

This will be a pain in the butt if I have to do this every single time it rains. I've been thinking about putting down something like a rubber "car mat" and cut a whole for the drain or something to reduce the problem some.

I have a 2006 Stratos 285 ProXL if it matters. Anyone know of any Stratos only forums?

Thanks in advance!

-Gary T.

dartag

must be a common problem.  i fished the Chiller it rained and snowed all day. after that my boat was in a heated  garage for 3 days.  the floor never dried.  i shop vaced out at least a gallon of water.  it dried in 2 days after that.  hard to believe there could be that much water in the carpet.  there is very little air circulation there.  i will just vacume it from now on. 

at least we won't have to do it for 6 months. :'( :'( :'(

DOWD

Get yourself a box fan, open all your boxes, place the fan on the back deck  and cover your boat. Leave the fan on for a few days, dries the boat very quickly. I place a small fan on the floor if I have a taken on a few waves while out on Erie. I leave a fan running in my boat all winter, keeps the air flowng and mold from forming.

rufus

I usually pull mine outside on a sunny day first thing in the morning. It is usually completely dry by 1 or 2 pm. I ususally open all my deck lids for at least half the time. The lower carpet will just not dry inside of a garage. God Bless and Good Fishin'
rufus

fowlmouth

while we're on this subject anybody else have some sort of algae growing in there carpet? I have little green plants growing in the corners where the floor meets the side on my center deck. I had to scrub it out with a brush and then shop vac it out but how can I stop it from coming back?

joshimoto son

I'm not sure about your boat, but I encountered the same problem with my Triton.

I was able to remedy my problem by cranking the front of the boat up as high as it could go and let gravity do the rest of the work.

Just my 2 cents.

joshimoto son ;D

BassinGT

Thanks for all the suggestions!

-Gary

MBell

My triton does the same thing.  I just crank it up all the way and it drains fairly fast.  As for the green algae, you can save yourself a lot of scrubbing with a power washer, just don't turn it up high. 
-Matt

fowlmouth

I'm a little leary of the pressure washer/carpet combo since my sisters ex-boyfriend pressure washed my parents pontoon boat. After the carpet was replaced it was real clean though, dumb part was he worked for a marine dealer!