Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:08:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Where are you going laborday weekend

Started by Got Fish??, August 14, 2012, 05:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Got Fish??

I guess it is not to soon, to be planning for that last big summer trip. I am traveling up to the Torch chain of lakes. I am hoping the wether will cooperate this year, usually I get rained on that weekend. We will be staying in Kalkaska.

TheFishinPollock

You definatly have gutz to be on that chain that weekend. I'll be puttering around my quiet little lake with a TM and a 6 pack .
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Manxfishing

For me
It's Portage lake for a small anual family & friends tournament.
My brother who doesn't really fish comes to town for it every year.

motocross269

Probably staying home and work on the Honey do list and pull some boat maintenance..I have to work through saturday that weekend..

YpsiBass

Going to be heading to Grand Rapids that weekend to see family.  Anyone on the west side who has a back seat open in their boat that weekend?

Waterfoul

Ypsi... I might on Sunday that weekend... not sure of my schedule yet.

Fishing a tournament on Fremont Lake on Monday with my buddy Ron.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Jmeis

Power Pole on Muskegon Saturday and the way this season has been going probably licking the wounds on Sunday. LOL Hopefully not
Triton TX 21 Bass Master Classic 225 OPTI
It costs extra to be STUPID!

djkimmel

Not too early to plan. Maybe I have both a boat AND a truck working by then?!? Probably somewhere small, quiet and near home regardless.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

32eml24

FishermanJohn

Labor day weekend?  I sure won't be out there with the crazies!  I'll be on my deck with the grill and a few cold ones.  I think I'll be hitting Lobdell next week though.  Had a great time out on that lake a couple months ago.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: FishermanJohn on August 16, 2012, 10:46:49 PM
Labor day weekend?  I sure won't be out there with the crazies!  I'll be on my deck with the grill and a few cold ones.  I think I'll be hitting Lobdell next week though.  Had a great time out on that lake a couple months ago.

My boyhood bass training lake. Lots of good memories on that lake. A few not as good memories... but that's fishing. I told someone the other day it can be a good frog lake too but I'm not sure he believed me..?

Sure is good that we have lots of choices in the Great Lakes state!

Mike S.

I was going to hit Muskegon on Saturday, the Grand on Sunday, and tourney on Fremont for Monday. Now that I know the Power Pole will be on Muskegon, I guess I will avoid that lake for the day. Maybe I will hit Crockery instead.

32eml24

djkimmel

Quote from: Mike S on August 17, 2012, 04:26:08 AM
I was going to hit Muskegon on Saturday, the Grand on Sunday, and tourney on Fremont for Monday. Now that I know the Power Pole will be on Muskegon, I guess I will avoid that lake for the day. Maybe I will hit Crockery instead.

You're not going to waste much holiday weekend time, are you? :)

djkimmel

Quote from: 32eml24 on August 17, 2012, 12:09:26 PM
Kzoo river!

Figured... but just in case you had a new 'secret' I thought I'd ask! ;D

chrisvmo

Secret lake close to Fremont on Saturday, and Sunday. Fremont on Monday for the open. Can't wait for Laborday...my favorite tournament of the year! ;)

chrisvmo

Quote from: 32eml24 on August 17, 2012, 12:09:26 PM
Kzoo river!
I haven't been out there yet this year but I'm going to try to in the next couple of weeks. How is the water level out there? Can you still navigate up the river?

32eml24

Last time I was out there you had to be on plane and know exactly where you're going, even then it's still a river and they change so much... not necessarily worth the risk.  It sucks there in the fall anyways... :)

Waterfoul

Quote from: chrisvmo on August 17, 2012, 03:42:10 PM
Secret lake close to Fremont on Saturday, and Sunday. Fremont on Monday for the open. Can't wait for Laborday...my favorite tournament of the year! ;)

I might hit that "secret" lake this Monday morning... we'll see.   ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!