Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:37:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Gore-Tex Rain Gear

Started by LipRip, August 13, 2012, 11:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LipRip

After getting soaked through my gander mountain rain gear last weekend and having to change my clothes twice so I didnt freeze to death.......Ive decided that im buying some gore-tex rain gear. Ive heard really good things about the BPS 100mph and pro qualifier rain gear. Ive been looking at them both and can't really decide between the two. I guess my question is what is the difference between the two!? I see that the 100mph says it has double stitched pressure points....is that the only diffence?

If anyone else has any thoughts on some gore-tex rain gear that isn't bass pro then im open for suggestions too!

Skulley

I'm using Frogg Toggs.  I like them okay.  They are light in the summer when it gets rainy and it is warm and humid.  Warm in the cooler weather with some layered clothing beneath.  But I'm with you,  I hear the BPS Gore Tex 100mph is the best.  One of these days, I am going to break down and buy them.  I just can't part with that much money with a kid playing travel soccer.  It's expensive these kids.   :o   

BD                          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Mike S.

I can't tell you the difference between the 2 BPS suits, but I can say I love my 100MPH GoreTex suit. Love it!  I'm on my 3rd year with it. Don't have a single complaint. I convinced my dad to buy it for himself as well. He is very hard to please, and has nothing bad to say about it either.

I am jealous of his suit, however. A major complaint with it was that there was no easy way to pee when you were wearing the bibs. They put an extra zipper in finally, so now that's not a problem. They are a little heavy for the warmer months, but nothing is perfect for the whole year. I also have the wind stopper liner for the coat. Man, that makes it so warm for those cold days.

If you can drop the money on it, just do it and be done with it. You will be more than happy with the 100MPH suit. I have heard nothing bad about the Pro Qualifier suit either.

Skulley

Thanks for the tip Mike.  My birthday is coming up at the end of the month.  Maybe my lovely bride will get it for me.  I'll tell her that's what I want.  She may just give me a Bass Pro gift card and just let me go buy it with that.  I'll keep my fingers crossed and be a good husband............at least for the next two weeks.   :o

BD                          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

6 lb Smallmouth

After getting wet, cold, and miserable a few years back, I said never again.  After comparing the BPS suits and the Cabela's, I went with the Cabela's Guidewear.  It is heavier and little thicker than the 100 mi/hr and I would guess that would translate to being better in colder weather.

I use my Guidewear as cold weather fishing gear and it is flawless.  Nothing gets in.  I fish some powerplant lakes in the winter and 35 degrees with rain/snow and wind is not a challenge to the Guidewear.  Most of the time unless it is raining I do not wear the parka unless it is severely cold.  The bibs and my windstopper fleece is sufficient.  Naturally, I am layering up underneath.  One drawback to the parka is that it can be a little stiff and therefore your range of motion is not ideal when casting.  I have another raingear suit that I wear if it is anything of 60 degrees.

I have also heard great things about the Frabil suit but it is $$$$.  Good luck.  
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

Dan

I have the BPS 100 mph and agree with Mike on all he said. I love my 100 mph. I have a back up pair of Frogg Toggs for when it's really hot out and they work great. A good combo plus I always have an extra suit for those guys you bring along that only have an umbrella.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Rangerman

Cabelas Guide Wear, Nuff Said, Dry for over 12 years in the same suit ;D sure its not cheap but a real good investment to stay dry.

LipRip

Thanks for all the input! I decided to go with the cabelas guide gear gore-tex suit because it was on sale and cabelas is right around the corner from me. Seems like some real solid rain gear, hopefully it is!