Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:56:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

best day this year

Started by stackenem, November 02, 2006, 04:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stackenem

OK it looks like people don't have much to talk about right now so let's hear about the best day fishing you had this year.

Mine was on a small lake across from my house that I use after I get my butt handed to me in a tx. Went out there one monday afternoon after getting totally skunked( yes it happened) and started throwing a small prop bait and caught 37 bass in about 2/12 hours the largest being a 4lb 11 oz LM. This happened at 3pm in July. That helped to regain my composure. There is just something about throwing topwater and watching the blowups  that gets the blood moving after a bad day on the lake.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

bosshawg

the best day is anytime i can get out to do what i love to do - go fishing!! but i'd have to say i had 2 days different lakes were the "boat" was able to put a tournament limit in the box w/your best partner/friend. something just about it makes the day just great to be out on the water and put to rest the "bad" days.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

fishon1219

I actually had 2 days this year that really stick out in my mind as the best days. Day 1 I was practising for an ABA event in the north channel with my best Friend in the world and we caught several real nice 3lb average smallies all day long. We could do no wrong that day. That is not why it stands out though. There are 2 reasons it is very clear in my mind.

1- I was fishing with my bestest buddie that is more like a brother and he loves fishing St.Clair, but doesn't have the boat to fish when it gets a little rough and we put together a pattern together and and crushed them all day

2- We were fishing by fawn island when we could here very loud music approaching from a 40+ cabin cruiser and when the boat got close we could see 4 very scantly clothed women and a striper pole on the back of the boat. The ladies were enjoying themselves taking turns dancing and with just a little coxing from us they enjoyed loosing some more of there wardrobe.

The second day was fishing day 1 of the Stratos regional on Erie with PoorBoy. We found one little rock pile on the north shore and caught some great fish and had a great time all day. We didn't make the money in that tournament, but we did have an excellent time and a pretty good showing for never fishing Erie.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

McCarter

I think i would have to say that my best day this year was on LSC with Maize.  We got out for a couple hours after work and decided to fish the mile rds.  Being that we only had a couple hours, i didnt want to waste too much time in one spot.  So, if we didnt get bit by our second or third cast, we moved.  Maize wasnt too happy with this, and, for the first 30 minutes, whined like a 4 year old girlyman.  But then it payed off and we hit the motherload.  Withing a couple hours i boated 42 keepers and Maize boated 21.  We had just been talking about the so called '50 fish days' on LSC.  I told Maize i have had just a few days like that.  And as usual, he didnt believe me.  So as usual i had to prove it.  While i didnt catch 50, i was pretty happy with the 42 and i think Maize was happy to catch 21.  That was his best day ever, and i was glad i was there to completly whoop him on his best day ever.  Ha Ha.  take that you scallywag. 

Second best day would be practicing Santee Cooper with Joshimoto.  I caught the biggest bass of my life off a bed.  I was pretty excited.  Then a little while later, or possibly the next day, Josh caught the biggest of his life, too.  It was awesome to say the least.  We really worked hard down there and both helped each other to figure some stuff out on a lake neither of us had ever fished.  Plus, Josh took 2nd for the tournament and won some good money.  I think he bought dinner that night.  And i fished with Scroggins.  That was ( insert favorite curse word here ) awesome.

PB himself :-\'

Revtro

I too have 2 best days this year.  The first was fishing with my wife in the N. Channel and watching her hook into a decent Smallmouth and seeing her face light up with excitement as she landed it.  I think I enjoy watching people that fish with me catch them more than I enjoy catching them myself. 

The second was a practice day for the 2nd tournament of the year when we were in the N. Channel and got into a deep pattern of nothing but 3 and 4 pounders.  It was one of those magical times where we caught 20 bass in a couple of hours.  If my trolling motor batteries wouldn't have given me problems, I'm convinced we'd have had one of those crazy 40 or 50 fish days.  Our biggest that day went over 4 and a half pounds. 

That GREAT day was followed by one of my worst days ever when the tournament director cancelled that week's tournament due to a "threat" of rain which never really materialized.  But this is a happy post, so I'll save that story for another day. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

canvsbk

Everthing's relative.....
The "best" tournament day this year came when we had ZERO going, struggled all day to put it mildy and then caught 2 right at the end to win the thing with 4 1/2# !! ;D ;D
The best fish catching day was actually a run of 3 days in August up north. We were up there to help a buddy try to gain some knowledge for a future tournament. We ended up fishing several different lakes but just hammered 'em everywhere we went. Both boats had right at 20# of smallies each day. 3 days of endless fun!! ;D ;D

When does next year start? ???
(Wait 'till we get to the "worst day" post!!)
Look past what they want you to see.

dartag

74 degrees,  light winds,  catching a few zzzz's on my ranger

Lola

Duke

My whole year really sucked  >:( (I hope I don't get in trouble saying that). I say this because I'm a teacher and only had my boat operational for 2.5 weeks throughout the summer. Nevertheless, my best day would have to be when I drove down to the Ohio River to prefish for our State Tourney and absolutely smoked them. I left having that feeling that something great would happen 9 days later for the tourney... As it turned out my pattern fizzled; typical of the summer! I can't wait until next year.

Duke
Duke

Hooksetter

My best day on the water was pre-fishing LSC with my son-in-law, my tourny partner and his brother who was up from South Carolina. We had perfect weather and just hammered the big smallies the whole time we were there. We even had a quad header of 3+ lb smallies! Most came off one little spot. We caught 18lbs there the next Sunday in our club tourny, which wasn't enough to finish in the money, but we caught fish all day.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Skulley

For me, today would be appropriate to reminisce about my best days this year.? I winterized my boat and put her to bed for a long winter's nap.? ho ho ho!!!? ?;)? Everyday I got to go out this past season was the best.? So here are some pictures I'd like to share from the 2006 fishing season.

If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

rufus

Obviously, I fish wayyyy too much (just ask my wife ;)), because it is very difficult to pinpoint just one. I would say that probably the 4 days prefishing for the Burt/Mullett BFL was probably the best. The smallies were up and the fishing was absolutely incredible. There were 4 pounders everywhere and they were very easy to catch. The Friday before the tourney I found an area with some prespawn females that I caught 2 over 6 and one just shy of 6 in three straight casts on a Pointer 100 jerkbait, it was absolutely unbelievable. Due to special circumstances that arose I was only able to fish a small part of the area during the tourney, but still weighed a respectable 18'3". It wasn't near what left me with only an hour's sleep the night before as I dreamed about a 25 pound limit. Believe it or not a close second would be prefishing for the Grand River BFL. My father-in-law and I caught nice largies all 4 days we were there. On tournament day my coangler and I culled through 25 keepers and I finished 4th and my co won! The fishing season is not over yet (the lakes aren't hard) so maybe there will be more to report, I have heard rumors that Vermillion, OH is on ::). God Bless and Good Fishin'

BigSmallie

I guess my (our.....including my fishing partner) best fishing experience of the year would have been our club classic.   We found several spots holding lots of fish 3 weeks prior to the tournament.....and the spots only got better as our 2 day classic approached.

The first day of our classic...our 7 fish limit went 31.32Lbs and the 2nd day 7 fish limit went 28.38Lbs.   This secured 1st place for our club standings and also 1st place in our classic.

What a way to end the season!
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

Dan

and what lake pray tell was your Classic on?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

BigSmallie

Hubbard Lake........Alcona County.    Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"